Price drops

deliver42

I can't speak about other cruises, but this morning on RCCL's website, I found a $223.00 drop on my 6 night cruise on the Freedom for Dec, 2017. It might pay for others to check their cruises.One call is all it took to change my price. I originally booked direct on RCCL's website.

I was going to book our Spring Break cruise (Harmony 4/8/17) last night because the price had recently dropped $300/cabin. I decided to wait until this morning to book just in case it was on today's Going Going Gone sale. I'm glad I waited! The price dropped another $400/cabin. We have two cabins, so that's a total savings of $1400 over the price a week ago. We are after final payment (and that sale is only for new bookings), so we would not have been able to get the price drop.

I can't speak about other cruises, but this morning on RCCL's website, I found a $223.00 drop on my 6 night cruise on the Freedom for Dec, 2017.

Thanks - we might be on the same sailing - mine went down about $150 ($50 price +$100 OBC).

Biker, who noticed on this sailing an E3 cabin is cheaper booking via the UK site compared to the US site.

My sailing is up $3,200 for balcony with two adults and one child.

I can't speak about other cruises, but this morning on RCCL's website, I found a $223.00 drop on my 6 night cruise on the Freedom for Dec, 2017. It might pay for others to check their cruises.One call is all it took to change my price. I originally booked direct on RCCL's website.

It's a crap shoot. Few years ago our OS and brother's CLS bounced from $8000 to $6000 back to $8000 over the eight months prior to sailing. My OS went down $500 and up $600 between Friday and Tuesday.

My OS I have booked for October I got at $6200 and it's now up $1500 from that.

Saved $260 on two cabins for 9/30/17 Harmony cruise...$131 on one, $129 on the other, and increased OBC from $50 to $100 on the first, and $25 to $100 on the second. So that is approximately one drink package, yippee!

I am just BUMMED!! My CLS went down $486 today and my TA wouldn't give me the discount or any credit. Final payment isn't until the 21st. I was afraid that might happen and should have taken price changes into account when I booked with him last November. When I booked, my TA took 1K off the price of the cruise rather than give me $950 in OBC and specialty dining for 2 (which he admitted to me back then). I figured it was the same price and I'd rather pay less for the cruise and choose for myself what I will buy onboard. UGH...now I have learned RCCI would have reimbursed me any unused OBC. The TA's excuse (today) is that I'm already paying less for the cruise than today's discount. Well, if I had booked with his competitor today...I would have received today's price AND $950 in OBC and specialty dining, which would have been a savings of $486 compared to what I paid.

Live and learn but that savings would have paid for an airline ticket!!!!

Edited by Snooksi

If final pay wasn't due why couldn't u cancel and try to rebook at lower price. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought about doing that but I've already paid the insurance in full and all but $100 for the cruise (TA's final date is this Fri and I left a small balance just in case) and too afraid the deal won't be available by the time I would get my money refunded. I'd have to pay another $7900 today (final payment date was last Fri for the other TA). The clock is ticking down on Royal's website for the "sale", so I will bet the price goes back up at midnight. In all honesty, I have no idea why it just went down today, when the sale has been going on for almost a week.

Believe me, I really wanted to rebook with the other TA just out of spite because I was so ticked off at my TA.

I have learned a valuable lesson and now know that next time I'll take all of the OBC and pay the standard rate in case of any future price drops. I just didn't think the price would drop (and to be honest..never even thought of a price drop or that I wouldn't be able to take advantage of one when I booked back in Nov) on a CLS. The price never went down for our last Allure cruise and I booked 7 mos in advance for that one during some "sale".

I am just BUMMED!! My CLS went down $486 today and my TA wouldn't give me the discount or any credit. Final payment isn't until the 21st. I was afraid that might happen and should have taken price changes into account when I booked with him last November. When I booked, my TA took 1K off the price of the cruise rather than give me $950 in OBC and specialty dining for 2 (which he admitted to me back then). I figured it was the same price and I'd rather pay less for the cruise and choose for myself what I will buy onboard. UGH...now I have learned RCCI would have reimbursed me any unused OBC. The TA's excuse (today) is that I'm already paying less for the cruise than today's discount. Well, if I had booked with his competitor today...I would have received today's price AND $950 in OBC and specialty dining, which would have been a savings of $486 compared to what I paid.

WOW! That's messed up.

How do you get $950 OBC?:eek:

Bill

I'm new to this and just booked AOS for next Feb 2018. That's a long time off, so how do you check for price drops ? And how far out would you most likely get a price drop ?

I just call RCCL when they offer new sales and ask them to check my reservation for a price drop. It's quick, easy and they will adjust the price instantly if it has dropped. If you booked through a T.A. you may have to get them to check for you. Since October I've gotten 3 price drops on our Harmony cruise in June....plus OBC we didn't have before.

Harmony of the Seas 2017

Oasis of the Seas 2016

Majesty of the Seas 2016

Carnival Sensation 2015

Carnival Sunshine 2015

Oasis of the Seas 2015

Disney Magic 2014

Golden Princess 2011

Golden Princess 2009

That's awesome, OP! We also took advantage of price monitoring on our upcoming and saved a ton! It pays to check....and we're eligible for PD's until final payment. I like holding off until then for that reason, but unfortunately for us the cruise is now fully booked. I am not sure though if there's a lot of cancellations if they will do another PD on this upcoming cruise or not but it always helps to check!

So sorry this happened. Sounds familiar to our very first cruise booked through a TA. Never again. That third party never made sense to me, and the free excursion wasn't worth it because the PD we missed out on because our TA went on vacay was well over the value of that stupid free excursion. This is why we book direct.

So sorry this happened. Sounds familiar to our very first cruise booked through a TA. Never again. That third party never made sense to me, and the free excursion wasn't worth it because the PD we missed out on because our TA went on vacay was well over the value of that stupid free excursion. This is why we book direct.

AMEN! Our friends booked a second room on their cruise in June, they already bought drink and Internet packages. I called got my price change and room upgrade from RCCL and in 5 minutes I was good to go. They used a T.A. and he completely cancelled their original booking and rebooked them which meant they lost their packages which will be refunded but they lost the sale they bought them under (for now anyway).

Harmony of the Seas 2017

Oasis of the Seas 2016

Majesty of the Seas 2016

Carnival Sensation 2015

Carnival Sunshine 2015

Oasis of the Seas 2015

Disney Magic 2014

Golden Princess 2011

Golden Princess 2009

AMEN! Our friends booked a second room on their cruise in June, they already bought drink and Internet packages. I called got my price change and room upgrade from RCCL and in 5 minutes I was good to go. They used a T.A. and he completely cancelled their original booking and rebooked them which meant they lost their packages which will be refunded but they lost the sale they bought them under (for now anyway).

Our first ever cruise, we booked via an online TA (I can't say the name in here). We still had a lot to learn but thanks to the boards here we picked up on the price drops and how they worked. We called our TA to get the PD. She was on vacation, so I called another agent. Other agent said she couldn't touch the account because it belonged to the other agent...I called RCL, THEY wouldn't touch it either, so in the end we completely missed the PD, it was far more valuable than the excursion. Sorry this happened to your friend.

As of late, there's a FB friend, she's a TA. I may try going through her first on our 2018 cruise just to see. We cruise once a year; DW being a teacher and me being a fed with DHS....we only have limited vacation times.