Central Park View - Bed Configuration

firefox247

Wife and I are thinking of booking a non-balcony cabin for the first time on Allure. For the balconies, we liked the bed by the balcony, and we knew that we could use the "connecting stateroom trick" to figure out which cabins had the bed by the balcony. Does the ship follow this same convention for Central Park view staterooms? If I get the right side of a connecting cabin, will the bed be by the window?

Also, I've read that the Central Park balconies can be hot because there is no air movement in the common area. Would this be the same inside the room, or does it only impact the balcony? Obviously we wouldn't have a balcony at all, so I'm just trying to see if the heat would be an issue inside the room.

Wife and I are thinking of booking a non-balcony cabin for the first time on Allure. For the balconies, we liked the bed by the balcony, and we knew that we could use the "connecting stateroom trick" to figure out which cabins had the bed by the balcony. Does the ship follow this same convention for Central Park view staterooms? If I get the right side of a connecting cabin, will the bed be by the window?

Also, I've read that the Central Park balconies can be hot because there is no air movement in the common area. Would this be the same inside the room, or does it only impact the balcony? Obviously we wouldn't have a balcony at all, so I'm just trying to see if the heat would be an issue inside the room.

The Central Park View staterooms do follow the same pattern of bed by the balcony as the balcony staterooms do. We stayed in one on Oasis and found no issues with heat inside the cabin.

We liked the cabin especially the window seat and would not hesitate to stay in one again. Very convenient location as well.

The Central Park View staterooms do follow the same pattern of bed by the balcony as the balcony staterooms do. We stayed in one on Oasis and found no issues with heat inside the cabin.

We liked the cabin especially the window seat and would not hesitate to stay in one again. Very convenient location as well.

That's good to hear! We are actually pretty nervous about not getting a balcony and feeling "claustrophobic," especially since we won't be able to see the ocean, but the price difference is hard to ignore. It's an extra $700 plus loss of TA perks to move from that to a D5, so we might give this one a shot.

How do you figure out bed configuration ? Bed by the balcony ? We booked cabin 10645 Central Park balcony.

Bed by the closet.

Edited by clarea
Ocean Boy's superior argument

Only if you start from the most aft cabin. If you count from the pair set it is by the closet. This one could be up in the air.

I'm with you on this one, and changed my post. Thanks for the catch.

Anyone know for sure where the bed is for room 9231 on Harmony?

Any guest pictures of Central Park view room and view out window?

I was confused a little whether the thread was asking about CP balcony or view cabins (or both), but here are a few of my photos from a CP balcony cabin (12593) from Allure a year ago. Very nice view! FYI, our cabin layout had the bed by the closet and sofa bed by the balcony...

31372550334_c72aa6504c_b.jpg

32210003546_f7d555880a_b.jpg

32210003936_bc701d4466_b.jpg

I see posts/questions like this a lot. I always wonder why it matters where the bed is? Not slamming anyone asking the question...just curious. This does not even factor into our decision or thought process when booking a cabin.

Some say having the bed by the closet opens up the area near the balcony and makes the room seem larger. Others say having the bed by the closet makes it hard to access the closet.

Some say having the bed by the closet opens up the area near the balcony and makes the room seem larger. Others say having the bed by the closet makes it hard to access the closet.

While not a deal breaker I much prefer the bed by the balcony because as you t makes accessing the closet difficult. Even my kids don't like it but they don't have a choice because I take the ones with the bed by the balcony.

With the new room layout on Harmony this will no longer be an issue.

I probably wasn't clear, but I was referring to the "view" rooms on deck 9. Just referencing the balcony rooms for the "hot" comments that I was reading. Does anyone know where RCI is getting the extra square footage of 199 square feet for the CVs? Is it from the window seat, or are the rooms actually larger in some way?

I probably wasn't clear, but I was referring to the "view" rooms on deck 9. Just referencing the balcony rooms for the "hot" comments that I was reading. Does anyone know where RCI is getting the extra square footage of 199 square feet for the CVs? Is it from the window seat, or are the rooms actually larger in some way?

Yes it's because of the window seat. The rooms are exactly the same width just a tiny bit longer.