1st time drink package

colesc15

Hi everyone,

We have the ultimate drink package for the first time ever coming up on our cruise. We haven't been huge drinkers in the past so our drink choices are limited and we're using this trip as a chance to try new drinks. What are your go to drinks under the drink package? I'm looking for ones other than pina coladas, Miami vices, old fashions. Neither of us have found a beer we enjoy. Let me know! I'd love to have a. If list of things to try on the cruise with the package!

Tip your bartender upfront, in cash, and ask them what is the latest, greatest they can make. See what stikes your attention. Likely they will mention several options. I find my main "go-to" beverage spot, usually pool side, and provide cash tips on each visit. Interesting how quickly I get seved especially when the bar is crowded! Enjoy your cruise!

Tip your bartender upfront, in cash, and ask them what is the latest, greatest they can make. See what stikes your attention. Likely they will mention several options. I find my main "go-to" beverage spot, usually pool side, and provide cash tips on each visit. Interesting how quickly I get seved especially when the bar is crowded! Enjoy your cruise!

Good idea

Just off the independence of the seas yesterday. Drink package is the way to go. In the cafe promenade I got vitamin water, Gatorade, lattes and water bottles. At the bar I tried all kinds of things. One of my new favorites is called "goombay smash" it's rum, triple sec, pineapple and orange juice (I think). Also you can use the package at dinner and after dinner for a latte or espresso with dessert. I think it's the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the morning or at brunch time, instead of a mimosa, try a French 75. It's gin, lemon juice, a little simple syrup topped off with champagne.

In the evening, try a Sidecar or a Classic Daiquiri (not the frozen slushy sweet concoction. The Sidecar is Cognac, Cointreau and lemon juice. The Classic Daiquiri is Rum, Simple Syrup and Lemon Juice.

In the morning or at brunch time, instead of a mimosa, try a French 75. It's gin, lemon juice, a little simple syrup topped off with champagne.

In the evening, try a Sidecar or a Classic Daiquiri (not the frozen slushy sweet concoction. The Sidecar is Cognac, Cointreau and lemon juice. The Classic Daiquiri is Rum, Simple Syrup and Lemon Juice.

That sounds delicious!

That sounds delicious!

I should edit to say the Daiquiri is lime juice and not lemon juice. Sorry for any confusion!

As our group is a bunch o Delaware Blue Hens, the go to drink is called a Blue Hawaii. It meets the requirement of a "Blue Slushy Drink" for our 1st drink on board and toasts. Pretty tasty too, but a little fru-fru.

Another good drink or the dinner table is a frozen mojito.

As for non slushy drinks, my go to is always bourbon and a splash ginger ale.

Finally, a key part of the drink package is the bottled water. Grab one every time you pass a bar. Stock up in your room and you have water for the bathroom, bedside, and excursions. At $2.50 per bottle for non drink package holders, it racks up big savings.

On Navigator in May I had taken pictures of an old post on here where someone posted the old cocktail menu with loooooads of cocktails (sorry cant remember the post). Me and my wife sat at the bar and I said to her if the barman can make us 3 each from the list without saying "what's in that" I'll give him €20....I tried my best but he made them all, he even seemed happy to be tested...top bloke!

Finally, a key part of the drink package is the bottled water. Grab one every time you pass a bar. Stock up in your room and you have water for the bathroom, bedside, and excursions. At $2.50 per bottle for non drink package holders, it racks up big savings.

It isn't necessary to buy water for the bathroom (expensive flush).:D

Edited by LeeW
joke

Tropical Old Fashioned

Strawberry Daiquiri

Bahama Mama

Sex on the Beach

Bottled water, specialty coffee, virgin drinks, there are endless possibilities. They have drink menus you can look through. If something sounds good, try it. If you don't like it, order something else. That is what we did. :)