afternoon tea on serenade of the seas

fatjay

Just off Serenade yesterday. Indeed, as Bob mentioned...no tea time event. Though sweets and snacks are found all over the ship, and tea bags with hot water next to coffee machine not a problem either.

One nice place is the outside area behind the Windjammer, which had the tea and coffee on the side out there. You can grab a snack in the WJ, then head out to sit and

enjoy the view with your tea! :)

WOW, things must have changed because when did our b2b2b on SR from December 23 until January 23, there was tea time every afternoon at 3 or 3:30 with sweets, scones, waffles, toppings.

Never saw that on the cruise compass, though I perhaps missed it? Might just be these old retired eyes if it was. ;)

Guess I really just pay attention to afternoon happy hour anyway. :p

30 yrs ago Royal had real tea time. Bell would ring & they would announce the time, finger sandwiches and such... Back then everyone dressed up for dinner in Tuxes and long gowns just like on the Love Boat...

Yup, and everyone dressed to the nines to fly on a commercial airline, wore nice

clothes for all meals in the dining room, used a pay phone in a booth, :o No cell

phones, no beepers, no I Pads, no laptops....

Ahh...the good old simple days past....sigh....;)

And no one cut in front of others, or shoved their way around the WJ either. :halo:

WOW, things must have changed because when did our b2b2b on SR from December 23 until January 23, there was tea time every afternoon at 3 or 3:30 with sweets, scones, waffles, toppings.

Just off the Adventure on a B2B. Teatime was in the Compass everyday at 3:30 in the Windjammer with scones, strawberry topping and chocolate syrup. I didn't really track on what else they had, because I just took advantage of the opportunity to have chocolate syrup to add to soft serve for a sundae :)

Just off the Adventure on a B2B. Teatime was in the Compass everyday at 3:30 in the Windjammer with scones, strawberry topping and chocolate syrup.

In that case I won't be bothered :

- no finger sandwiches

- have to go get it at the trough

(The last time I had afternoon tea on a ship was on Princess. Our own table, served by waiters with white gloves. But tea was weak and sandwiches were dried out.:()

Just off Serenade yesterday. Indeed, as Bob mentioned...no tea time event. Though sweets and snacks are found all over the ship, and tea bags with hot water next to coffee machine not a problem either.

One nice place is the outside area behind the Windjammer, which had the tea and coffee on the side out there. You can grab a snack in the WJ, then head out to sit and

enjoy the view with your tea! :)

Island Lady, we will be on the SOS April 7. Any chance you could post some pictures?

Leo