Don't want to ruffle any feathers in the Yacht Club dining room...

Shippy

Been there before. Love the seating & ambiance.....but....their menu is a bit limited and we are of a bit simpler taste. If there is something being offered for dinner in the MAIN DINING ROOM, is it possible to ask your waiter for that item that night ?

I know you can do 24hr in advance requests but that is not what I am asking.

Thanks

Interesting. I board on the 25th. I'm an extremely picky eater. I'm really afraid I won't like much on the menu, as well.

If we can't request anything off menu, can we at least ask for changes or omissions from a plate? Hold the onions, sauce on the side, etc??

I'm also worried about having practically nothing I'd eat at the YC buffet.

Im open to trying new things, and I think a cruise is a great place to do that, but I don't want to starve, either! Lol!

I'll have to search for Le Muse menus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Main Dining room food I'm not sure about, but the YC menu you'll be fine, just ask and talk to the Maître D. They will help you out as best they can. A teenager on a table next to us only wanted steak and fries, nothing else..... no worries, he got just that.

My wife doesn't like some sauces and mushrooms, easy for the kitchen staff to remove these things. Some dishes well no you cant but most things they will be able to accommodate your needs.

Have fun in YC

Interesting. I board on the 25th. I'm an extremely picky eater. I'm really afraid I won't like much on the menu, as well.

If we can't request anything off menu, can we at least ask for changes or omissions from a plate? Hold the onions, sauce on the side, etc??

I'm also worried about having practically nothing I'd eat at the YC buffet.

Im open to trying new things, and I think a cruise is a great place to do that, but I don't want to starve, either! Lol!

I'll have to search for Le Muse menus.

I am also a very picky eater. We have been in the YC three times and I never had a problem finding something on the menu to have for dinner. I mostly had the things that were available every day, such as Caesar salad, chicken, steak and pasta. Be aware of one thing in Le Muse. The onion soup is terrible --- not like the French onion soup you may be used to.

As far as the YC lunch buffet near the pool, there wasn't too much I liked. However, you can ask one of the butlers to bring you burgers, hot dogs, fries and pizza. I usually one of those along with salad.

Hey

Wanted to add my recent experience in the YC Restaurant on MSC Fantasia.

I am a very picky eater but I didn't think I would have any issues with MSC as they have Chicken & Pasta on the Always Available section of the YC Menu.

However I asked for this on the first night with the potatoes that were served with one of the main courses and I was told it was not possible. I ended up with a chicken breast on its own on a plate.

I explained again to the Maître D and he said he would "arrange" for potatoes to be available every night for me going forward even though they were already on the menu with the main courses.

Made me feel like I was causing them a lot of problems and we ended up eating in the buffet after the 3rd night of them telling me despite agreeing to have potatoes I couldn't have them on the same plate as my chicken.

Not what I paid for in YC and a terrible dining experience overall on the Fantasia.

As for the Main Dining Room we checked the menu there every night and compared with the YC menu and a lot of the time its the same food but some how made to sound more extravagant in YC.

The Buffet in YC is limited choice but as someone mentioned the butlers are more than happy to fetch you something else!

I have been given a free upgrade to YC, can anyone advise me if that means we must now eat every meal in the YC dining areas? I don't seem to be able to find the answers I want to questions re the upgrade.

MSC will not speak to me regarding this as I did not book direct with them. The Agent I booked with just says I should be delighted with the upgrade. But as I am not sure what it entails totally finding it difficult to be so enthusiastic.

I have been given a free upgrade to YC, can anyone advise me if that means we must now eat every meal in the YC dining areas? I don't seem to be able to find the answers I want to questions re the upgrade.

MSC will not speak to me regarding this as I did not book direct with them. The Agent I booked with just says I should be delighted with the upgrade. But as I am not sure what it entails totally finding it difficult to be so enthusiastic.

There's a poster on the Splendida's Oct review thread who's stated that a friend was upgraded to YC. I've asked them to start a thread on the subject as any info will be lost in threads with different subject titles.

On the Davina , in Le Muse we were able to order items from the MDR menu...not a problem.

I hope so. I have always been to nervous about upsetting them to try.

It is not necessarily about the main course. I rarely have seen an appetizer I like.

I have noticed simpler fare in the main dining room like Spring Rolls, Fried Calamari, Coconut Shrimp, Seared Scallops.

LeMuse.....Carpaccio of Octopus, Rabbit Terrine with Prunes, Supreme of Guinea Fowl, Pigeon Breast on Candied Fruit.

Although I know food is subjected and I am sure all very good...I have sometimes been disappointed because I went ahead earlier in the day & looked at the main dining menu for dinner that night. Hoping to maybe see some of the same things on the LeMuse menu. Nope. And their menu is sooooo limited on everything but the main course.

Sometime even the main course is a bit too exotic & who wants steak or chicken every night. My husband does not do seafood so he is even more limited.

We do LOVE the Yacht Club and definitely do not starve.....just checking....I will go ahead & order some fried calamari on our next cruise :O)

My experience in the the two Yacht Club restaurants (Divina and Preziosa) we've been in has been 100 percent positive. When asked for something different from the menu, the maitres in each went back in the kitchen to arrange it. In both cases the chef himself came to our table to see how he could make our dining experience more enjoyable. Now we will be on the Fantasia for the next three cruises and I'm confident the maitre and chef will accomodate us just fine.

Oh man..... [emoji22] I don't eat ANY seafood. That's rare for a New Englander... I'm even more scared. Lol.

Hey there, AEckhardt...I do not eat seafood either...unfortunately, it is in ABUNDANCE in Le Muse and the pool buffet. Seafood lovers do rejoice!! However, as previous posters have said, there's still plenty of landlubber food available. And yes, you absolutely can order off the MDR menu every night while dining in Le Muse. I usually mixed it up...an offering or two from the Le Muse menu and and offering or two from the MDR menu. And yes, the french onion soup is terrible!!! LOL

I was a little worried about this, too, partly because of my kids, who are picky eaters, and partly because of me, because I can't eat fish or seafood. But then I found a copy of the Always Available menu and was pleasantly surprised. They have filet mignon, grilled chicken breast and salmon every night. You can get fries with it. You can have plain pasta with a sauce of your choice, or a mixed salad. They even have lamb and wiener schnitzel every night. There will definitely be stuff for us to eat!

http://crew-center.com/sites/default/files/crew-board/files/mscyachtclubalwaysavailablemenu0.pdf

I also found this video very helpful. You can see this guy having dinner and his kids have the plain pasta, plain steak and fries and plain chicken breast and fries.

I was a little worried about this, too, partly because of my kids, who are picky eaters, and partly because of me, because I can't eat fish or seafood. But then I found a copy of the Always Available menu and was pleasantly surprised. They have filet mignon, grilled chicken breast and salmon every night. You can get fries with it. You can have plain pasta with a sauce of your choice, or a mixed salad. They even have lamb and wiener schnitzel every night. There will definitely be stuff for us to eat!

http://crew-center.com/sites/default/files/crew-board/files/mscyachtclubalwaysavailablemenu0.pdf

I also found this video very helpful. You can see this guy having dinner and his kids have the plain pasta, plain steak and fries and plain chicken breast and fries.

wow...you just made me think of something....does anyone know if there is a kid's menu in LeMuse ???

Considering the price i paid for my upcoming YC trip, well, I do expect the food to be more upscale then the one served in the mdr. It really is impossible to please everyone :D

Happy cruising!]

Oh we payed quite the pretty penny for our cruise, as well. I certainly don't want to be living on burgers, fries, and pizza all week! (although I will try them, I'm sure!) I love good steaks, chicken, and pasta. I'm sure if they are willing to cater to some requests, I'll be just fine. As far as the large amounts of seafood offerings, my BF will be in heaven!

Oh we payed quite the pretty penny for our cruise, as well. I certainly don't want to be living on burgers, fries, and pizza all week! (although I will try them, I'm sure!) I love good steaks, chicken, and pasta. I'm sure if they are willing to cater to some requests, I'll be just fine. As far as the large amounts of seafood offerings, my BF will be in heaven!

Please let us know how you make out (food-wise) on your cruise. We're on Divina in March.

Shippy, when are you sailing? I'll be off the ship on 4th of march. Home by the 7th.

I'll try to report back so both you and NYHartChapp have a better idea of how things go when you are looking for something a bit different or from an alternate venue.

Shippy, when are you sailing? I'll be off the ship on 4th of march. Home by the 7th.

I'll try to report back so both you and NYHartChapp have a better idea of how things go when you are looking for something a bit different or from an alternate venue.

PERFECT ! We are sailing on the 25th ! So here is your assignment if you choose to accept it :O)

ok.....so the question to the head waiter in LeMuse...can you order something off the main dining room menu when you sit down for dinner in LeMuse ...not in advance.

Thank you so much for your bravery......

PERFECT ! We are sailing on the 25th ! So here is your assignment if you choose to accept it :O)

ok.....so the question to the head waiter in LeMuse...can you order something off the main dining room menu when you sit down for dinner in LeMuse ...not in advance.

Thank you so much for your bravery......

Yes, Shippy, you can! I did it every night...

wow...you just made me think of something....does anyone know if there is a kid's menu in LeMuse ???

Yes, there is an extensive kid's menu every night...at least 6-7 offerings...burgers, chicken, steak, hot dogs, french fries, salads, fruit, desserts, etc. It's wonderful...my 3 year old never had any trouble finding something he liked.

It's obvious from the limited responses on this thread that service and food in LeMuse is hit or miss. Some have great service and rave about the food - others are made to feel guilty for asking for some potatoes :(.

Overall, I found the food and service on MSC (including yc) to be below "average". I didn't starve, but I found the quality lacking. When reading reviews of the ship (not just active posters) it seems vast majority find food a weakness in the MSC product. I recommend reading reviews and going with a bit lower expectations. It's always better to be pleasantly surprised.:)

Thanks in advance, "A".