Sailing Date:

Total cost of pkg $-----

Paid to date: $-----

1st pmt Date ----- $-----

2nd pmt Date ---- $-----

3rd pmt Date -----$-----

Overpay: $1400.00

Travel Agent _________

To be clear I have tried dozens of times to work with this Agent over the last 4(?) months to get the over payment resolved. I have emails & credit card stmts to verify this. She tells me you will only give me my $1400 as a OBC or FCC. She is now not returning my calls.

I want my $1400 returned to the credit card you took it from. I want this Agent removed from my reservation.

I want to sail in (insert date) and enjoy my cruise knowing my huge overpayment has been credited promptly. I believe in addition you should provide a gesture of "goodwill" and provide a OBC sufficient to buy dinner at a specialty dinner on our sailing.

I am due an apology!

Note: I am assuming the credit card used for ALL three pmts is the same card. No change in card due to fraud or any other reason. And that each charge is reflecting RCCL as the merchant name

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is FANTASTIC, thank you!!

Same CC for all cruise related charges, reservation payments, excursions, etc. All charges are by RCCL.

This is FANTASTIC, thank you!!

Same CC for all cruise related charges, reservation payments, excursions, etc. All charges are by RCCL.

Tweek it but you need to just clarify your earlier "missive" and should be forwarded with your 1st email and their response so that an email chain is all in one place. You might also acknowledge and thank the person who called from the Executive Office but say that those 2 Business days are now at 4 and you have heard nothing back. Continue to check your RCCL online acct to make sure everything is ok with your booking.

Last tip: be super nice to the people at RCCL as you get more help with honey then with vinegar.

Let us know what happens! Now go pack and get your toes done [emoji267][emoji41][emoji295]

Do you want me to PM you the phone # of the person in executive guest relations I was speaking to?

I find a phone call can often get you further faster than an email...

Ohhhhhh someone has a phone # time to make a call! :)

You may want to review the rules on disputes. It's generally a time frame after the SERVICE, not the payment. I have disputed transactions nearly a year after making the actual payment. If that's true in your case, then you can dispute the payment after the cruise and not worry about it. But definitely look at it.

Also, don't you have a more recent final payment/charge? Is that greater than the stolen amount (sorry if I didn't read closely enough).... if so, just dispute the more recent charge for the amount after the cruise.

If you can just dispute after the cruise, I couldn't imagine wasting another moment with the TA or RCI on this issue. Heck, when I need to dispute something, I usually give them a quick phone call just to fill that requirement before pressing the 3 buttons on the internet to start the dispute.

If she disputes any part of this at this point today. Her cruise will get cancelled by RCCL. I'm betting this will be fixed in day or two. If not then she will have to make some hard decisions. Yes time to dispute is 60 days from when the statement is produced reflecting the error. Her time to dispute clearly ended in December.

RCCL just needs to track each of those three charges and find out where each went. There is a tracer # on each and can easily be tracked by the RCCL accounting system

Though she certainly can dispute a portion of her final pmt (overpmt part) which may still be in the 60 day period. This is tricky because if the overpayment is misapplied somewhere or to someone else she could end up with RCCL cancelling her cruise.

Review the rules and call the bank to clarify... after the Service Or # of days after its on stmt. get the facts clear for your next step if needed

Edited by JVilleGal

If she disputes any part of this at this point today. Her cruise will get cancelled by RCCL. I'm betting this will be fixed in day or two. If not then she will have to make some hard decisions. Yes time to dispute is 60 days from when the statement is produced reflecting the error. Her time to dispute clearly ended in December.

RCCL just needs to track each of those three charges and find out where each went. There is a tracer # on each and can easily be tracked by the RCCL accounting system

Though she certainly can dispute a portion of her final pmt (overpmt part) which may still be in the 60 day period. This is tricky because if the overpayment is misapplied somewhere or to someone else she could end up with RCCL cancelling her cruise.

Review the rules and call the bank to clarify... after the Service Or # of days after its on stmt. get the facts clear for your next step if needed

Again, this is simply not accurate. There is numerous time limits based on the charge back code. And for a service not being as described, for example, with Mastercard it's 120 days after the SERVICE is provided, not from the date of the transaction. Credit Not Processed or incorrect amount is 120 days, not 60 days, for both VISA and MC.

It's just not all that simple. But if there is a charge recently from the cruise line that is more than the amount in dispute, I'd just wait until after the cruise and dispute it. It's super simple and quite trivial. This doesn't need to be a big issue. If final payment was within 120 days of the end of the cruise, again, just wait until after and dispute the final payment transaction for the amount of the overcharge.

$1400 and months of attempting to get it resolved and being told RCCL can only return it as a FCC or OBC vs TA sitting on her ass and not correcting and being MIA has become a BIG DEAL.

I told her to verify that she knew her CC rules regarding disputes and time frames so that she understood where she stands.

Is the TA a lier or a thief or is RCCL simply incompetent. Any of those are possible answers.

Yes at this point the OP is frustrated and $1400 has become a very big deal!

Now that she has the attention of Bailey's office she needs to let them have the opportunity to fix it. Likely they will.

Next of course is to get answers from her Bank regarding the rules to Dispute the overcharge.

None of these are wrong answers.

Still nothing from RCI. It's been almost exactly 72 hours since I heard from them :D but who's counting?

I will send another email to Bayley after close of business this evening. Holding onto a slim hope that I'll hear from them today but it is already almost 1:30pm over in Miami.

Anxious and frustrated. Still not a single word from my TA. Obnoxious. Slightly worried that RCI has contacted her with updates instead of me... but it's been said many times that my TA is completely MIA.

I would just like to know where my money is for starters. Over paid on my account? On a stranger's booking? In a black hole?

This sure seems like a Travel agency mistake. Specifically, I am guessing that you are dealing with a travel agent that has financial problems and used your cc as a loan to themselves. I think RCCL will get this resolved, but be patient. If you cannot reach your TA, then then likely can not reach them either which will delay a resolution. Be patient, this will get resolved in your favor.

My CC says 60 days from date posted on my card, so I could still technically dispute the final payment until a couple of days before we set sail. I'm afraid if I do that then RCCL will completely cancel my cruise, or simply not allow us to board. We leave for Florida in 16 days. There's no time for miscommunication. I'm happy to pay for my cruise, I'm not happy overpaying by $1,400.

I googled the person that emailed me on Monday from RCCL and found her direct line. I'm going to call her shortly, about to pick my kids up from school. Hopefully she'll still be in the office, it will be almost 5pm in Miami at that point.

I know many people can let $1,400 lie for awhile and dispute later. But it's been five months of trying to get resolution. It's more than my mortgage! It's aggravating to have "lost" that much money into a black hole somewhere hoping that it will show back up as cash and not OBC, FCC, etc.

I know many people can let $1,400 lie for awhile and dispute later. But it's been five months of trying to get resolution. It's more than my mortgage! It's aggravating to have "lost" that much money into a black hole somewhere hoping that it will show back up as cash and not OBC, FCC, etc.

And still no call from your TA???? Unbelievable [emoji35]

And still no call from your TA???? Unbelievable [emoji35]

NOTHING. At all. No phone call, email, nothing. There are no words for how angry I am with her.

Of course by the time I got home with the kids, pulled up all of my documentation, and call RCCL it's 5:06 there and they're long gone. :mad::rolleyes: Sigh. Will try again during my lunch break tomorrow. Hubby is getting the kids from school tomorrow so I'll be able to call as soon as I escape work tomorrow, about 4pm EST.

This sure seems like a Travel agency mistake. Specifically, I am guessing that you are dealing with a travel agent that has financial problems and used your cc as a loan to themselves. I think RCCL will get this resolved, but be patient. If you cannot reach your TA, then then likely can not reach them either which will delay a resolution. Be patient, this will get resolved in your favor.

Reference my TA using my CC as a loan to themselves, with the charge being billed as to RCCL, how would they get the money? Charge my card to RCCL and then obtain a refund to the agency? Not sure how it would work but definitely not ruling it out. Something about this TA is off and unusual.

I'm doing my best to be patient. It's hard when it's dragged on THIS long. I don't want to sail without having this resolved.

Reference my TA using my CC as a loan to themselves, with the charge being billed as to RCCL, how would they get the money? Charge my card to RCCL and then obtain a refund to the agency? Not sure how it would work but definitely not ruling it out.

I think people just aren't reading that all the charges are from royal.

Reference my TA using my CC as a loan to themselves, with the charge being billed as to RCCL, how would they get the money? Charge my card to RCCL and then obtain a refund to the agency? Not sure how it would work but definitely not ruling it out. Something about this TA is off and unusual.

I'm doing my best to be patient. It's hard when it's dragged on THIS long. I don't want to sail without having this resolved.

What if someone else gave them cash or a personal check to the TA to pay for their RC cruise? They could have charged your card for the other cruisers and kept the cash/check. Just saying!

What if someone else gave them cash or a personal check to the TA to pay for their RC cruise? They could have charged your card for the other cruisers and kept the cash/check. Just saying!

BINGO!!! And you get the prize :(

NOTHING. At all. No phone call, email, nothing. There are no words for how angry I am with her.

Of course by the time I got home with the kids, pulled up all of my documentation, and call RCCL it's 5:06 there and they're long gone. :mad::rolleyes: Sigh. Will try again during my lunch break tomorrow. Hubby is getting the kids from school tomorrow so I'll be able to call as soon as I escape work tomorrow, about 4pm EST.

Please send the follow up Email this evening. Remember a short sweet and to the point, Email attached to the Executive CS Email. That way by the time you call tomorrow she will be getting answers and not having to wait over a long week-end.

So Email follow up (recap like my email above but tweeted for you and thank her) and then call. Make sure she has the phone you can actually be reached at and not your house phone if you are at work!

BINGO!!! And you get the prize :(

Seeing red. No idea why it would take 3 days for RCCL to take the charge and then call or email me about it, even without a resolution but just to let me know where my money went.

Left a couple of voicemails and sent an email back to the person that emailed me on Monday and CC'd Mr. Bayley. Politely asked for resolution by the end of business tomorrow as it's a holiday weekend and we sail 14 days from Monday. Hoping at the least to get an update before the close of business tomorrow.