I Wish Someone Had Told Me On My First Carnival Cruise.....

dpeeps87

We've cruised Princess, HAL, Carnival, and Royal, and haven't noticed a difference. But we're not really social people to begin with, so that probably makes a huge difference and means you should take my comment with a grain of salt.
Except, other than when we're with our church peeps, we're not really social people either.

Thanks for all the info!

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Download the Carnival Hub before you get on the ship. It's a great resource! It even has an IM on it!

Bring towel clips (you can find them at Wal-Mart). So when your out at the pool they keep your towels in place and others won't mistaken your chair for theirs! (And no I do not reserve my chair at AM)

Pack a highlighter for anything you want to remember in all the paperwork they put in your rooms.

Magnetic hooks are great! Get the ones found in a hardware store so they are strong holding. Also get the magnet clips to hold things like the fun times! Or excursion tickets that you do not want to lose

Hairdryers in rooms are not strong, so if you have thicker hair, bring your own. (I bought a strong travel one on Amazon they weighs 1.2 lbs)

Don't miss the chocolate extravaganza the last sea day... It's about 1pm. (I missed this my first 2 cruises)

Bring an old gift card if you need it to keep the lights on in your cabin like the Vista has.

If you have needs for outlets, being a power strip (new) and one without the surge protector on there.

If you like a late night snack and don't want pizza or to stand in a long line for food... Right around dinner, go to the deli, get a wrap sandwich, wrap it in a cloth napkins and put in your fridge. It does not get soggy.

On your debarkation morning, you can still eat breakfast in the MDR and relax.

Bring your own Yeti cup (or whatever your preference is) for mixed drinks by the pool. They will fill them up fg or you and your drinks will stay cold!

Mist of all enjoy!! As someone else mentioned... You can't do everything, so don't worry and sit back and enjoy! Carpe Di Em!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All great tips, we are thinking about booking a carnival cruise for something different. So far we have cruised exclusively with NCL for the last 7 cruises. It's kind of fun to research something new!

Anyways, on NCL there is no hair conditioner only shower gel and shampoo provided, is this the same on Carnival?

All great tips, we are thinking about booking a carnival cruise for something different. So far we have cruised exclusively with NCL for the last 7 cruises. It's kind of fun to research something new!

Anyways, on NCL there is no hair conditioner only shower gel and shampoo provided, is this the same on Carnival?

I haven't cruised Carnival for years, and at that time there was no shampoo, conditioner, or body wash dispensers in shower, but I think I remember small bottles on vanity, like in a hotel. I, too, will be interested to hear from anyone who has cruised Carnival recently on this, because I am looking at the Carnival Breeze out of Port Canaveral for 2019. (I have a NCL cruise planned for 2018)

I haven't cruised Carnival for years, and at that time there was no shampoo, conditioner, or body wash dispensers in shower, but I think I remember small bottles on vanity, like in a hotel. I, too, will be interested to hear from anyone who has cruised Carnival recently on this, because I am looking at the Carnival Breeze out of Port Canaveral for 2019. (I have a NCL cruise planned for 2018)

They've always had the shampoo and body wash. No longer small samples.

If you book a spa room you can get the upgraded toiletries

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone,

This is a great informative thread! Sorry if I missed this, but am curious about why plastic bottles of soda/pop are not allowed but cans of soda are ok? Going on Legend in Honolulu, if this makes any difference.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

This is a great informative thread! Sorry if I missed this, but am curious about why plastic bottles of soda/pop are not allowed but cans of soda are ok? Going on Legend in Honolulu, if this makes any difference.

Thanks!

They are not allowed because people used plastic bottles to sneak alcohol onboard.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

Don't miss the key lime pie first day on Lido.

Leave the outer door of the mini fridge ajar so it gets colder. I read someone said there is a guage inside the fridge you can turn to colder too.

Jot down things to put on the survey after the cruise good and bad.

First day tell wait staff you've had problems with food temps and you want hot food hot.

I wish I had known that I could ask for a small dish of peanut butter to go with my chocolate melting cake. Didn't find out until right before my 3rd Carnival cruise. Heaven!!! :D

So I'm about to go on #6....Thank you for this!

On my first cruise, a family friend who was amazingly well traveled, gave me a leather bound notebook that said simply "My Journey" on the cover. Made notes of all my adventures that cruise. Have used one ever since and always give them to friends and family for their first real "journeys", in life.

Dee

The only negative of having an inside stateroom is not having a window/daylight to determine time. So I turn my tv to the ship station and keep it on at night. It serves like a window so when you wake up, you can see if the sun is up and what the weather this like.

The only negative of having an inside stateroom is not having a window/daylight to determine time. So I turn my tv to the ship station and keep it on at night. It serves like a window so when you wake up, you can see if the sun is up and what the weather this like.

Love this!! Passing it on to my daughter. Thanks!

I think that's a positive. Total darkness to sleep in...after you put a towel on the floor in front of the door to block hallway light.

I went on the Conquest last June and tried to request the peanut butter to go with the melting cake. The waitress had not heard of that and after "checking" with the kitchen returned to say "sorry". I think a lot of these type suggestions depend on the ship and staff.

I wish someone would have explained all of the holds that can come up on your credit/debit cards. I was not prepared financially to cruise at all and my S&S got locked so I couldn't do anything. I had to log onto the internet (pay by the minute plan back then) and try to shuffle what little money I had around in my accounts and pray my paycheck got deposited sooner rather than later.

What kind of holds are you talking about/ I read in the Carnival information that they place $100 hold and if that begins to look as it is being closed to used up they will add another $100 hold. How long did it take when you returned to have the holds removed? We are also very budget cruising and no paycheck til day after we return, so any info would be helpful

Haven't read through the thread..but:

1. You can order as much food as you want during dinner. It always cracks me up when I'm at a table with cruisers who order 1 entree, and I order 2-3, and every dessert, and they're shocked you can do this.

2. You don't have to do Carnival excursions! You can find your own excursions, which will be cheaper and better!

You can pre-pay before you get on board. We also get Carnival gift cards 10% off from the AARP rewards for good site. It is available for all ages. (Neither of us are old enough for AARP). We use these to pay for our gratuities. I also try to estimate our S&S bill and buy a couple to cover that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can anyone give me any idea when these may be available again? Have you watched them rotate in and out? Right now, only RCI is available.

Also, thanks to so many contributors. I am not new to cruising (mostly NCL but a second on Liberty coming up). I found the posts very informative and some quite entertaining. It's nice to see humor in such a pleasant manner.:D