Flash sale, VD balcony, Oosterdam, April 7, 2017. Reposition Panama canal to Vancouve

shanni-shanni

If you worked through a TA maybe their can get hold of a supervisor and get you some shipboard credit.

It was precisely my TA who told me that I am out of luck.

They will allow me to upgrade with the regular additional price.

Other than locking down a particular cabin, flight and hotel, sometimes it doesn't pay to book prior to final payment dates,

Tom

Has been on for a few days.

Don't know if the board allows me to actually post the price.

This happened a couple of weeks after final payment for me and HAL isn't going to do anything.:confused:

Tom

This happened to me a few years back on my Alaska cruise. Bottom line HAL wants to sail with a full ship. For me there was a significant drop in price for a Neptune Suite well below the price of my Veranda on a flash sale after final payment. I had my TA make an inquirery and was able to pay for an upgrade at a price I could live with. Went to the Captains reception for Suites in the Neptune and after he left the topic of conversation was Neptune pricing. I found that many like me made some type of complaint and received my same upsell offer or OBC. But HAL made it clear they owed me nothing after final payment.

bob

It was precisely my TA who told me that I am out of luck.

They will allow me to upgrade with the regular additional price.

Other than locking down a particular cabin, flight and hotel, sometimes it doesn't pay to book prior to final payment dates,

Tom

Or soon after final payment date, either. Pricing is absolutely up and down and all around for some cruises, especially starting about 4 -5 months out.

What you are experiencing appears to be the new normal. HAL used to be better about handing out a bit of OBC in such cases as yours.

Waiting to book until after the final payment date can work, but it's not always guaranteed. Sometimes the price goes up. I always look at the prices of several different cruises for the dates we want to go and track them in a spreadsheet. Back when DH was teaching at a community college, we were limited to going during his school breaks. We did not go some years because prices just kept going up and up instead of getting better. But we were able to go many times during what should have been the most popular weeks because the price of a particular cruise did go down--this included Christmas and New Year's cruises, spring break cruises, and mid-summer cruises to Alaska.