Majesty of The Seas - Faulty Life Jackets, Stuck in Port

Lurch104

There is a dumpster under my balcony full of life jackets. I would post photos, but don't have a photo sharing account.

I have to say the crew has been awesome in what must be an extremely difficult situation for them. Stepping up the activities and music.

Guest relations is swamped with people disembarking. I am staying onboard. I am in a suite and these double (now discounted by 50%) C&A points finally get me to Diamond.

My wife and I agree, this cruise is now much more memorable then a trip to Nassau. :-)

Are people getting a full refund if they are disembarking now?

I was just explaining this to my wife. No excuse for a failure of this sort. PMS needs to be taken seriously. Life jackets were what they announced but he said "other technical issues" as well. I am a Navy man and understand the complexity of the propulsion system; failures there can't be helped sometimes. Substandard safety equipment should have serious repercussions; this should never happen.

My same sentiments, was thinking the same thing....horrible. Absolutely uncalled for. In our Navy life, the squadron would be involved....wonder if this might lead to a fleet wide IG?:D

There is a dumpster under my balcony full of life jackets. I would post photos, but don't have a photo sharing account.

I have to say the crew has been awesome in what must be an extremely difficult situation for them. Stepping up the activities and music.

Guest relations is swamped with people disembarking. I am staying onboard. I am in a suite and these double (now discounted by 50%) C&A points finally get me to Diamond.

My wife and I agree, this cruise is now much more memorable then a trip to Nassau. :-)

LOVE your great attitude!! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Sorry to see you are still there.

I dont see any thing happening on the web cam.

We have frends on the ship they say very quiet at this time.

I guess when it leaves, who is left on the ship could have a great 3 day trip.

I say this because i was told 1/2 of the people left with refunds.

Hope you get to sail soon.

I agree with everyone old jackets RC fault for sure.

I looked a post about the old days when you had to bring yours to muster drill.

i think they stopped that for health reasons i know you would not want to put one on after several people had it.

But that was the old days we still check ours when we get on the ship.

There are dates on each one.

To my frends on the ship.

Try to have a good time when you leave.

Not even the rock wall open for kids today form the camera.

The Go To Page button works fine for me. Looking at it on my laptop now.

Ok, John, I went to GO TO on top right and selected the arrow for next page (3) and it went back to page 1 original post. Next I selected the GO TO and entered page 4 since it now says there are 5 pages and again it went back to page 1 post 1.

I have posted on CC help site but did not get any answer back form IT. Beginning to think this is worse than Royal web page.

We are booked on Majesty in Jan. 2018 and if found a roll call but could not go to next page so can't participate in roll call or threads of more than 1 page. Desperate.

Since you are so close to PC, you could go down/up to port and offer to fix Her Majesty. Bella could go with you and help.

I guess when it leaves, who is left on the ship could have a great 3 day trip.

I say this because i was told 1/2 of the people left with refunds.

How exciting to be on a ship with a greatly reduced crowd! I definitely would've opted to stay onboard!

Snit, I am on my Dell laptop looking at the navigation buttons. currently on page three

I see a double left arrow that says go to first page

Next is a previous page button with a left arrow

Then we see blocks with pages 2-3-4

Then I see next page with a right arrow

Then there is a double right arrow that says go to the last page (page 5)

Finally, there is a down arrow that says go to a specific page

All of those selections work flawlessly.

FWIW, view first unread post doesn't work very well.

Bella is napping, she just came back from the groomers

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Ok, John, I went to GO TO on top right and selected the arrow for next page (3) and it went back to page 1 original post. Next I selected the GO TO and entered page 4 since it now says there are 5 pages and again it went back to page 1 post 1.

I have posted on CC help site but did not get any answer back form IT. Beginning to think this is worse than Royal web page.

We are booked on Majesty in Jan. 2018 and if found a roll call but could not go to next page so can't participate in roll call or threads of more than 1 page. Desperate.

Since you are so close to PC, you could go down/up to port and offer to fix Her Majesty. Bella could go with you and help.

Are you having this problem on other threads or just this one? I'm not reading about others having this problem, either here or in other threads I'm reading. Perhaps try logging out of CC and starting over.

Thanks John... this article says nothing about end of service life (a date).... this is a good example how FAKE NEWS on Social Media is adopted and then passed on and on...

Here is the quote... (now this may be FAKE as well)

In a statement issued Tuesday morning, Royal Caribbean said: "Yesterday, the U.S. Coast Guard conducted a routine inspection of Majesty of the Seas. They came across some technical issues, including some outdoor life jackets that were showing their age." (not expired)

Use your own mind, do your own research.... who is to believe on Social Media anymore...

Edited by troykahack
Because I wanted too

2:45. CG still onboard going over thing with a fine tooth comb. Currently running a fire drill. No update from the bridge.

Me? I am 3/4 through both a good book and a 1/2 gallon of Captain Morgan spiced rum I "forgot" was in my luggage from my Disney trip earlier in the week. At this point, I am ok sitting at the pier with increasing discounts until Friday. :-)

Lots of snow on the ground at home and I think I like Cocoa Beach better than Nassau anyway.

2:45. CG still onboard going over thing with a fine tooth comb. Currently running a fire drill. No update from the bridge.

Me? I am 3/4 through both a good book and a 1/2 gallon of Captain Morgan spiced rum I "forgot" was in my luggage from my Disney trip earlier in the week. At this point, I am ok sitting at the pier with increasing discounts until Friday. :-)

Lots of snow on the ground at home and I think I like Cocoa Beach better than Nassau anyway.

Great attitude..... enjoy your cruise...