$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

Drop your TA an email and let her stew about it tonite [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been to court a ridiculous number of times in the past few years, not anxious to go again... but hubby is out for blood. Snort. So so incredibly hopeful for some type of resolution tomorrow (I'm one of those really awful optimists that gets their soul crushed constantly) but for now.... wine. and masterchef junior :D

PS take a break much earlier in the day and Call don't wait until late in the day or nothing will happen until after the holiday weekend. This has gone on too long!

I'm going to try to duck outside during my lunch break and call, phone is crap inside that building. I won't be able to talk long, probably max 15 minutes, so I'm hoping they won't put me on hold forever. I do have a direct line so hopefully I'll get straight through.

The initial payment of $1400 is the one you need to dispute, not the most recent one, if you don't want RC to cancel your cruise. You need to explain to your bank that it wasn't applied to your account by Royal, and that you didn't discover it until they charged you again in December, and that you have been working with the TA and Royal to get it sorted but they are not doing anything. You haven't been supplied with the service you paid for in September, plain and simple. Someone else might have been, but that is for Royal to figure out.

The initial payment of $1400 is the one you need to dispute, not the most recent one, if you don't want RC to cancel your cruise. You need to explain to your bank that it wasn't applied to your account by Royal, and that you didn't discover it until they charged you again in December, and that you have been working with the TA and Royal to get it sorted but they are not doing anything. You haven't been supplied with the service you paid for in September, plain and simple. Someone else might have been, but that is for Royal to figure out.

I find it muddies the waters to not tell the truth to somebody trying to get to the bottom of a problem.

The original payment was just the deposit in June. In September is when the $1400 was charged and OP stated she caught it 2 days later, not in December.

Just stick to the facts for the fastest resolution otherwise it just confuses things more.

Bill

I find it muddies the waters to not tell the truth to somebody trying to get to the bottom of a problem.

The original payment was just the deposit in June. In September is when the $1400 was charged and OP stated she caught it 2 days later, not in December.

Just stick to the facts for the fastest resolution otherwise it just confuses things more.

Bill

They caught that it had not been applied to their cruise in December when they were charged the full amount again though right? Yes she knew about the charge 2 days later but had no reason to not think it had been applied to her account.

Those are the facts, and this is the fastest resolution. The issue is what happened to the September payment. Royal does not apparently dispute that she paid for her cruise in December, but the money that was charged in September went elsewhere. OP wants to make sure her cruise does not get canceled. Disputing the payment that they think paid for it is not the answer.

Bill

Agreed. As far as I'm aware, it's well past time to dispute the charge from September. I'm definitely not going to lie or white lie about any of this. No reason to make things even more complicated.

They caught that it had not been applied to their cruise in December when they were charged the full amount again though right? Yes she knew about the charge 2 days later but had no reason to not think it had been applied to her account.

Those are the facts, and this is the fastest resolution. The issue is what happened to the September payment. Royal does not apparently dispute that she paid for her cruise in December, but the money that was charged in September went elsewhere. OP wants to make sure her cruise does not get canceled. Disputing the payment that they think paid for it is not the answer.

Exactly. Caught in September. I was under the impression that it was going to be applied to my final balance. Found out in December that it definitely was not applied.

Absolutely do not want to have my booking cancelled or not be allowed to board over a credit card dispute. Trying hard to give RCCL every chance to make it right.

Exactly. Caught in September. I was under the impression that it was going to be applied to my final balance. Found out in December that it definitely was not applied.

Absolutely do not want to have my booking cancelled or not be allowed to board over a credit card dispute. Trying hard to give RCCL every chance to make it right.

Wise decision.... I am concerned about a pissed of TA doing things to screw up your trip. Did she book your air? Who know what she could do to change or cancel your arrangements out of spit or anger.

Be very careful and double check your air arrangements often and your seats on the plane that all is well.

Wise decision.... I am concerned about a pissed of TA doing things to screw up your trip. Did she book your air? Who know what she could do to change or cancel your arrangements out of spit or anger.

Be very careful and double check your air arrangements often and your seats on the plane that all is well.

Thankfully I booked our flights! The only other thing she has booked for us is our hotel in Ft Lauderdale before the cruise. Will be calling to confirm our reservation, thanks for the heads up! I have a feeling when RCCL requests their commission back it will get ugly....

Well still double check your air by logging into your reservations if nothing more than to know nothing has changed. I'm a control freak and airlines tend to mess around with flights booked long in advance. I log in frequently to ensure my flights and seats still exist. I also do this right before leaving for the airport in case I need to be on the phone fixing things. Don't forget to check in at the 24hr mark and print your boarding passes! :)

I still think your TA is dirty and probably ignoring RCCL's repeated messages. If you get nowhere in your current course of action, another option that popped into my head last night is to contact elliott.org. They call themselves "a site that advocates for you" and all they do is handle travel specific issues/disputes/overcharges/scams etc. They are very good at what they do and will not cost a thing if they choose to take your case. This site is quite large and powerful and they almost always seem to win....You have a lot of good options right now and I still think this gets resolved in the next week in your favor. I think they only wrong move you could currently make right now would be to dispute your final cruise payment you just made. RCCL will cancel your cruise if you do this.

I still think your TA is dirty and probably ignoring RCCL's repeated messages. If you get nowhere in your current course of action, another option that popped into my head last night is to contact elliott.org. They call themselves "a site that advocates for you" and all they do is handle travel specific issues/disputes/overcharges/scams etc. They are very good at what they do and will not cost a thing if they choose to take your case. This site is quite large and powerful and they almost always seem to win....You have a lot of good options right now and I still think this gets resolved in the next week in your favor. I think they only wrong move you could currently make right now would be to dispute your final cruise payment you just made. RCCL will cancel your cruise if you do this.

Thank you!! And I agree, I'm pretty firm in my decision not to dispute. It's not worth losing my birthday cruise!

I'm hopeful that it will be resolved shortly. Just nervous that I haven't heard a thing since Monday morning. We fly to Florida 2 weeks from tomorrow. Ack. Hopefully RCCL will get this figured out today or Tuesday.

They will cancel and Elliott can rarely help someone who needs help TODAY. His method is a series of escalating emails thru the ranks of Customer Service and up the chain of command one week at a time. The OP sails in 14 days and is already in contact with Bailey's office so she has RCCL attention.

But here are the Elliott.org contacts for RCCL

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/royal-caribbean/

Thank you!! And I agree, I'm pretty firm in my decision not to dispute. It's not worth losing my birthday cruise!

I'm hopeful that it will be resolved shortly. Just nervous that I haven't heard a thing since Monday morning. We fly to Florida 2 weeks from tomorrow. Ack. Hopefully RCCL will get this figured out today or Tuesday.

The only call you need to make is to the number on the back of your card and get transferred to dispute resolution to confirm the 120 day limit. Please, stop making this so hard on yourself. It's painful. It doesn't need to be so challenging.

The only call you need to make is to the number on the back of your card and get transferred to dispute resolution to confirm the 120 day limit. Please, stop making this so hard on yourself. It's painful. It doesn't need to be so challenging.

I agree she needs to speak to that dept to confirm the dispute process. The regular Customer Service line is staffed by well meaning folks who are not knowledgeable regarding dispute. Getting correct info does not mean filing a dispute.

I've been following this thread for several days now and hope it gets resolved soon.

I've one other suggestion and that is to contact the Attorney General's office in both Florida and Arizona I believe they would have access to a Consumer Affairs Division.

Have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree she needs to speak to that dept to confirm the dispute process. The regular Customer Service line is staffed by well meaning folks who are not knowledgeable regarding dispute. Getting correct info does not mean filing a dispute.

I'm calling my bank after RCCL after work :) I have almost no intention of filing a dispute before the cruise.

Received am email from RCCL saying they've been unable to reach to TA. Surprise!!! And that she'll call me at 4pm EST, regardless I'll be calling her on my way to my car :p

Wow! Just make sure they remove her as your Agent of record. They certainly should be able to figure out whose acct the Sept charge is connected to. There is a tracking # attached to each charge on your credit card bill. Has RCCL seen your stmt with the 3 itemized charges? And her crazy emails?

Boy I was really hoping this was just a major screw up and not fraud. But it's not looking good!

I'm calling my bank after RCCL after work :) I have almost no intention of filing a dispute before the cruise.

Received am email from RCCL saying they've been unable to reach to TA. Surprise!!! And that she'll call me at 4pm EST, regardless I'll be calling her on my way to my car :p

Dirty TA. RCCL is not the bad guy here it appears. You said TA lives on Facebook, I would send TA a Facebook message that you are going to the police tomorrow and filing fraud charges on her. That might stir things up. I would also blast TA on yelp, Facebook and google reviews to warn others. Time to go nuclear and pull her out of hiding. She stole from you.