Tour of area near Rome Airport

invitemaven

I have a question. Our party will have a day after we leave the ship before our plane back to the US. We have hotel reservations inFiumicino. Is there anything worthwhile to see there or should we try to arrange a tour before we get there?

Thanks

I have a question. Our party will have a day after we leave the ship before our plane back to the US. We have hotel reservations inFiumicino. Is there anything worthwhile to see there or should we try to arrange a tour before we get there?

Thanks

Notting to see or do near fco.

The day is perfect to go shopping!

http://parcoleonardo.it/mobile/

At the end of fco, near one hilton fco-Hotel you will a huge shopping center with a lot of different restaurants, cinema and hotels.

At Auchan you will find wine and cheese you maybe never have seen before.

Last time i was there i stayed for 10 hours......:)

Very local authentic town...they sell pizza by weight , cold and cut it with a scissor. We stayed at the Marriot pre flight...One or two good restaurants towards police sta, if they are still there, but not much more to it...

Last year we went on a day trip from Rome to

http://www.ostia-antica.org

This is a very short distance from the airport, the site was much better than I expected with many double height remains from the original port of rome from ancient times

If you like historical sites it's well worth a visit, it's also on the same train line that goes to the Rome lido, beach area

We did a tour with Rome Cabs last September. There is some beautiful countryside around that area including a castle to tour, small towns to see, a mountain top village where the one road in and out is only one lane so there is a traffic light to control the flow. We had a 2pm fliight and spent the morning touring the area and were dropped off at the airport at 1pm, our friends had a flight the next day so they stayed in the town of Fiumicino and enjoyed dinner a small restaurant near their hotel. Bottom line, yes there are things to see and do in the area if you look for them.