Coffee with the drinks package

fatbunny

Yes but not the fancy ones on the classic drinks. Also complimentary cakes!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What drinks can you NOT get in Al Bachio with the classic drinks package? I was under the impression it covered all of them including those including alcohol.

Can you get cappachinos and lattes please.

Yes.

The Celebrity forum is in desperate need of a sticky detailing the three available beverage packages and other info relating to drinks on board. This could then be edited by a suitable individual when required as it would help so many people on here.

Please excuse my stupid question (I have not sailed with Celebrity before, and I have not sailed for a few years). Where will I be able to get plain black coffee (I'll be on the Equinox)? Will I need a special drink package for plain black coffee? I remember having to purchase a coffee card on another cruise line, maybe a similar set-up applies here? And will I be able to get hot water for tea somewhere?

Please excuse my stupid question (I have not sailed with Celebrity before, and I have not sailed for a few years). Where will I be able to get plain black coffee (I'll be on the Equinox)? Will I need a special drink package for plain black coffee? I remember having to purchase a coffee card on another cruise line, maybe a similar set-up applies here? And will I be able to get hot water for tea somewhere?

No questions are stupid :)

Regular Coffee, decaf, and hot water are available 24/7 in the Ocienview Cafe without any drink package required.

There is free drip coffee available in the buffet and in the Hideaway Lounge. The coffee bar itself does not serve drip coffee. A cafe Americano is the closest drink they can make.

There is free drip coffee available in the buffet and in the Hideaway Lounge. The coffee bar itself does not serve drip coffee. A cafe Americano is the closest drink they can make.

I don't believe the Americano at Al Bacio is free though without a beverage package (I could be wrong though).....

To the OP's original question though, you won't have a problem getting regular coffee at any time, and you don't have to purchase any package to do so.

Come to think of it, you can also order regular coffee with room service.

Thanks. I will try the coffee in the buffet and check out Al Bacio on Day 1. DH sleeps later in the morning than I do, so I need somewhere I can run off to on my own, to get an early coffee - room service at that hour would disturb him. I'm crossing my fingers the coffee in the buffet will suffice, cause I hear the pastries/cakes in Al Bacio are extremely tempting :)

Thanks. I will try the coffee in the buffet and check out Al Bacio on Day 1. DH sleeps later in the morning than I do, so I need somewhere I can run off to on my own, to get an early coffee - room service at that hour would disturb him. I'm crossing my fingers the coffee in the buffet will suffice, cause I hear the pastries/cakes in Al Bacio are extremely tempting :)

The pastries at Al bacio are incredible. Try the cheese danishes if they have them! All pastries are free there.

So you can stroll up to Ocienview, grab a coffee, then hit Al bacio for a pastry. The seating area is quite nice there to enjoy your coffee/pastry.

BTW, Ocienview often has take-away paper cups with lids so it's easy to walk around the ship if you don't want to walk with a normal mug.

IMO, the Ocienview coffee is actually very good.

Your most difficult decision will be "how many pastries" ;)

Where will I be able to get plain black coffee? Will I need a special drink package for plain black coffee? I remember having to purchase a coffee card on another cruise line, maybe a similar set-up applies here? And will I be able to get hot water for tea somewhere?

Complimentary coffee and tea--not the specialty, barista stuff--is also available in The AquaSpa Café [or whatever they are calling it now; I've recently read that it has been renamed or is in the process of being renamed] in the Solarium on all Millennium-Class and Solstice-Class ships...

The café is typically open from 7:00 until 10:00 AM for breakfast and again from Noon until 2:00 PM for lunch... I do not recall if coffee/tea are available during the two hour shut-down period...

Depending upon where my stateroom is located, I often pop in--rather than go to Oceanview--for my first morning coffee...

Shadow9612, thanks for mentioning that. I think I'll pack my insulated mug, and then I'll be ready to enjoy my coffee in a variety of locations around the ship.

And Xport, thanks for the heads up about the Spa Cafe. It sounds like a really nice option. I've just written myself a note to check it out on Day 1 :)

It sounds like I might be just fine without a beverage package.

Just 87 more hours to go. . . . and I'll be on the ship. Thanks for all your help !

Shadow9612, thanks for mentioning that. I think I'll pack my insulated mug, and then I'll be ready to enjoy my coffee in a variety of locations around the ship.

And Xport, thanks for the heads up about the Spa Cafe. It sounds like a really nice option. I've just written myself a note to check it out on Day 1 :)

It sounds like I might be just fine without a beverage package.

Just 87 more hours to go. . . . and I'll be on the ship. Thanks for all your help !

Have a wonderful time!! And let me know what you think of the coffee :)

• 2 weeks later...
Have a wonderful time!! And let me know what you think of the coffee :)

Thanks - I loved the Lavazza coffee that was offered in both the Oceanview Cafe and the AquaSpa Cafe. There was a charge for the Americano in Bacio, but I was more than fine without it. And yes, those desserts and pastries and cookies at Bacio were excellent (it's one of the first places I headed when I first boarded the ship :)

Thanks - I loved the Lavazza coffee that was offered in both the Oceanview Cafe and the AquaSpa Cafe. There was a charge for the Americano in Bacio, but I was more than fine without it. And yes, those desserts and pastries and cookies at Bacio were excellent (it's one of the first places I headed when I first boarded the ship :)

Welcome back (to reality[emoji22] ) ! I'm so glad you enjoyed the coffee.

The past cruise I was on was the first time I tried the cheese danishes at Al Bacio and loved them. So it'll be my first stop next time!

Actually the "fancy ones" are include in the Classic Beverage Package. If you order an affogato you even get a free dip of vanilla gelato with your drink!

OH my! I just googled affogato. Yum! Is listed on the menu?

OH my! I just googled affogato. Yum! Is listed on the menu?

It's not what you think. It is literally a scoop of gelato with a shot of espresso on it. I thought I was going to get some sort of drink but it only comes in a small bowl. The gelato melts very quick which makes it a soupy sweet ice cream.

I found the coffee in Bacio very weak. I would have to order a double shot every time. They were also premaking a lot of the ocffee in the morning due to demand. This made for cold coffee sometimes.