Help needed re: superior balcony Indy of seas

We currently have 3 adults in a D1 balcony cabin on Independence of the seas, but want to add 1 more adult. Appears this cabin only has sleeper sofa! Is this a queen size sleeper sofa or a full/double size sofa? I'm worried abt 2 adults on it, as I know sleeper sofas are not comfortable to begin with... Also, ship is full, but do you think it is possible to ask to be downgraded from a balcony to a cabin with two of the beds that drop down? I don't want an inside cabin... but maybe a different balcony cabin or ocean View? Thoughts?

I would not put two adults on that sleeper sofa, I don't think they would be very happy.

You can downgrade, but if it is after final payment date, you won't get any money back. If fact,you may have to pay more if the price of the lower category has climbed above what you paid.

I would not put two adults on that sleeper sofa, I don't think they would be very happy.

You can downgrade, but if it is after final payment date, you won't get any money back. If fact,you may have to pay more if the price of the lower category has climbed above what you paid.

Thanks Bob and gerif, that's what I was afraid of. Do balcony cabins even have other sleeping arrangements, other than the sofa bed for persons 3 and 4? We just booked the cruise last week, and paid primo price, but will ask our travel agent if she can get us downgraded at little to no cost. Preferably no cost 😉

Thanks Bob and gerif, that's what I was afraid of. Do balcony cabins even have other sleeping arrangements, other than the sofa bed for persons 3 and 4? We just booked the cruise last week, and paid primo price, but will ask our travel agent if she can get us downgraded at little to no cost. Preferably no cost 😉

I've seen some with a single pullman.

Thanks Bob and gerif, that's what I was afraid of. Do balcony cabins even have other sleeping arrangements, other than the sofa bed for persons 3 and 4? We just booked the cruise last week, and paid primo price, but will ask our travel agent if she can get us downgraded at little to no cost. Preferably no cost

There are many balcony cabins on the Independence that have two pullmans. I believe that all of them are in the E1 category.

We currently have 3 adults in a D1 balcony cabin on Independence of the seas, but want to add 1 more adult. Appears this cabin only has sleeper sofa! Is this a queen size sleeper sofa or a full/double size sofa? I'm worried abt 2 adults on it, as I know sleeper sofas are not comfortable to begin with... Also, ship is full, but do you think it is possible to ask to be downgraded from a balcony to a cabin with two of the beds that drop down? I don't want an inside cabin... but maybe a different balcony cabin or ocean View? Thoughts?

What is the date of your cruise?

I thought, possibly, RCL's upgrade fairy would upgrade someone who noted they are open to upgrades, and upgrade them to my "Superior balcony/D1"room, and we take their lower category room. Not sure if that's how the upgrade fairy works, but it makes sense to me...

Thanks, Bob. I just called my agent, added the fourth person, and now fingers crossed we get downgraded and get a cabin with 4 beds. (Cannot believe I just said that 😲 Lol). If we end up keeping our cabin, we will deal...or, maybe Ask for a lounge chair for the balcony.. lol. Thank you all for your input and information!