Emergency phone # for ships

dopey1200

I'm preparing an itinerary to leave with my mom & dad for our cruise & I want to give them an emergency contact # since we don't always have good cell phone service at sea. They would be calling from the US. Princess' website is confusing me a little. Do they simply dial 1-870 (which is the ocean code) then the ship's number? Thanks. I pray they don't need it but for elderly parents and a 10 day cruise, I want them to be prepared.

The FAQs is confusing but on page 3 of the pre-cruise checklist that's accessible through the Cruise Personalizer there's a different procedure so you may want to give them both ways.

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/Pre_Cruise_Checklist.pdf

Reaching you at sea

To call all ships

From U.S. 900-329-SHIP (7447); From Canada 900-565-2800Credit card calls 877-656-7447

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thank you Astro, I will also give them the 900 #.

My apologies for the other misinformation that I deleted. :o

This FAQ statement (For example, if you would like to call the Diamond Princess in the Pacific Ocean from the United States, dial 011 870 773 933 441) shows for that procedure they'd have to dial 011 & not 1 at the beginning.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Glad I'm not the only one who was confused by it. According to Google, the international dialing code for the US is 1, so I'm not sure where the 011 comes in to play, but I'll use it anyway. Thanks again.

If you plan to have some Internet access on the cruise, then the best way to contact you could be using E-mail.

Just check your e-mail a couple of times a day.

Thanks for the idea - but my parents don't even have email! :eek:

Glad I'm not the only one who was confused by it. According to Google, the international dialing code for the US is 1, so I'm not sure where the 011 comes in to play, but I'll use it anyway. Thanks again.

When you are calling internationally from the US the first part of the call number is 011 followed by the country code then the local codes. So when I call the UK from the US the number begins with 011-44. When I call the US from the UK the code begins with 01 followed by the ten digit number.