Royal has cancelled all port stops in Ephesus (Turkey) for the rest of the 2017 seaso

mattso_22

Our sailing on 3rd June is also affected. We have not had confirmation yet from RCCL. Will any compensation be offered such as obc. Celebrity offered an increase last time it happened to us. Santorini and Ephesus have been replaced by Kotor and Mykonos both of which we have visited before.

I agree it is a shame. Ephesus was awe inspriring and the most memorable stop on our November Vision cruise. It is particularly sad for the hardworking people of that area who depend on tourism. Our wonderful guide with Ephesus Shuttle shared with us his worries about the economic impact on the area.

Our sailing on 3rd June is also affected. We have not had confirmation yet from RCCL. Will any compensation be offered such as obc. Celebrity offered an increase last time it happened to us. Santorini and Ephesus have been replaced by Kotor and Mykonos both of which we have visited before.

I doubt there will be compensation.

I agree it is a shame. Ephesus was awe inspriring and the most memorable stop on our November Vision cruise. It is particularly sad for the hardworking people of that area who depend on tourism. Our wonderful guide with Ephesus Shuttle shared with us his worries about the economic impact on the area.

Yes and I just had to cancel my reservation with ephesus shuttle and it is certainly hurting his business.

This is such a shame as my hubby and I were in Icmeler next to Marmaris Turkey when the attempted coup took place last summer and to be honest apart from the security checks along the road when we went to the airport we saw no difference than normal, we have been there many times and we always feel safe

We are off to Israel in a couple of weeks on a cruise with RC and that is a country that has daily problems

so i dont really see why they have pulled Turkey and replaced with Greece which has serious financial and social problems at the moment

Yes and I just had to cancel my reservation with ephesus shuttle and it is certainly hurting his business.

This is such a shame! We stopped in Kusadasi last summer, two weeks after the coup attempt. It was my favorite stop of the whole itinerary. We used Ephesus shuttle and could not have been happier with the service!

It is a shame. I've been to Turkey several times. It's a shame that most people don't understand the sheer size of Turkey and that Kusadasi is not near areas where attacks have occurred.

My guess is that this was done because potential customers were expressing concerns.

Rhodes will be an interesting stop, but I have my doubts that it can compare to the size and scope of Ephesus.

Turkish food is amazing too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rhodes is a beautiful port of call, but missing Kusadasi it's a bummer. I know there is a clear and present danger in Turkey, and I support those changes, but I also feel frustrated because that's what terrorists want.

It is a shame. I've been to Turkey several times. It's a shame that most people don't understand the sheer size of Turkey and that Kusadasi is not near areas where attacks have occurred.

Right. Part of it is Europe and the other is Asia. Though smaller than the US, it is bordered by 8 countries, 3 of which are Iran, Iraq and Syria. IMO, it may have been one of RCI's decision factor.

My guess is that this was done because potential customers were expressing concerns.

Rhodes will be an interesting stop, but I have my doubts that it can compare to the size and scope of Ephesus.

Turkish food is amazing too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Kusadasi has its past. It happened before, it can happen again: http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/18/turkey.blast/index.html

We did a wonderful tour with Ephesus Shuttle in October 2016 from Kusadasi. Never felt uncomfortable or concerned while there. It is such a shame as the shopkeepers were all hurting from the lack of tourists. They were grateful for any purchases. Nowhere near as aggressive to tourists as they were in 2008. More appreciative when tourists shopped. Our guide said that they already knew there would be over 300 fewer cruises stopping in Kusadasi during 2017 and that was before the Royal Caribbean announcement. So sad.

Glad we picked the trip we did for the summer then - we were keen on a route particularly because it included Kusadasi and while we loved Kotor when we visited it, wouldn't have been as happy to go to Rhodes or back to Kotor. Ephesus was the major attraction on the itinerary. I'd still be happy to go to Turkey, given the current security situation - don't consider it to be much riskier than many other places.