Trying to make sure I understand how the RCCL Visa works

Ok, I got my RCCL Visa card today and I understand that I'll get 10,000 points for making my first purchase and when I spend $1000 in the first 3 months I'll get another 7,500 bonus points for a total of $175 OBC.

If I charge the remainder of my cruise balance, which is $4000 will I get another 8,000 points for that? And then if I get another $2000 in charges before my cruise (it's a year away so no problem) I'll have enough for another $100 OBC.

Am I figuring this out correctly?

How quickly do they issue the points? We are sailing in around 120 days so the 90 day mark for the additional $75 will be cutting it a bit fine, but it is a good deal.

The bonus points come at the end of the first or second billing cycle.

Is there a way to use the Vsa RC credit card to pay the deposit for a new booking or can it only be redeemed for OBC?

Appreciate your responses. We have 10,000 points to use in the next 12 months.

Thanks.

You can charge the deposit to the RC credit card, but there's no way to redeem points (or use OBC) to use as a cruise deposit. They want more real money.

I have one. I opened this one for the $175 bonus. After this cruise I'll cancel it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the post. I was wondering the same thing. I just opened one last week and plan to pay for our cruise on it, then cancel after we use the OBC. In fact, I'm hoping it's in the mail today....

Costco 3% cash back on travel but with membership fees of about $55.

4% on gas

2% in store

1% all else.

Trip cancellation and accident coverage insurance.

Thanks for the info. No Costco close to us, so that would not be an option.

Is there a way to use the Vsa RC credit card to pay the deposit for a new booking or can it only be redeemed for OBC?

Appreciate your responses. We have 10,000 points to use in the next 12 months.

Thanks.

In case you didn't realize, the points don't have to be used for just OBC. You can also use them to pay down the cost of your cruise. So, while they can't be used for the deposit, they can be used to offset the overall cost of the cruise.