$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

For my two cents...This is your TA'S doing. We use a TA and I just finished paying off my third booked cruise by making payments. I would email my TA and ask them to pay x amount of cruise #??? And pay x on cruise #???? on my cc on record. I would get a reply from my TA confirming that x amount was processed by RCCL. The new payments always showed correctly on my cc. It looks to me like your TA made the wrong payment and once made, they couldn't correct it because it was now between you and RCCL.

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

At least something is happening! Did your TA ever return your calls? This whole thing is crazy :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only once, I emailed to say I contacted RCI on my own since we cruise SO soon and need this fixed immediately. She said she would call me on Monday.... hahaha. Obviously didn't happen. Insanity.

For my two cents...This is your TA'S doing. We use a TA and I just finished paying off my third booked cruise by making payments. I would email my TA and ask them to pay x amount of cruise #??? And pay x on cruise #???? on my cc on record. I would get a reply from my TA confirming that x amount was processed by RCCL. The new payments always showed correctly on my cc. It looks to me like your TA made the wrong payment and once made, they couldn't correct it because it was now between you and RCCL.

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

Possibly!! Anxious to hear from RCI what exactly happened.

Sounds like you'll hear soon and get a credit back to your Credit card. Is your agent in a large agency? Did you contact her boss regarding them needing to correct misapplied funds? The TA saying these funds can only be returned as an OBC is total BS and raises huge concerns about what is really going on. A phone call from her to RCCL should have easily reversed an over pmt . JMO

Last question have you ever seen the actual RCCL invoice? And what does the invoice you've been provided look like (how is this overpayment shown).

I have not!! Very suspicious IMO. I just have you paid $xxx invoices, but no running totals. I have one from my deposit with a final payment amount and date. And then one from the full final payment just a receipt. Pretty much no info on it other than they charged xx card $xx amount.

The only thing I have from the random almost $1,400 charge in Sept is my credit card statement.

This is a single person agency but they have a very large parent company (kind of like multilevel marketing for travel?? Figuring these things out too late obviously haha!) Referral from a friend, I know the TA very loosely through my husband's work.

The reoccurring "reason" for the charge is a "glitch" in RCI's system and that they're also having issues refunding cards... mmmmmhm. Very anxious to hear from RCI, hopefully today!

You have good reason to be suspicious and I hope you shared the pertinent detail with RCCL. As long as ALL these charges on your stmts show RCCL and not your travel agent then they can track the $$ and make you whole. I get a very detailed invoice from my TA and she also provides the cruiseline invoice.

You have good reason to be suspicious and I hope you shared the pertinent detail with RCCL. As long as ALL these charges on your stmts show RCCL and not your travel agent then they can track the $$ and make you whole. I get a very detailed invoice from my TA and she also provides the cruiseline invoice.

This is my first experience with a TA haha! Ack. All of the charges are RCCL so I'm thankful they can be tracked!

My email to Mr Bayley's office was more like an essay, they should have all of the information they need, including attached documentation :D :D constantly checking email and hoping for my phone to ring :)

You'll hear today or tomorrow! And still not call from your TA.....sadly there are fabulous TA's and then again there are awful ones too.

Not a friggen word since Sunday afternoon when she said she'd call on Monday. Ugh.

We leave for Florida in 17 days. Anxiety is through the roof, but hopeful for a resolution by Friday! :)

The reoccurring "reason" for the charge is a "glitch" in RCI's system and that they're also having issues refunding cards... mmmmmhm. Very anxious to hear from RCI, hopefully today!

They really did have an issue refunding my credit card, and as I think you read, the outstanding refund showed as money I owed them instead of money they owed me. That said, once I got in touch with them about it it only took a week to resolve, not months.

They really did have an issue refunding my credit card, and as I think you read, the outstanding refund showed as money I owed them instead of money they owed me. That said, once I got in touch with them about it it only took a week to resolve, not months.

I just can't believe I'm the lucky person to get possibly two glitches :D :D

Were they able to refund your card after reaching out?

I cancelled some excursions booked with the same card and they were refunded within 72 hours.

At this point I'll take a check :D

I just can't believe I'm the lucky person to get possibly two glitches :D :D

Were they able to refund your card after reaching out?

I cancelled some excursions booked with the same card and they were refunded within 72 hours.

At this point I'll take a check :D

Yep, it still wasn't immediate but the charges did get refunded back to my credit card and I've got a $0 balance owing again :) (And I got an invoice to prove it this time!)

Did you authorize your TA to automatically make payment in full? What caught my eye was that you were caught unaware of the $1400 charge. No one is supposed to be able to make charges on your credit card without your authorization and you would obviously know if you authorized it.

This "glitch" scares me because that means that they could just charge your card willy nilly and they blame it on a computer glitch.

I'm glad it was straightened out.

Did you authorize your TA to automatically make payment in full? What caught my eye was that you were caught unaware of the $1400 charge. No one is supposed to be able to make charges on your credit card without your authorization and you would obviously know if you authorized it.

This "glitch" scares me because that means that they could just charge your card willy nilly and they blame it on a computer glitch.

I'm glad it was straightened out.

I authorized the deposit in June. Then in September a random unauthorized amount was charged. TA said RC was going to apply it to our final payment. I authorized a final payment of original final payment MINUS the amount charged in September. Entire original final payment was charged to my card, supposedly by RC (TA called RC to make final payment)

Of course, I only know what my TA tells me.

Situation has not been resolved yet. Hopeful to hear tomorrow! It's 5:30pm here, I think RC is based on the East Coast so it's 7:30 there. Unlikely to hear anything today.

I authorized the deposit in June. Then in September a random unauthorized amount was charged. TA said RC was going to apply it to our final payment. I authorized a final payment of original final payment MINUS the amount charged in September. Entire original final payment was charged to my card, supposedly by RC (TA called RC to make final payment)

Of course, I only know what my TA tells me.

Situation has not been resolved yet. Hopeful to hear tomorrow! It's 5:30pm here, I think RC is based on the East Coast so it's 7:30 there. Unlikely to hear anything today.

You should have access to your credit card statements on line. If not, you can easily set that up. You need to check the credit card statements to see whether the charges were made by your TA or by RCCI. That will tell you who screwed up and who has to fix it.

I had an issue with RCCL with my OBC.

I booked our room through a TA for a cruise with a wedding group. When we booked it was buy one get one 50% off AND an OBC. Our paperwork reflected this and all was good. We sailed in December and had no issues until our final bills came the morning we were leaving. My bill was $200 more than I was expecting, our $200 OBC wasn't on there. I went and stood in line at the service desk, they could see where the credit was on my account at one point and then was removed for some reason and they didn't know why. I tried calling my TA for more info and so she could talk to them but it was too early in the morning to get in touch with her. I didn't know what to do then. We went back to our room to get our stuff and I waited a bit to see if she would call me back, no such luck. We got in line to get off the ship and I finally got a call from her a few hours later.

She called her contacts at RCCL to try to figure out what happened. After a couple weeks she finally got someone that told her it was an error on their end (I guess when my room was moved into a group once enough people booked in our group). They offered to give the money as a future cruise credit (claimed they couldn't refund my credit card) but that TA told them she would have to verify that with me first. She called me and I was fine with that, better than nothing. The TA called RCCL back and got a different person that time, there was NO note on the issue with the error that was found and the credit being offered. She had to start ALL OVER! Finally, 1 month after we sailed, the TA got it resolved and RCCL refunded the money to my credit card. It was a big pain in the butt but I am glad it was resolved in my favor.

Good luck with your issue. It sounds pretty shady. Keep on them about it.

You should have access to your credit card statements on line. If not, you can easily set that up. You need to check the credit card statements to see whether the charges were made by your TA or by RCCI. That will tell you who screwed up and who has to fix it.

Incorrect... when my TA makes the payment, he does so on the RCI system so the charge is made by RCI, not by the TA, even though the TA has processed it.

As the TA is your representative to RCI and vice versa, they should be handling this. Call the owner of the agency and tell them that you are personally contacting RCI to complain about the treatment that their agency is giving you. RCI will typically come down very hard on TAs who do not service their (common) clients.

Steve

The charges are all RCCL on my credit card statements. I just don't know if my TA ran my card or if RCCL ran my card, meaning who screwed up the amount owed. Sigh.

Incorrect... when my TA makes the payment, he does so on the RCI system so the charge is made by RCI, not by the TA, even though the TA has processed it.

As the TA is your representative to RCI and vice versa, they should be handling this. Call the owner of the agency and tell them that you are personally contacting RCI to complain about the treatment that their agency is giving you. RCI will typically come down very hard on TAs who do not service their (common) clients.

Steve

I wish my TA would handle it!! Ugh. She's been fairly MIA. I've asked for updates every day. There was almost 2 weeks of no updates from her, so I emailed Mr. Bayley's office and received a response on Monday morning. Hopeful that they will help me with the situation as my TA is being unhelpful in following up.

Unfortunately my TA is the owner of her own one-person agency. Live and learn!

The charges are all RCCL on my credit card statements. I just don't know if my TA ran my card or if RCCL ran my card, meaning who screwed up the amount owed. Sigh.

That's great news as it established that RCCI actually received the money. Doesn't matter who ran the charge. RCCI has your money. Its rare now, but some TA may still charge your card and then pass the money to the cruise line. We know that isn't the case here.

You'll get this straightened out because you have the invoice showing what should have been charged and the credit card statements showing what was charged.