$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

I had an issue with RCCL with my OBC.

I booked our room through a TA for a cruise with a wedding group. When we booked it was buy one get one 50% off AND an OBC. Our paperwork reflected this and all was good. We sailed in December and had no issues until our final bills came the morning we were leaving. My bill was $200 more than I was expecting, our $200 OBC wasn't on there. I went and stood in line at the service desk, they could see where the credit was on my account at one point and then was removed for some reason and they didn't know why. I tried calling my TA for more info and so she could talk to them but it was too early in the morning to get in touch with her. I didn't know what to do then. We went back to our room to get our stuff and I waited a bit to see if she would call me back, no such luck. We got in line to get off the ship and I finally got a call from her a few hours later.

She called her contacts at RCCL to try to figure out what happened. After a couple weeks she finally got someone that told her it was an error on their end (I guess when my room was moved into a group once enough people booked in our group). They offered to give the money as a future cruise credit (claimed they couldn't refund my credit card) but that TA told them she would have to verify that with me first. She called me and I was fine with that, better than nothing. The TA called RCCL back and got a different person that time, there was NO note on the issue with the error that was found and the credit being offered. She had to start ALL OVER! Finally, 1 month after we sailed, the TA got it resolved and RCCL refunded the money to my credit card. It was a big pain in the butt but I am glad it was resolved in my favor.

Good luck with your issue. It sounds pretty shady. Keep on them about it.

Goodness!! So glad it got resolved for you. Absolutely crazy that it took a MONTH. Wow. If this isn't resolved before we sail I'm going to have to implode haha! We leave for Florida so so soon :( This is a big celebration cruise for us so I hope we don't have this hanging over our heads on the trip!

Incorrect... when my TA makes the payment, he does so on the RCI system so the charge is made by RCI, not by the TA, even though the TA has processed it.

As the TA is your representative to RCI and vice versa, they should be handling this. Call the owner of the agency and tell them that you are personally contacting RCI to complain about the treatment that their agency is giving you. RCI will typically come down very hard on TAs who do not service their (common) clients.

Steve

The fact that your TA charges using the RCCI system doesn't establish that OPs TA did so. It used to be, and some still do, that TA would charge your credit card and then pay RCCI. It was important to establish that this wasn't the case.

That's great news as it established that RCCI actually received the money. Doesn't matter who ran the charge. RCCI has your money. Its rare now, but some TA may still charge your card and then pass the money to the cruise line. We know that isn't the case here.

You'll get this straightened out because you have the invoice showing what should have been charged and the credit card statements showing what was charged.

Woohoo for some good news in the hot mess! :D We're going on 5 months of chaos. I'm hoping now that Mr. Bayley's office is involved now that we'll have a fairly smooth resolution figured out soon. Lord knows that $250 OBC offered in September isn't enough now :o :p

It will get fixed long before you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your amazing reassurance on this thread. I appreciate it SO much. It's hard to know that it will all work out when I've been mired in this mess for months :) anxious that they're going to continue to jerk me around.

Have you logged into your RCCL acct? Every dime you have paid I believe will be reflected there?

I can't see my payments on mine, possibly because of the TA? This is my first time using a TA but it has been several years since we last cruised. If I can see it on the RCCL website, would it be fairly obvious? I've booked excursions, done our set sail paperwork, etc on there so I think I've clicked around most all of it. But I could have missed something!

Goodness!! So glad it got resolved for you. Absolutely crazy that it took a MONTH. Wow. If this isn't resolved before we sail I'm going to have to implode haha! We leave for Florida so so soon :( This is a big celebration cruise for us so I hope we don't have this hanging over our heads on the trip!

Yeah, I am lucky that my TA kept on them about it. She was just as annoyed as I was by the end of it. The problem I had was that RCCL wouldn't talk to me about it because I booked through a TA, my TA had to do it. I'm sorry that you aren't having much luck with your TA, hopefully going above her head with help your cause. Good luck, I hope your issue is resolved VERY soon! :)

I can't see my payments on mine, possibly because of the TA? This is my first time using a TA but it has been several years since we last cruised. If I can see it on the RCCL website, would it be fairly obvious? I've booked excursions, done our set sail paperwork, etc on there so I think I've clicked around most all of it. But I could have missed something!

I don't remember being able to see my payments either.

Hummm when I go home I need to log into my acct. I know I can see everything in my Big Box TA acct that has been paid. What is amazing is that your TA has allowed this to go on and I'm sorry the lies (yep) she tells are amazing.

RCCL will be able to track each pmt and tell you what is going on. BTW be sure and have them transfer your Cruise so that you have no further dealings with that TA.

Hummm when I go home I need to log into my acct. I know I can see everything in my Big Box TA acct that has been paid. What is amazing is that your TA has allowed this to go on and I'm sorry the lies (yep) she tells are amazing.

RCCL will be able to track each pmt and tell you what is going on. BTW be sure and have them transfer your Cruise so that you have no further dealings with that TA.

The lies are KILLING ME. It's just unbelievable. In my huge essay to RCI I asked for them to transfer my cruise to me, hopefully they will. Then they won't have to pay out commission so it should be a win-win for both of us.

I'm worried that she lied about the glitch and used my card information to book a cruise for herself/another client. Argh. Or maybe there was just an insane RCI glitch. If that was the case I would think they would have figured it out and solved the issue months and months ago.

My husband wants me to call the TA over and over until she answers. I don't have the time or energy for that right now. If I don't get resolution by Friday from RCI then I might. But ugh. I just want this solved and done with. I don't think my TA will be doing anything at all even if I get her to answer the phone.

It's ok now that RCCL is involved it will be fixed lickedy split :)

Have a glass of wine and go pack! This will be fixed in the next few days.

Hey did your TA put any of her crazy claims in emails???????

YES. Crazy crazy. Most were over the phone but I have a few of her insanity quotes in my emails.

I've started packing! 2 adults and 2 kids for a total of 14 days is a LOT of stuff haha! :) and have drank all the wine the past few months. Snort. :D

I just looked all over RCI's website and can't find my payment information :( drat.

If you book through a TA, your payment information isn't available to you on the website. The normal recommendation would be to contact your TA, but in this case...

If you book through a TA, your payment information isn't available to you on the website. The normal recommendation would be to contact your TA, but in this case...

Yeeeeep :/ :/ Sigh. Very hopeful for a response from RCI tomorrow!

Have you considered leaving a bad review online/ her Facebook page? I'm not one for posting bad reviews in general but in this case I would use every opportunity available to you to be heard. She's willing to push it off at the moment because it's not really effecting her business, but throw a bad review in the mix? She should move heaven and earth so that you will change your review.

She needs to get RCCL to fix first before doing anything like that. Knowing what happened 1st is important.

My thoughts as well. As soon as we get back from our trip I'll blow up the internet though haha! It's been just chaos and awful. I used a TA this time because I thought it would be less stress hahaha. Oops. That's what I get for using an acquaintance off of one good referral from a friend. Such is life :)

My thoughts as well. As soon as we get back from our trip I'll blow up the internet though haha! It's been just chaos and awful. I used a TA this time because I thought it would be less stress hahaha. Oops. That's what I get for using an acquaintance off of one good referral from a friend. Such is life :)

Hi honey! :D

I look forward to reading that all is resolved for you in the next few days. I also feel sure that RCI will refund your CC, for the amount that was over charged.

I think you did the right thing by asking them to transfer the booking back to you, because then she will have to return the commission that she made on it. She would have been paid, very shortly after your final payment, and if it showed that you were charged an additional $1,400.00, then she got a really nice commission from them!

Not all TA's are the same, but I bet she left a bad enough taste in your mouth, that it will be hard to trust another TA. That is a shame, because they can really be helpful to you, when they do their job, and you need assistance. If she was a good TA, you would never have had to go through this. She should have gotten the $1,400.00 charge straitened out, and then paid your cruise in full, not let a mistake stay on the books.

Also, it is possible that RCI may have already notified her that you are taking your booking back, so she may not return your calls, but don't worry, RCI will get it fixed. Does it still show that your cruise is through a TA?

Kathy

Not yet! Got an email back from Mr. Bayley's office Monday morning saying they're looking into the matter and would call me in a couple of business days. :)

I would forward that email to Mr. Bayley and ask for an update. Couple business days has passed....

Short sweet and to the point!

To the office of Mr Bayley

Re: Booking #

Sailing Date:

Total cost of pkg $-----

Paid to date: $-----

1st pmt Date ----- $-----

2nd pmt Date ---- $-----

3rd pmt Date -----$-----

Overpay: $1400.00

Travel Agent _________

To be clear I have tried dozens of times to work with this Agent over the last 4(?) months to get the over payment resolved. I have emails & credit card stmts to verify this. She tells me you will only give me my $1400 as a OBC or FCC. She is now not returning my calls.

I want my $1400 returned to the credit card you took it from. I want this Agent removed from my reservation.

I want to sail in (insert date) and enjoy my cruise knowing my huge overpayment has been credited promptly. I believe in addition you should provide a gesture of "goodwill" and provide a OBC sufficient to buy dinner at a specialty dinner on our sailing.

I am due an apology!

Note: I am assuming the credit card used for ALL three pmts is the same card. No change in card due to fraud or any other reason. And that each charge is reflecting RCCL as the merchant name

Edited by JVilleGal

I truly hate seeing these errors happening. If working with a TA on payments, they should call in the requested payment to the cruise line who actually charge your CC, an invoice or statement should be sent to you showing the charges made and current balance. I will double check our CC online to see when charges were made. I will receive upon booking a cruise an invoice immediately from the cruise lines while in their office then an additional one from the TA. to compare. Hope you get this resolved quickly.

Still nothing from RCI. It's been almost exactly 72 hours since I heard from them :D but who's counting?

I will send another email to Bayley after close of business this evening. Holding onto a slim hope that I'll hear from them today but it is already almost 1:30pm over in Miami.

Anxious and frustrated. Still not a single word from my TA. Obnoxious. Slightly worried that RCI has contacted her with updates instead of me... but it's been said many times that my TA is completely MIA.

I would just like to know where my money is for starters. Over paid on my account? On a stranger's booking? In a black hole?