Really Cool Pics From Carnival Glory Dry Dock

Jamericannn

4d24189c972fe18a915a16dfa9ff4a8c.jpg

I'm getting a little too detailed now but I'm just so curious haha. I would think the windows would look more like the green box but the construction photos appear more like the red unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

4d24189c972fe18a915a16dfa9ff4a8c.jpg

I'm getting a little too detailed now but I'm just so curious haha. I would think the windows would look more like the green box but the construction photos appear more like the red unfortunately.

Now that I looks at them closer, the windows are actually round which are the ones below the red square (red square area is passenger cabins) meaning it's crew area. So looks like it's not RFP but rather an enhanced crew area which is what they said they would do. That's what I was thinking as in my earlier post.

The first picture in post 23 and the picture from post 42 look like different rooms to me,

But neither look like the club O2 room that Firemanbobswife posted in post 30

just my 2 cents

Are these 2 pictures both from Glory or just the first one? They look like the same room to me just the bottom one looks more finished to me. Look at the make shift pallet work bench in each. its the same. Windows just have different coverings on them which is easy with just some carpentry work

I couldn't get the previous photos to load so apologies if any of these are copies, but some really good shots here of the new waterworks area construction and also are they replacing the big screen on lido too??

gl1.jpg

images upload

Is this the same mystery inside room or a similar looking but different room?

gl6.jpg

instant photo upload

Are these 2 pictures both from Glory or just the first one? They look like the same room to me just the bottom one looks more finished to me. Look at the make shift pallet work bench in each. its the same. Windows just have different coverings on them which is easy with just some carpentry work

Yep. Both of those pictures are from the Glory. Comparing both of those pictures, it is definitely a crew area.

I agree they appear to be the same room at different points of completion. The pallet is set on permanently placed table bases that don't look like anything from the RFP. Looks like lots more of those same table bases lined up against the back wall.

When I first saw the pic, it reminded me of the crew bar I saw on Behind the Fun tour. Not sure, either, though!

Can you tell us whether the crew bar was on a lower deck? These large very squared-off windows are very clearly not on any lower deck. From any photos of the ship that I can see, the only windows that look like these are located on 5 forward, but the spacing doesn't look quite right. Is the crew bar located forward of the Theatre? If so, then I think that's what it is. If it's on one of the lower decks, than clearly it is something else. There are not windows this size on the bottom decks.

Interesting indeed!!

Can you tell us whether the crew bar was on a lower deck? These large very squared-off windows are very clearly not on any lower deck. From any photos of the ship that I can see, the only windows that look like these are located on 5 forward, but the spacing doesn't look quite right. Is the crew bar located forward of the Theatre? If so, then I think that's what it is. If it's on one of the lower decks, than clearly it is something else. There are not windows this size on the bottom decks.

Interesting indeed!!

All crew areas are below passenger decks. If you look closely and zoom in, you can see that the windows themselves are round. They have the illusion of being larger because of the framing.

gl1.jpg

So these are "fake"windows? Just made to look bigger and brighter? Or is that not sunshine I'm seeing and they are white window coverings? I think it is the crew bar because the little tables in the corner are also pictured in the gangway in another photo that is definitely a crew deck, so I'm not getting my hopes up for a RFP but the windows are definitely deceiving!

gl1.jpg

So these are "fake"windows? Just made to look bigger and brighter? Or is that not sunshine I'm seeing and they are white window coverings? I think it is the crew bar because the little tables in the corner are also pictured in the gangway in another photo that is definitely a crew deck, so I'm not getting my hopes up for a RFP but the windows are definitely deceiving!

Yes. If you look at the pic on a phone, you can zoom in and see they are little round windows.

0366922596c4ce7b2c898ab4a1d5fffc.jpg

It does beg the question, why WOULDNT they add the RFP since the conference room space isn't used on the Glory any more than it was on the valor. That said, I really think we are looking at a crew area. If you look at a deck map, there's no vantage point where that corner makes since in reference to the windows. It would be a "left turning L" not a "right turning L" if that makes since lol

I really think we are looking at a crew area. If you look at a deck map, there's no vantage point where that corner makes since in reference to the windows. It would be a "left turning L" not a "right turning L" if that makes since lol

I believe this as well. They said they are doing work in the crew area and the windows look nothing like the pics I found of RFP on her sister ships or the one I posted of the current club O2. I still say the round windows are actually round, not large windows made smaller, and it's on a crew deck.

If they are putting in a RFP, then these (or at least the one with the round windows that I previously made larger) pics are not of it.