CC connections v Meet and Greet

ELA

What is the difference? Where do we sign up?

Thank you!

Ela

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Ela,

It's generally referred to, as the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle - but as Dkjretired mentioned, it's the same thing.

Here's a link to the Celebrity website, where you can sign up : https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/getParty . If you have any further questions, please post again.

Hope this helps !

Not the same thing,

RCL has drawing for items ( you receive a ticket as you enter then they make some announcements then the drawings for the prizes they offer.) Celebrity has some of the crew members talk ( no drawings )

george35

On all of our X cruises so far, CD and some of the senior staff stop in at the connections event to introduce themselves - I think we are 3 for 4 on having the Capt stop in, and I believe Hotel Director was at all of them. At the one M&G on JotS I think only one staff member attended, and i want to say it might have been one of the activity staff not CD (few years back though)? On Princess i don't think we even had a ship staff member present (though that goes back a ways and maybe different now?).

I know on our last cruise a person or two used the opportunity to rapidly escalate a problem they were having by talking directly with someone senior; I get pictures and use it as a chance to meet the CD in a much smaller setting.

On all of our X cruises so far, CD and some of the senior staff stop in at the connections event to introduce themselves - I think we are 3 for 4 on having the Capt stop in, and I believe Hotel Director was at all of them. At the one M&G on JotS I think only one staff member attended, and i want to say it might have been one of the activity staff not CD (few years back though)? On Princess i don't think we even had a ship staff member present (though that goes back a ways and maybe different now?).

On Royal Caribbean and Celebrity the meeting is set up in advance by registering to attend on the Cruise Critic web site. In effect the meeting is then organized on board and run by the ship's staff.

Princess does not have that arrangement with Cruise Critic, so the meetings for Princess are organized by someone on the Roll Call. That person will contact a designated person at HQ to arrange for a time and a meeting place. The CD and officers will only attend if they are invited (usually a letter on embarkation day) by a member of the Roll Call and if their other work allows them to.

We never attended one of these until our last cruise. I always thought they would be a waste. When we did attend on the Summit, we were very impressed. Cpt. CD, HD and junior officers attended. They gave speeches on their duties and were very appreciative of the CC folks, informing that they do read the boards. All around a great way to meet the officers and get insight on how the ship is run. Looking forward to the M&G on our July Solstice trip, but need more folks in the roll call!

Not the same thing,

RCL has drawing for items ( you receive a ticket as you enter then they make some announcements then the drawings for the prizes they offer.) Celebrity has some of the crew members talk ( no drawings )

george35

Hi George, in reality it is the same type of event.......but I know the difference you speak of and in my opinion, I prefer the

CC gathering on Celebrity. I was on Royal in Oct and went to the Meet and Greet......and there was a roll call on line but

everyone seemed to be sitting far apart and yes, the folks who won their gifts were happy. But I normally attend to meet

others who I have been chatting with........Celebrity may not have "give a way drawings" but on my cruise last month,

I felt like the people were friendlier. Just my opinion.........just felt like the Royal thing was about "who won".....

We had a really nice group of folks on Reflection last month......I would say at least 50 people showed up and yes, there

were probably 6 Sr Officers who attended. It just felt like a warmer event.