Bring Beer on board at a cost like Wine?

cruisingxpert

Some people have been allowed to bring a six-pack on here or there - especially local craft beers - but it is against the rules.

I also checked the site for purchasing before leaving and having delivered to room. Had alcohol and wine but no beer.
It used to be there. (I don't have a booking right now and can't check.) Look again.

Was afraid that might be the answer. I also checked the site for purchasing before leaving and having delivered to room. Had alcohol and wine but no beer.

I have done this before - you might want to call Ship Services (see website for phone number) as they should be able to set this up for you.

If any of you are 4 or 5 Star Mariners you can just buy the beer from your minibar at a 50% discount (decent price IMO).

I have done this before - you might want to call Ship Services (see website for phone number) as they should be able to set this up for you.

If any of you are 4 or 5 Star Mariners you can just buy the beer from your minibar at a 50% discount (decent price IMO).

I did find it. I have about 60 days to go to reach 4 star. Do I get a 25% discount on the mini bar in the fridge?

What my DBIL did, if I remember, was to buy beer by the bucket (5 or 6 bottles) during happy hour and was able to buy the second bucket at a reduced price, and so stocked up in their room. You might check into that.:)

Did that last year - no problem (I even took a bag to the bar for them to put them in!). But ... there is always just a minor "but" ... there was no happy hour on embarkation day, only on the others (think it was 5pm to 6pm). They didn't include the buckets in the happy hour offer, but it seriously reduced the price of the bottles.

What my DBIL did, if I remember, was to buy beer by the bucket (5 or 6 bottles) during happy hour and was able to buy the second bucket at a reduced price, and so stocked up in their room. You might check into that.:)

What a great idea. I've never thought of that.

Was that the Koningsdam by any chance? They tried to do the same thing to us.
No, Oosterdam. The charges appeared on day 3. I went to the Front Desk and had them removed. Our final bill was correct on debarkation day, but then the amount charged to our credit card had them added back in again. :mad:

No, Oosterdam. The charges appeared on day 3. I went to the Front Desk and had them removed. Our final bill was correct on debarkation day, but then the amount charged to our credit card had them added back in again. :mad:

Wow. We had a lot of billing problems on the K, from the mini bar people and the Pinnacle.