Did I do the right thing?? From AQ to FV for the Panama

SadieC

Now you all have me second guessing my choice to trade my 2A in when the price on our China trip took a big drop. I could have gone to FV or a C2. A2 was also an option but we are traveling with others who did not have the Aqua option so we could not all dine together. Anyway, the weather will likely be on the cool side so I opted for C3.....glad the OP is happy with her choice,

We had a FV on our HK to Singapore cruise last Christmas and that balcony was fabulous on Chrstmas morning - 7 of us took breakfast and opened small gifts at the big table - priceless memories :).

If you are going west to east be sure to be on your aft balcony after going through the last Lock....................Really amazing, I won't tell you what you are going to see but it is utterly unreal. Don't miss it!

Jimbo:)

While I disagree that Aqua is overrated and Blu is not that good, you made the right decision. Outside of a really nice suite this is the best cabin on the ship!

You can always sail Aqua another time.

Have a blast!

I agree with you on Blu. Also on the S class ships the Persian Garden is a great spot for relaxing. On the M class ships not so much.

Our last 4 cruises have been in AQ and we love the smaller atmosphere in Blu vs the main dining room. It's a personal preference.

Agree she made a great choice to change to FV.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did this itinerary on Infinity a few years ago in Aqua on deck 11. The balcony was always covered in soot and the jets on the shower were unusable if the ship was moving as the doors moved and water flooded the floor. We didn't like Blu on here either. It has been shoehorned into the space and feels cramped , totally different to Blu on S class. We decided to only use Aqua on S class going forward so yes you made the right decision !

Please just be aware that neither of these cabins are classified as suites.

That being said, you absolutely made the right decision. Your cabin will be at least twice the size of the AQ cabin. The balconies of the AQ cabins on M class ships are teensy. Yours is palatial, provides you with sun and shade (which you will appreciate during the Panama Canal transit), and more deck furniture and WAY better views. I snagged a corner FV for a Norwegian fjords cruise and it was THE place to be. Enjoy! The Panama Canal transit is a fabulous experience. Be sure to read David McCullough's book A Path Between the Seas prior to your trip. You will appreciate all you see much more.