Has anyone tried to bring an essential oil diffuser?

I'm curious about which oils you'll diffuse and the reason. I'm newish to essential oils and just wondering if there is something I'm missing. We're packing everything else, I may as well pack my diffuser!

Does the aroma travel throughout the hallway or into the cabins next to you. If so I would not be a happy camper as scents of any type cause me to start coughing. Even someone several feet away wearing perfume causes me to start Hacking away

I had my travel diffuser and oil blends for 33 days on the Vista last year. I explained to my room stewardess the first day that it had no heating element. I didn't run it while I was out of my room, but my stewardess always commented that she just wanted to go lay down in my room because it smelled so good.

Every one of my friends came down with the cold, cough bug and I didn't. Maybe my oils had something to do with that. I use my diffuser at home every night also.

The scents are very light, and I never really noticed them when I was in the hallway. A lot lighter than perfumes.

Another fan here. Have used travel diffuser for years. Use 10 drops sage,cedarwood, peppermint 1 tso vodka distilled water in 1iz spray bottle for bathroom. In room diffuser I use Breathe, lemongrass and wild orange.

Dee

The main reason I wanted to bring it was because my daughter has asthma and the inhalation of oregano oil saved us from the emergency room visit a couple of times. We also use lavender because it's so safe and calming and seems to be a cure-all. It's the only thing that helped my daughters cold sores on her lips too. Instant pain relief. Eucalyptus is good for congestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just brought mine on the Vista ... It's a travel one, and plugs in either via regular plug or USB. I ran it almost the whole time I was on the ship, including when I was not in the cabin (although mine will automatically turn off after 3 hrs or if it runs out of water). My cabin steward never questioned it at all. I just use for the scent, and I get Satsuma oil from The Body Shoppe which I LOVE. It makes the room smell nice when we are in there. Never noticed it in the hall.

I wear a necklace with a metal filigree locket which holds a bit of cotton for essential oils. Works fine for me & doesn't upset others like a diffuser might. There were a large assortment of lovely aromatherapy necklaces on Etsy for reasonable prices.

• 5 months later...
I just brought mine on the Vista ... It's a travel one, and plugs in either via regular plug or USB. I ran it almost the whole time I was on the ship, including when I was not in the cabin (although mine will automatically turn off after 3 hrs or if it runs out of water). My cabin steward never questioned it at all. I just use for the scent, and I get Satsuma oil from The Body Shoppe which I LOVE. It makes the room smell nice when we are in there. Never noticed it in the hall.

would you mind sharing what diffuser you use to travel? we are going on the breakaway in 2 weeks and I am looking for a travel one to take with us

would you mind sharing what diffuser you use to travel? we are going on the breakaway in 2 weeks and I am looking for a travel one to take with us

Since the thread is 5 months old, I hope you don't mind me answering. I was going to post the one I bought on Amazon, but it is unavailable at this time. A simple search for travel diffuser on Amazon should bring up some.

Since the thread is 5 months old, I hope you don't mind me answering. I was going to post the one I bought on Amazon, but it is unavailable at this time. A simple search for travel diffuser on Amazon should bring up some.

Thanks, I saw the age of thread and knew I was taking a shot! I've seen a few on amazon thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never brought my diffuser, but always bring a Scentsy warmer and never been questioned.

Despite the age of this thread, I would like to warn against bringing something like this onboard, as it does have a heating element, and even if equipped with "auto-off", ask Mr. Coffee how many lawsuits they had over house fires caused by failure of their "auto-off" switches on coffee makers.

My diffusers are ultrasonic which work like a nebuliser. I usually bring a travel sized one when I sail. Before I used these, I had one that worked with a fan. These are inefficient and dry up quickly. Cabin attendants havent had any concerns about my diffusers, but I always leave a note by mine that says "no heat generated". I have never detected the scent from my cabin in the hallway, but it would have bested the cigarette smell that has often wandered there. I usually diffuse thieves and I bring something for my hubby who has copd . Its usually to counterbalance the smokiness. I also bring some romantic oils =)

My portable is " Haber portable ultra mini". The non water one is "Greenpod portable scent diffuser"

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

I too would like to know if the essential oils odors can be smelled in other cabins. I am super sensitive to smells and would hate that... obviously I am not a user and do not want to be a second hand user either... I did not see where anyone answered this question...