New Captains Club Benefits

Andy

They don't but their internet price will cost me a lot less than the price to get internet on Celebrity. That's the point. I won't have to pay more than $90 or thereabouts.

120 minutes

Item #6038 – $69.00

(This package includes 100 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 20 bonus minutes)

240 minutes

Item #6039 – $99.00

(This package includes 200 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 40 bonus minutes)

460 minutes

Item #6302 – $159.00

(This package includes 400 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 60 bonus minutes)

680 minutes

Item #6301 – $199.00

(This package includes 600 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 80 bonus minutes)

Like you, I do not need unlimited access. 20 minutes a day is sufficient on a 7 day cruise and that would cost $99 on Princess, but, since only unlimited is offered, it would cost $237 (pre-cruise price) on Celebrity.

Edited by caribill

And look at this screenshot from my Royal Caribbean cruise planner. $11.99 a day for Voom. That will be 83.93 for seven days and my Diamond discount is not applied. The Celebrity internet benefit is laughable.

46e27ef541b41cc1943666a7fafee9f9.jpg

It says "Starting from $11.99/day"

That tells me there are higher priced unlimited options. Is the $11.99 plan limited in some way?

On Carnival they have unlimited pricing in three flavors:

a) Social media

b) Social media+normal web site use

c) Social media+normal web site use + high speed downloads such as streaming movies

a costs less than b which costs less than c

It says "Starting from $11.99/day"

That tells me there are higher priced unlimited options. Is the $11.99 plan limited in some way?

The 11.99 plan Surf and Stream is the option that is not limited in any way. There is a lessor priced option called Surf for those who don't stream. The "starting from" means that you sign up for that for the duration of the cruise. You can't buy one day. You have to buy every day. The other packages are for more devices. $21.99 for two devices, $31.99 for three devices, and on up to five.

Thanks for the heads up Andy :) We are cruising in April and I called this morning about the extra discount for internet. The call centre didn't know anything about it...they told me the price I was seeing ($352 Canadian) would be the same as booking on-board so no discount for booking in advance. I called Captains club and confirmed the price for booking in advance was $317 so I went ahead and booked. We book the unlimited internet regardless of price so we can keep in touch with family while away, so are very happy about this extra perk :)

So, you are not select or elite or higher? I had 40% total from being elite = $201 for 16 nights; however, my friend is also on the same cruise this year and was last year; she only paid $150 for booking onboard. She is select with a 25% discount...I sure hope that we are not being played here....I was also told that the price will not go down onboard. Andy, can you help?:eek:

So, you are not select or elite or higher? I had 40% total from being elite = $201 for 16 nights; however, my friend is also on the same cruise this year and was last year; she only paid $150 for booking onboard. She is select with a 25% discount...I sure hope that we are not being played here....I was also told that the price will not go down onboard. Andy, can you help?:eek:

They constantly change the prices. But the trend is upward. From December 2015 to now, upward. And different online sale prices. In December 2015 it was good advice to wait until onboard. You could not get your Elite discount online, only onboard. Now they jack the price up onboard. But recently they changed it so you can get your Elite discount online pre cruise. So the advice now would be to book online because the Elite discount added onboard won't be as good as the online price with Elite discount. The negative is you won't be able to use OBC to pay if you book online.

I would theorize that they have been jacking up the internet price up to get passengers to book the Go Best package.

No we are classic. After this cruise we will be select :) So we get 10% off for Classic and 10% for booking in advance.

I agree with others that Celebrity's internet is expensive. However for me I look at big picture. We have always received at least 2 perks (ie drink package and tips) and feel Celebrity offers a great product. Add all that together and paying more for internet doesn't seem so bad. No one is forcing me to buy internet...or to cruise with Celebrity for that matter. Its my choice and as a result am prepared to take the good with the bad.

Just got off Eclipse today. The 20% discount no longer applies to a single photo - only a package - so we actually lost a benefit. Good to know about the application of the discount to the internet - we did not know that and paid $319 for internet!!!!! Oh well, next time......

I'm still waiting for the email I was promised last November about enhancements to the Zenith program. Fortunately I've been informed by other Zenith members that we now get unlimited internet and a lunch with other back to back guests upon re-embarkation together with concierge cruisers. Once one gets on the "do not inform" list, one is ostracized forever from updates to any program. It is always an eye opener to interpret how one is appreciated by certain people in the food chain.

Hi Arno! Have not seen you here in a while. Just how does one get on the "do not inform" list?

No we are classic. After this cruise we will be select :) So we get 10% off for Classic and 10% for booking in advance.

I agree with others that Celebrity's internet is expensive. However for me I look at big picture. We have always received at least 2 perks (ie drink package and tips) and feel Celebrity offers a great product. Add all that together and paying more for internet doesn't seem so bad. No one is forcing me to buy internet...or to cruise with Celebrity for that matter. Its my choice and as a result am prepared to take the good with the bad.

I certainly hear that loud and clear! It is nice to have perks, but to also know that you need to be happy with what you have...and I am!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the heads up Andy :) We are cruising in April and I called this morning about the extra discount for internet. The call centre didn't know anything about it...they told me the price I was seeing ($352 Canadian) would be the same as booking on-board so no discount for booking in advance. I called Captains club and confirmed the price for booking in advance was $317 so I went ahead and booked. We book the unlimited internet regardless of price so we can keep in touch with family while away, so are very happy about this extra