Charter cruise questions....

Those that have took a charter cruise I have a couple of questions please! :)

A) Did you feel the ship offered the same amount of entertainment as any other cruise?? or does it all depends on the charter?? Sea Days? I don't want to feel like I will have limited options. Is the rock climbing wall or say flo rider, etc all opened as well?

B) Did you feel you received the same level of service as the charter cruise?? I have heard many times the crew is cut in half since it is a charter?? A lot of the entertainment would be provided by the charter....

C) Would you cruise again this way or stick with your normal way of cruising?

Thank you!!

A "charter" usually has it's own activities. Yes...the ship will have all of their "bells and whistles" open and running, but you're right about entertainment...depending on the charter!

A "knitting" charter group would be totally different from a "rock music" charter!

You would only book a charter if you are part of that group. Generally, a charter is a full ship of the same group.

Sailings with simply "groups" aboard happen on EVERY cruise..and the "non-groups" are not adversely affected.

Have only done Monsters of Rock charters and the activities are based on what the charter company has provided.

The bar staff, wait staff and room stews are still wonderful. Didn't notice a difference in food or service anywhere on the ship.

I would say if it is a charter theme you are interested in, go for it!

I have a couple questions about charters

do we still get the same perks?

As Diamond do we still get priority boarding?

All the regular discounts on board?

Is the DL open and/or do they load drinks on cards?

Do we still get points for the cruise?

Any chance we can still get a balcony discount

You do get C&A points for the charter. However we've been told that DL perks such as free drinks are up to the charter people.

The perks you get depend on the chartering group and what they stipulate in the contract with the cruise line. Speaking from experience from doing all 5 of the Rock Legends charter cruises (all have been on either Liberty or Independence), we did get boarded based on C&A level. We did not get any discounts on the ship. The DL was not open and was used on some cruises as a private lounge for the musicians, and on the last cruise the DL was used as the store for selling Rock Legends merchandise. No drinks were loaded on cards. No balcony discounts. The charter group sets the prices for all cabins and you pay their price because you have to book through them.

We did get C&A points. Also - this particular charter group didn't allow personal wine brought aboard either, even though RCI normally does. They wanted all booze purchased on the ship, and the only drink package sold was for soft drinks. The assumption was that the charter group got a cut of bar sales. Again, this can vary based on the charter group.

The flowrider was not open on any of these charter cruises. Those in suites were given access to the concierge lounge.

The only thing the diamond concierge did was provide a contact phone number and offer to make dinner reservations for D, D+, Pinnacle for Chops or Giovanni's.

Those that have took a charter cruise I have a couple of questions please! :)

A) Did you feel the ship offered the same amount of entertainment as any other cruise?? or does it all depends on the charter?? Sea Days? I don't want to feel like I will have limited options. Is the rock climbing wall or say flo rider, etc all opened as well?

B) Did you feel you received the same level of service as the charter cruise?? I have heard many times the crew is cut in half since it is a charter?? A lot of the entertainment would be provided by the charter....

C) Would you cruise again this way or stick with your normal way of cruising?

Thank you!!

Hi - We did the Cruiseco charter cruise Dec 16 from Fremantle to Adelaide on Ovation of the Seas. I found the menu choices to be quite a lot reduced from my cruise on EOS Nov 15. And the quality to be lacking in some instances. Difference in wait staff between the 2 cruises were like chalk and cheese. Both cruises were repositioning cruises. I am hoping that the menu's and choices were indeed dumbed down due to it being a charter as we are about to embark on another cruise on VOS - and not due to RCI reducing to cut costs themselves.

We bought the beverage package and dining packages etc were a match on the non charter.

Shows and entertainment were not affected in my opinion.

Cabin attendent was marvellous - so no change there.

This type of takeover by a Charter group is why I try to avoid charter weeks. I google and check out certain groups that charter. Sometimes you can't catch them all.

Is there a list of charter groups and/or dates and ships affected? Trying to check if the cruise we are interested in has a group/charter on board (transpacific on Explorer 2018)

Is there a list of charter groups and/or dates and ships affected? Trying to check if the cruise we are interested in has a group/charter on board (transpacific on Explorer 2018)

Unfortunately, no list. Try doing an internet search using the ship name and sailing date in different forms.

I don' t think so...but there is a "theme" website that you can check. It will give you a general idea of what you DON'T want to book.

Click on the title and it will give you the date and ship

http://themecruisefinder.com/CruiseAds/item_search/list/