Navigator Main Pools Closed on Last Sea Day

The Navgator's main pools were closed all day yesterday, the last sea day, according to YorkVillian. Another poster stated this happened in February too. Happening once is unlucky. Twice is a coincidence. Three times means a problem. Anybody else experience this on the Nav recently? Shutting down both pools would rule out somebody having an accident. Is this a maintenance issue that they are failing to fix properly.

Are the pools salt water? Were they chlorinated during the cruise? The first explanation that comes to my mind is that the ship was using "flow through" mode sea water, which means sea water is pumped in continuously, and the overflow goes back to sea, so no chlorination is needed. However, when within 12 miles of shore, the pool must be switched to recirculation and chlorinated, with a couple of hours of closed down time to get the chlorine levels proper. So, the ship may have been close to the Keys, or the Bahamas, and did not want to start up chlorination in recirculation mode, so they just shut the pools.

Last I heard salt water pools. Thanks for that possible explanation. In that case, they know their course in advance so with some planning could have switched to chlorine over night. Closing a main amenity on a sea day for an avoidable reason seems kind of crazy.

or

where are they? it has been pretty breezy throughout the Bahamas and south Florida lately and wind usually means the seas kick up esp when in open water. If the water starts 'sloshing' in the pool too much, they will close 'em for safety reasons ... folks can get tossed into the sides of the pool; as well as the issue of the water sloshing out and needing to find someplace to go!

Is the pool just 'closed' or emptied?

NOS is in Miami today so yesterday they would have been coming west thru the Old Bahama Channel, past Cay Sal Bank and then up to Miami .... not close to land until on 'final approach' to POM. (I'm looking at the last 24 hrs track on Marine Traffic)

We were on the same cruise. One pool had a protein spill, I unfortunately saw the remnants from this. The other a maintenance issue, either a leak in the system, or chlorination issues. I heard both stories. Kids were then allowed in the solarium pool, but not many took advantage.

This bigger maintenance issue, at least for this cruise, was that something happened to the stabilizers and they were not functional most of the cruise. Lucky for us, seas were at least 9 ft, most days. Ugh. I'm sure that wasn't the only protein spill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One pool had a protein spill, I unfortunately saw the remnants from this. The other a maintenance issue,

two sep' pool water systems? I doubt it ..... one closed = both closed ..... case closed

One pool had a protein spill, I unfortunately saw the remnants from this. The other a maintenance issue,

two sep' pool water systems? I doubt it ..... one closed = both closed ..... case closed

Usually two separate pumps and filters, but one common buffer tank where the water returns from the pools, so yes you are correct.

You're right, I made it all up because I love spreading misinformation here.

I saw it with my own eyes. They closed one pool for a maintenance issue. Moved everyone over to the other pool. Five minutes later someone pukes in the second pool, then they close it as well. Not closed at the same time. Not both closed for the same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk