Koningsdam Questions

Luvsnorkeling

Hi! I have a few questions I hope someone can answer for me. Have an upcoming 10 day cruise on this ship.

1. Are any of the specialty restaurants open for lunch?

2. Will the dining room be open for lunch on embarkation day? Or will it just be open for Mariners at lunchtime that day? If for Mariners only, are 2 star Mariners eligible?

3. It appears there is no seating in inside cabins except for a small backless bench. Has anyone ever brought onboard their own collapsible chair? With a bad back, can't imagine having to sit all week on either the bench or the bed to watch tv, eat room service breakfast, read, etc.

Thanks for all help offered.

I think the PG should be open for lunch some days. Oddly, my Daily Navigators don't list the hours of the PG, SdM, or Tamarind ... just the free restaurants. :confused:

The Pinnacle Grill is normally open just on Sea days. The cost is $10 as I recall and WELL worth it IMO.

We are also booked on a 10 night upcoming cruise on the Koningsdam, and I too have a couple of questions.

1. How many gala nights, two or three?

2. Does HAL still provide tote bags? I know they are sort of flimsy, but good for the pool or beach.

Thanks so much.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

We are also booked on a 10 night upcoming cruise on the Koningsdam, and I too have a couple of questions.

1. How many gala nights, two or three?

2. Does HAL still provide tote bags? I know they are sort of flimsy, but good for the pool or beach.

Thanks so much.

1. There are 2 Gala Nights on each of the 10 or 11 day segments.

2. You do get one of the flimsy HAL bags.

Is the unlimited laundry package offered on the Koningsdam? If so, please verify the price. $7.00 per day?

Could anyone who has used the "all you can stuff in a bag" option for $20 comment on the approximate size of the bag provided.

Again, thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

Is the unlimited laundry package offered on the Koningsdam? If so, please verify the price. $7.00 per day?

Yes, it was on our charter last week.

As for dining hours, I can't contribute much since for our charter dining options were a bit different. The dining room was never open for lunch or dinner but there were two brunches on the sea days. The Pinnacle Grill was open for lunch on sea days. Sel de Mer was only open for dinner. We had late night service in the Lido - one or two stations open way past 2 AM.

Considering our first HAL cruise on Konsingdam with European itinerary. Previously cruised with Celebrity, Costa, NCL, MSC and CMV. Spent most of afternoon reading HAL for Dummies above. Have a couple of Konsingdam questions.

1. Beverages - Does K have happy hour and wine by the carafe? We drink several box wines at home so are not picky but won't drink just anything. Anyone try it? Would our table mates look down on us if we ordered carafe wine? I saw the packages and wine lists for other ships

2. Entertainment - Is there a early show for late diners and late show for early and can everyone fit in the theater? I have seen that some of the mega cruises are now making you reserve for the shows and seem to have more people than seats. Anyone know what we might expect for entertainment on a European sailing?

3. Bathroom storage - Looking at a verandah. Is there adequate storage for a couple. Neither of us use lots of products.

4. Hot tubs and steam room - Are both available for free?

Thanks

Considering our first HAL cruise on Konsingdam with European itinerary. Previously cruised with Celebrity, Costa, NCL, MSC and CMV. Spent most of afternoon reading HAL for Dummies above. Have a couple of Konsingdam questions.

1. Beverages - Does K have happy hour and wine by the carafe? We drink several box wines at home so are not picky but won't drink just anything. Anyone try it? Would our table mates look down on us if we ordered carafe wine? I saw the packages and wine lists for other ships

They do have happy hour. Not sure about the wine. However, what does it matter what anyone else at your table thinks...you're drinking it, not them. [emoji2]

2. Entertainment - Is there a early show for late diners and late show for early and can everyone fit in the theater? I have seen that some of the mega cruises are now making you reserve for the shows and seem to have more people than seats. Anyone know what we might expect for entertainment on a European sailing?

There are early and late shows. I can't comment what will happen in Europe, but the World Stage is completely new for HAL and is a great venue. It is basically in the round and has LED screens the whole way around. The entertainment is all new for this venue.

3. Bathroom storage - Looking at a verandah. Is there adequate storage for a couple. Neither of us use lots of products.

Can't answer because we were in a suite.

4. Hot tubs and steam room - Are both available for free?

There are free hot tubs around the pools. There is not a free steam room but there are free saunas. The steam rooms are inside the thermal suite (which is a paid feature of the spa). You can tour it on embarkation day.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off Kdam. Many nights they had 3 different times for the show. Happy hour was 4 to 5 and then 10 to 11, buy one get another for $2. We had a veranda and thought it was adequate for bathroom supplies. She is a beautiful ship Cathy

Considering the TA in April.........do they sell still beverage packages and how much are they? Has anyone dined in Sel de Mar?

Sel de Mer is awesome. Great menu and fresh, delicious food. The service was great...our server Gladys made us feel relaxed like we were in her home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...
The Pinnacle Grill is normally open just on Sea days. The cost is $10 as I recall and WELL worth it IMO.

I agree, the Pinnacle Grill is really good for lunch but the price has gone up. I believe it is $20, but still worth it.

• 3 months later...

The food is free in the Grand Dutch Cafe. Drinks are not.

"Stuff a bag of laundry" was $7.00 on our Koningsdam cruises. The bags are canvas, very strong and hold lots of clothes - you can really stuff them.

Pinnacle is open for lunch some days.

I know the bar at "Billboard on board" had happy hour around 4 or 5 pm. Not sure about any other venues.

I don't remember seeing wine offered in a carafe. I only remember it being available by the glass or bottle.

There are 2 shows (most nights) in the World Stage, 8 pm and 10 pm. We usually went to the late show and it was never full.

Storage in the bathroom should be adequate. There are a couple of glass shelves and a low shelf under the vanity. We had no issue. There was ample closet space, and better drawer space than we have had on other ships.

Edited by Daisyloo

Where is the free sauna? I sailed the Kdam on a 4 night in Nov. 2016 and did not see a free sauna.

Im on again Feb.2018 and would like to know if I buy the soda and coffe pkg. can I get soda in the dining room or do have to bring it from the freestyle machine near the buffet?