PG May 2018, newbie with questions, help!

KathiB

It always pays to look at the "averages" with reviews as David suggested. One area I find to be subjective is food so I look for what most report on that matter.

If one does not get satisfaction from a crew member, one can call or visit with the Hotel Director who will most likely set the matter right.

I understand also that some may come with "unreasonable" or too high expectations that can not be met.

We will be on our 9th PG cruise and it is the crew and their service that brings us back time and time again!

I'm glad to hear they are working on the food situation....

"Are working on...?" I believe you were on the ship a few years ago, right? Yes, they had a "down" time when Grand Circle was fighting for control with Regent over management--that time has past. This was in the 2003-2005 period. Since then the dining has gone back to its wonderful original level (of 2000). In 2014, the food in L'Etoile was wonderful, and all the buffets were very, very good. No complaints at all.

Our anniversary is May 21st too! We did the PG for our 20th and 25th! Would have to wait for 2020 for our 35th, but we're going next year, although not in May. We've had good luck with May on the PG.

To the OP, I must correct myself! We did, in fact celebrate #35, although not in May, on the Nile with Uniworld. 2020 would be #40, lol! This fall we're celebrating on the PG again, but not on our actual wedding anniversary, #37.

Wendy I believe that Ducklite was on the PG in 2014 with Chef Daniel. The new chef IMO is much better. The chef went all out for the reunion but when I had gone the year before was not great. Anyway hope our reunion this year is good. I prefer the current chef's food and he is updating menus and made some very good changes. The local scallop entree in Le Grill is excellent.

Wendy I believe that Ducklite was on the PG in 2014 with Chef Daniel. The new chef IMO is much better. The chef went all out for the reunion but when I had gone the year before was not great. Anyway hope our reunion this year is good. I prefer the current chef's food and he is updating menus and made some very good changes. The local scallop entree in Le Grill is excellent.

Oh, okay, fair enough. Yes the food on our reunion trip was exceptional. But it was also very good in 2008 when we did the Marquesas, although not *as* good. Let's cross our fingers then!

I just sailed the PG for the first time in January. I had sailed 22 other cruises, mainly in the Caribbean and Mexico. As a person who works in the travel industry, I can tell you that this ship has an absolutely amazing staff. We went in with zero expectations, as we booked last minute, and didn't do much research... and, we have already booked to return next year! Yes, it's an older, smaller ship, with less to offer than those other ships. But, you can't beat the service and the price for all that is included. We can't wait to return. Oh, and we are late 30's, some of the younger crowd on-board, and we made a ton of new friends!!

I just sailed the PG for the first time in January. I had sailed 22 other cruises, mainly in the Caribbean and Mexico. As a person who works in the travel industry, I can tell you that this ship has an absolutely amazing staff. We went in with zero expectations, as we booked last minute, and didn't do much research... and, we have already booked to return next year! Yes, it's an older, smaller ship, with less to offer than those other ships. But, you can't beat the service and the price for all that is included. We can't wait to return. Oh, and we are late 30's, some of the younger crowd on-board, and we made a ton of new friends!!

Welcome to the group that has the Tahitian Flu ........... no cure, only a way to deal with symptoms temporarily .... a return trip to paradise. For us we must go every year or the 'Flu' becomes unbearable :)