Celebrity Edge and The Magic Carpet

cruisebrotha06

This comes from the Edge FAQs document - the info may be on other Edge threads, but it doesn't appear to be on this one:

"Perched on the starboard side of the ship, the Magic Carpet makes Celebrity Edge’s distinctive, sleek profile recognizable from miles away. With its stunning, open-air panoramic, outward-facing ocean views, Magic Carpet is designed with a yacht-like, breezy, and casual vibe, with comfortable seating, a full bar, and space for live music performances, making it the place to see and be seen.

The size of a tennis court, this incredible engineering feat is the world’s first cantilevered

venue at sea that travels 13 stories. This spectacular space is repositioned alongside several

decks and transforms into a new and exciting venue depending on which deck it’s positioned.

Situated on the summit of the ship on Deck 16, Magic Carpet becomes the ultimate specialty restaurant high in the sky where mouthwatering experiences such as “Dinner on the Edge” are hosted for a select number of guests. Get ready for a unique, al fresco culinary journey under the stars that’s sure to satisfy guests’ taste buds, eyes, and their sense of wonder all at the same time.

Down to Deck 14, Magic Carpet becomes an extension of the already expansive relaxing main pool area, the perfect place for breathtaking views, tantalizing libations, and live music.

On Deck 5, Magic Carpet extends the ship’s restaurants into the most amazing al fresco seating imaginable for close to 100 guests. Here it creates an intimate, open-air dining experience that will make the fresh ocean fare taste even fresher.

At the bottom, Deck 2, Magic Carpet hovers within a hair above the ocean surface and becomes an extension of the Destination Gateway, a new area that becomes a luxury embarkation station where guests will be whisked away aboard our newly redefined Edge LaunchesSM.

FAST FACTS/FEATURES

• Magic Carpet Total Square Footage: 1,937.5 sq. ft.

• Magic Carpet Total Length: 110 ft.

• Magic Carpet Total Width: 20 ft.

• Magic Carpet Total Weight: 240 metric tons

• Total Occupancy: 100

• The Magic Carpet is roughly the size of a tennis court

• Fabricated out of mainly painted steel with an airy, mesh ceiling

• The Magic Carpet is outfitted with programmable LED lighting"

This video shows what it may look like on all the different decks (I didn't see this particular video on this thread):

https://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=celebrity%20edge%20magic%20carpet&s_it=searchtabs&v_t=webmail-searchbox

Someone reported that Celebrity may release Edge restaurant info in June so we may hear more about the Magic Carpet dining soon. :D

Sorry, actually, this is the video link:

• 2 months later...
I think the magic carpet looks very cool in theory but if its all open, its going to be pretty windy on it.

The picture looks like its open from the deck rails up. You will not be able to eat drink or have a hairstyle if that it so. I cant imagine they would let that happen. What do you think?

Brenda

If the wind can get in then surely water can get in. If the magic carpet is in its highest position surely it will make the boat top heavy, and if it is further down the ship surely if there were large waves, yes they d not happen very often but they do happen then surely it would fill with water.

Have to see how it works out...glad we booked on the other side of the ship. Looks like it may cast shade onto the side it is on and be noisy when in use.

It would have been interesting to just have it on lower decks as a gateway to the modern Shuttles..,Going all the way up and down seems over ambitous, but time will tell.

Being booked on the Edge,Jan,2019,I can hardly wait for such a wonderful thrill,just imagine the M/C going up & down,what a thrill,just to be on the first ocean liner to have this,I really would like to meet the team or person that dreamed this amazing concept up.I believe this thing must really sail in a lake,not a ocean,( WAVES ) Most stupid thing I have ever seen,I only hope the ship is anchored when it is going up & down,hope it works,this is why fares are going up & up to pay for these wonderful ideas !

Sent from my iPad using Forums