Finally narrowed down - April 2017 cruise which one? Harmony VS Cleb Reflection/Sil

Guys I know I have probably pounded this board with my VS posts but my husband and I have finally narrowed down the cruise we will be doing either April 16-22 or 22-29. YES, this is probably very spur of the moment for most but its when we can go based on work and other factors. We have only every done Carnival. Our last cruise was 7 years ago.

My husband and I are both mid 30s no kids. ME: I like fun, shows, entertainment aligned with some relaxation and good food. My husband: not fond of crowds, like to relax, a few beers, and good food. Ports for us are not a huge deal we have been to st Thomas st mar and Nassau before.

So we have it down to Harmony of the seas in a balcony or large balcony

or

Celb Reflection or Silhouette in a concierge balcony room.

At first we were not sure we could make reflection work out of Miami because we have sky miles to use up and wasn't working out for the dates there but might be able to still make that happen.

Concerns: Does harmony have a crowded feel? I assume we can find relaxation and peace in the solstice area, but does harmony have any private areas you can rent or access besides suites?

Celebrity I am scared we might be too young for the age demographics of that line but maybe I'm wrong! I have concerns there may not be much life after dinner is over. We are not partiers, we do like shows, and a place to talk and drink. It might sound rude but we are not much of mingles with others type.

Celeb Silhouette is about 300 less than reflection and harmony!

HELP me! I need to get this booked in the morning!:( :eek::eek::eek:

If entertainment is one of your top priorities than the Harmony would definitely be my choice. On the down side to ensure the best seats show reservations are required and your late booking date will create problems of availability. On the plus side if you don't care where you sit stand-by seating begins 15 minutes before the show and there is almost always available seats somewhere.

:o:( That is kind of off putting about the entertainment. sounds like it might be hard to book anything at this point. the ship is not sold out though, which i guess is good but......:confused:

:o:( That is kind of off putting about the entertainment. sounds like it might be hard to book anything at this point. the ship is not sold out though, which i guess is good but......:confused:

Have a few years on you, but my wife and I are similar. On HOS for the 4/22 sailing. Booked shows a little more than a week ago and it wasn't bad. 4/22 sailing is post Easter/ spring break, pre summer, so hoping it's a bit off peak. Quite a few here signed up for the CC roll call.

Sent from my KFSAWI using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! As far as dates would you think even on Celb that April 16-22 would be busier bc of Easter? I hate to leave on Easter as we always attend church and so family dinners these dates are just work out but maybe as mentioned the 22-29 would be better.

No contest - Harmony has much more to offer in terms of what you can experience onboard, including entertainment.

That said, destination ports often come into play for this kind of "compare" decision...so you need to consider what you are looking for in terms of places to visit (or if that is all that important, in contrast to the ships).

Hubby & I are in our early 40s. We've sailed Carnival as well as Celebrity Reflection & RCCL Oasis & Anthem (Somewhat merge the 2 to get Harmony). I think you'll have more "fun" things to do on Harmony. The RCCL ships never felt crowded with the semi-exception of the muster drill. Celebrity will be more relaxing and upscale but you can achieve a more "upscale" experience on Harmony by throwing in a couple of specialty restaurants. I would personally choose Harmony but hubby prefers Celebrity because he LOVES to just relax! Can't really go wrong here but the experiences will feel quite different. If you go wit Harmony, Get as many reservations as possible & thing just "wing" it! FYI...There are no other ships like the Oasis class!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lady Lion - thanks for the advice!

For ports -

The reflection goes to St Marteen (been here in 2010), St kitts, and San Juan - 2 new ports

Silouette goes to Falmouth, Cococay, Georgetown and Cozumel. never been to any of these.

Harmony goes to labadee, falmouth, and cozumel - never been to any of these

of these which is the better ports?

The reflection goes to St Marteen (been here in 2010), St kitts, and San Juan - 2 new ports

Silouette goes to Falmouth, Cococay, Georgetown and Cozumel. never been to any of these.

I haven't been to Georgetown so I can't give opinions there.

Labadee and CocoCay are both private beach areas owned by Royal / Celebrity. While both are more alike than different, I think Labadee has more to do. Also Labadee has a dock for ease of getting on/off the ship while CocoCay is a tender stop.

We did a Sea Lion / beach day in Cozumel. It was very fun and relaxing but didn't give us much time to explore much else.

We took a tour in Falmouth to the Irie Blue Hole. It was a great trip but it is a couple hours on a bus in each direction.

St. Kitts is great - get up to see Romney Manor and Brimstone Hill Fortress. I've been to this port twice and still want to go back so I can get over to the neighboring island of Nevis.

San Juan - I've sailed out of this port twice and stopped once. Old San Juan is a great place to walk around but there is quite a bit more to do if you have a couple days to spend there before or after a cruise.

My personal opinion - I'd go with Harmony for the ship (the Oasis class ships are something you need to try at least once) plus giving you three stops you haven't been to. Even for me being at all of those stops, I know there are things at each port that I missed last time I visited.

For ports -

Given those choices...Reflection's ports are much better.

You can get those same ports on Harmony (depending on the date of our cruise).

Having been on all your choices and as you don't like crowds, I would PERSONALLY avoid Harmony. It was chaos. It was so crowded everywhere. I came off the ship physically tired from the jostling everyday. It was understaffed and the MDR service and food was a joke...cold and certainly unappetising. Everyone has different experiences on each ship when it comes to service but you can't argue crowding!

I was quite surprised as to the overcrowding as the Allure, Oasis and Quantum did not feel this way at all.

We have sailed Reflection (loved the Lawn Club Grille), Allure (all good), and in January Silhouette. There was nightlife. I would go Celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I prefer Celebrity to RCI. I have been on sister ships to the two you are considering, and absolutely loved the vibe on Celebrity! Much more relaxed and sophisticated! Food was better as well. Was not crazy about all the lines we had to wait in on Oasis class ships.plus, on sea days, even trying to find two seats together in the solarium was awful. Georgetown is a tendered port, but we love Grand Cayman, and beach days there are the best!

When was your cruise on Harmony that it was so crowded? I'm curious because seems like most people say the design eliminates crowds that why I had narrowed it down to these.

So on the Silhouette 2 out of 4 ports are tender? I've never done a tender port is it smooth or chaotic?

All 3 of Harmony ports will be docked. And All 3 of Reflection.

I think I'd go with Harmony as well just from an age standpoint. If you like to be active and have things to do this would definitely be the way to go. Many people say that the Oasis class doesn't feel crowded to them. Although I agree to some degree, sea days on the pool deck are NUTS! The Solarium is nice, but it does get hot in that area. If you go up one deck from the pools it's a lot less crowded so if you don't have to be right next to the pool and can withstand some wind, that's the way to go.

I wouldn't worry too much about booking the show reservations late. If you can't get the times you prefer now, you can make changes when you board and it shouldn't be a problem to get what you want. We booked late for our last Allure cruise and we went almost immediately to make changes after we boarded. I think it was outside the ice rink (deck 3 or 4?).

If food is a big thing for you, I would definitely book the specialty restaurants. The food would definitely be higher quality and from what I hear Wonderland is an amazing experience.

To expand on the crowding issue a bit....there are other locations and times where it does feel crowded. The Royal Promenande in the evening during their watch, jewelry, junk sales" get crowded but I don't mind it. We usually are just strolling through and not in a hurry so it's kinda nice in a strange way. The parades will also be very crowded.

The Windjammer (buffet) will be crowded on boarding day and for breakfast n sea days. Otherwise, I never found it to be that bad. We usually enjoy our breakfast in the Solarium as it's smaller and has some healthier options.

I have been on the Reflection and LOVED it. It was the perfect size for a couple, food was amazing, entertainment was good, the concierge balcony was awesome and there will be WAY less kids than Harmony! Yes the crowd will be older but there will still be lots of people in their 30s and 40s and they will be the ones to stay up late and party in the club or wherever else the party is at. I haven't been on Harmony but we do plan on going next year with the kids. We were on the epic last month and I believe it is around the same size as the Harmony and both me and my spouse thought the ship was too big for the two of us. Yes there are lots of options but you just don't have time to do everything and because there are so many things to do, it's hard to see "friends" you make throughout the week...everyone is so scattered. and there are tons of kids so for a couple without kids, go somewhere that isn't as kid friendly and more adult friendly. Also, you will feel like royalty on the Reflection. It is more upscale and sophisticated and the service is way more personalised.

Harmony for me, great ship.

We have been on all three Oasis, Allure and Harmony.

We have experienced that the crowds on the first day tend to stay heavy

in certain areas, some people just don't know that there are

so many other areas of the ship they can grab a bite to eat, and they tend

to stick with the Windjammer. These ships are so spacious, after the

first day I think people start to spread out better throughout the ship

and it does not feel as crowded. We had a wonderful

cruise on Harmony. Younger crowd too.

This would be my choice.

i am having serious indecisive issues with this. I have finally narrowed down to celb silhouette or harmony. on silhouette we can do aqua class balcony. on harmony a superior reg balcony. silhouette would be april 16 sailing or harmony april 22.

:o:eek::rolleyes:

i am having serious indecisive issues with this. I have finally narrowed down to celb silhouette or harmony. on silhouette we can do aqua class balcony. on harmony a superior reg balcony. silhouette would be april 16 sailing or harmony april 22.

:o:eek::rolleyes:

You seem very indecisive, just pick one, both will be fun

Sent from my iPhone using Forums