AIBP costs more to purchase on board?

candigirl41

I read a couple of threads today that it now costs more to purchase the AIBP on board then ahead of time. If anyone know if this is a fact I would be interested to know. The Princess web site does not state this so am wondering how they would handle people complaining that this is not reflected on the website. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Candi

I read a couple of threads today that it now costs more to purchase the AIBP on board then ahead of time. If anyone know if this is a fact I would be interested to know. The Princess web site does not state this so am wondering how they would handle people complaining that this is not reflected on the website. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Candi

If you did not buy when the price was lower you are out of luck.

Some were able to lock the old price in. Its too late now.

It was $2 or $3 dollar increase?

If you did not buy when the price was lower you are out of luck.

Some were able to lock the old price in. Its too late now.

It was $2 or $3 dollar increase?

The website is still stating 57.45 for the 7 day AIBP. Some are saying it is now 52.00 plus 15% gratuity on board which amounts to 59.80. I actually did the math and if the pre paid amount is 49.00 plus gratuity it should only be 56.35. Unless I am so tired my math is wrong. Just wondering.

Candi

The website is still stating $57.45 for the 7 day AIBP. Some are saying it is now 52.00 plus 15% gratuity on board which amounts to 59.80. I actually did the math and if the pre paid amount is 49.00 plus gratuity it should only be 56.35. Unless I am so tired my math is wrong. Just wondering.

Candi

I hear ya! It seems like fuzzy math, right? We have an upcoming cruise. One of us paid for the AIBP right away and it's $56.35 per day. Another one of us paid for it recently at $57.45 per day. Both of those include tip.

I've seen some recently posted Patters that show the new price as $52 plus 15% gratuity ($59.80). So it appears to me that the pre-pay price is a newly increased $57.45, and paying on board is a slightly increased price of $59.80.

The website is still stating 57.45 for the 7 day AIBP. Some are saying it is now 52.00 plus 15% gratuity on board which amounts to 59.80. I actually did the math and if the pre paid amount is 49.00 plus gratuity it should only be 56.35. Unless I am so tired my math is wrong. Just wondering.

Candi

There was an apparent increase on the website from $49/day ($56.35/day with gratuity) to $49.95/day (($57.45/day with gratuity). It is confusing [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your math is OK.

The 57.45 is 49.95 + the 15% gratuity

I have seen both the 56.35 and the 57.45 amounts on the web site recently.

Some recently posted Patters show the $52 + gratuity pricing.

The web site usually has not indicated that something costs less when booked in advance.

Two examples:

a) For several years (but no longer) the coffee card cost less on the web site than on board. The web site never mentioned hat.

b) You get twice the bonus minutes if you buy an Internet package pre-cruise than if you buy it on the first two days of the cruise. The web site does not indicate the bonus minutes are less on board.

The issue seems to be with prices listed in the Patter. This is why people are saying it seems to be more expensive if purchased onboard.

Question: What ship were the Patters from? If from a specific ship with a specific itinerary in a specific area that may be why the price is different. I don't know but am simply curious if that might be the case.

The issue seems to be with prices listed in the Patter. This is why people are saying it seems to be more expensive if purchased onboard.

Question: What ship were the Patters from? If from a specific ship with a specific itinerary in a specific area that may be why the price is different. I don't know but am simply curious if that might be the case.

The Royal had an onboard price of $52 + 15%, on our 29 Jan cruise. The website price for our Royal 28 Feb cruise is $57.45 including the gratuity.

You save a couple of bucks per day if you pre buy the AIBP.

On our recent Mexican Riviera cruise on the Ruby which left LA on January 28, 2017, the Embarkation Patter clearly states $52.00 a day plus 15% gratuity, totalling $59.80 so cheaper to buy ahead of time via your Cruise Personalizer, for now.

Paul

If you purchase the AIBP on your cruise personalizer does it go on your shipboard account or do you have to pay for it with your credit card? I have a ton on OBC's I want to use.

Personalzer purchase of AIBP, goes on credit card

The option to buy the inclusive package has disappeared from my cruise personaliser. Has this happened to anyone else? My cruise is mid May.

It's still available for our April cruise, as well our September and March 2018 cruises.

The option to buy the inclusive package has disappeared from my cruise personaliser. Has this happened to anyone else? My cruise is mid May.

If I click beverage packages from the first screen it doesn't seem to show but if I click "Onboard Reservations" at the top of the screen and then beverage packages it is listed there.

Actually in Aussie Land where the cruises are in AUD$, I have found the problem to be the other way around.The pre-purchase price on the cruise personalizer was significantly more expensive on our last two cruises, than the price to purchase on board. In these cases, passengers (including one of my travel compagnions) who pre-purchased and was able to prove the higher amount pre-paid, was refunded the difference as on board credit by passenger service.

Actually in Aussie Land where the cruises are in AUD$, I have found the problem to be the other way around.The pre-purchase price on the cruise personalizer was significantly more expensive on our last two cruises, than the price to purchase on board. In these cases, passengers (including one of my travel compagnions) who pre-purchased and was able to prove the higher amount pre-paid, was refunded the difference as on board credit by passenger service.

So price increase indications are not fleetwide. Interesting.

Actually in Aussie Land where the cruises are in AUD$, I have found the problem to be the other way around.The pre-purchase price on the cruise personalizer was significantly more expensive on our last two cruises, than the price to purchase on board.

Isn't that because of poor software on the Princess web site that shows prices in Australia $, treats the prices as being in US $ and converts the princes a second time to Australia $?

Isn't that because of poor software on the Princess web site that shows prices in Australia $, treats the prices as being in US $ and converts the princes a second time to Australia $?

Possibly?? wouldn't surprise me... We've also noticed a discrepancy between pre-purchasing directly through the gifts and services page on their website v's pre-purchasing through your cruise personalizer also (both are displayed in AUD$ for Aussies)...

the main point I wanted to make is that if you find this as happened to you, Princess will refund this difference (although you have to notice and ask for it) on board at passenger services as OBC to your account....I don't think though that princess would honour it the other way around however as in the scenario posted by the OP....:confused:

Yes, that is very correct.

It is discussed many times on the Aus/New Zealand board, it is $59 AUD purchased onboard.

There is not benefit buying online as the price is incorrect.