Anthem of the Seas - Live Review 3/5/17-3/12/17

iFly - we prebooked our times for Day 6. Turned out hubby was too heavy and I did not feel like it so my son and my sister took part. It was really windy and cold as for the onlookers but those who flew had a great time.

17192029_10155938949037571_4402967465114013864_o_zpsuybvo0pw.jpg

17310250_10155938949032571_1874573880453220278_o_zpsxfnadwl7.jpg

17218350_10155938946882571_6629227864836412248_o_zpssqhkxgim.jpg

I took videos too - hopefully you can view them here on Facebook. They were too big to upload to photo bucket

https://www.facebook.com/disneydvc/posts/10158337748105587?pnref=story

Just a few comments.

We have MTD and prebooked ressies for 6PM every night. If I were sailing again on Anthem I do not think I would do MTD. We ended up in a different restaurant and at a different table every night. And when I say different restaurant, I mean we were ate in all 4 of the main dining rooms at different points throughout the week. Every time we met our new waiters they asked where we had been all week.

They are also way too pushy trying to sell the galley tour. Someone stopped by our table every night. It was annoying having to say no so many times.

The food was great. Service was good if not a little slow.

The drink packages worked out great for us. Hubby and I were on the deluxe package and got to enjoy lots of different drinks we never would have purchased otherwise. My sister was on the replenish and she brought on a few bottles of wine and purchased cocktails throughout the week when she wanted one. Ethan was on the soda package and enjoyed his drinks although I did slip him an orange juice or two - shhhh...]

Ethan did stop by the teen club to register on the first night. He was not feeling it so quickly came to find us and ended up being our fourth wheel for the week so it worked out well. Here are some picks of the club we took when we stopped to register him:

IMG_2248_zpsut2u0leg.jpg

IMG_2245_zpshumppgpz.jpg

We started a "Cruise Olympics" and created different events and a scoring system. The one with the lowest points had to buy Johnny Rockets for the others on the last day. My sister lost - worked out great for my house and the burgers were awesome.

I really enjoyed Clo the CD. Hubby found her really annoying.

I know the entertainment is a hot topic but I found the main shows really bad. I hate saying that because I am a big fan of live theatre and broadway style productions but Spectra, The Gift and We Will Rock You were TERRIBLE. The casts were great, the production values were good, but the stories and structure were just brutal. I cannot even put into words how bad they were. We are thinking of going on Anthem again next November and I can tell you if the same shows are there we will not be going to any of them. And this is coming from someone who has seen Cats on Oasis 3 times and loved every minute of it.

I will say that we spent several hours one afternoon playing cards at Two70 while the aerialists were practicing. that was much more enjoyable then the shows...

We went to SeaPlex pretty much as soon as boarded and ate. There was a short line for bumper cars so we hopped in it in case it was busy later in the week and boy are we glad we did. Every time we were in SeaPlex during the week and there was bumper cars going on, the line wrapped around the entire facility. We did not go on it again.

IMG_2250_zpsd81npoty.jpg

IMG_2252_zpssuyzpr19.jpg

By the way if you were on this sailing and came across those aviator sunglasses on Day 7 I would sure appreciate getting them back. I lost them sometime of the last day/night and they are my favourites. The brand is Coach if that helps. They were not turned into lost & found :(

I am a horrible Canadian being that I hate hockey and cannot skate but the rest of the fam went roller skating. Below is video of bambi on wheels... :)

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Some photos from our stateroom - D3-9164 Superior Ocean View Strm w/Balcony. It turns our our balcony was actually pretty big. We were the cabin just as the hump was starting so it had an angle to it that gave it some extra space. The room was super quiet and just around the corner form the elevator. quote]

let this statement serve as proof that the royal deckplans are wrong. that the cabins like this have larger balconies even though they dont show it on the plans. so there are a lot more angled balconies out there than people think

Some photos from our stateroom - D3-9164 Superior Ocean View Strm w/Balcony. It turns our our balcony was actually pretty big. We were the cabin just as the hump was starting so it had an angle to it that gave it some extra space. The room was super quiet and just around the corner form the elevator. quote]

let this statement serve as proof that the royal deckplans are wrong. that the cabins like this have larger balconies even though they dont show it on the plans. so there are a lot more angled balconies out there than people think

I meant to say that our reservation actually said our room was D3 Ocean view Strm w/ SMALLER balcony. It was supposed to be smaller than average but it was actually bigger.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Smoothies are included in the refreshment package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello all smoothie / fresh juicing fans.

I am currently on Anthem 4/2-9 sailing.

Smoothie is included in Refreshment package (as non-alcoholic beverage),

YET it is only available on days not in the USA. So on the two port days in Bahamas only.

Solarium bartender explained it has to do with U.S. Health code....

Took me til today (day 3) to get this info. No one in Solarium Restaurant knew anything about a smoothie menu or service. I never thought it would be served at the bar, but I asked bartender and found out today yes that's where it is. But I could not get one because of this Health code requirement.

DH and I are trying to figure out what the issue could be – may have to do with the ability to properly clean the machine between servings perhaps.

RCL Allure Inaugural Dec 2010

NCL Breakaway Sept 2015

RCL Anthem April 2016

We got smoothies everyday and sailed on 3/26

Wow!

I am so disappointed :(

Maybe they just had an inspection or maybe I misunderstood the bartender or maybe he was just giving me a story. I will find out more and report back....

(to be clear – they offer piña colada's, daiquiris, and alike. Just no fresh vegetable or fruit juices or blended smoothie / protein drinks)

iFly - we prebooked our times for Day 6. Turned out hubby was too heavy and I did not feel like it so my son and my sister took part. It was really windy and cold as for the onlookers but those who flew had a great time.

I took videos too - hopefully you can view them here on Facebook. They were too big to upload to photo bucket

https://www.facebook.com/disneydvc/posts/10158337748105587?pnref=story

I read 230 was the weight limit for short people and 250 for 6ft and over or something like that.

Was this true? Or doe it have to do with having the right proportions to fit in the jumpsuit?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I read 230 was the weight limit for short people and 250 for 6ft and over or something like that.

Was this true? Or doe it have to do with having the right proportions to fit in the jumpsuit?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

That is true. My husband was over 250 and could not fly. They do weigh you. They also use your weight to determine the fan strength

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a few comments.

We have MTD and prebooked ressies for 6PM every night. If I were sailing again on Anthem I do not think I would do MTD. We ended up in a different restaurant and at a different table every night. And when I say different restaurant, I mean we were ate in all 4 of the main dining rooms at different points throughout the week. Every time we met our new waiters they asked where we had been all week.

They are also way too pushy trying to sell the galley tour. Someone stopped by our table every night. It was annoying having to say no so many times.

The food was great. Service was good if not a little slow.

Thank you so much for posting menu and food pics! I'm really surprised there aren't more photos of food taken in the MDR's.

So how did you know where you were eating each night then? I have heard that if you had MTD and reservations you were assigned to American Icon every night. Is that not the case?