Celebrity Edge-Price Hike

Fighterone

Refundable deposits are best for us, because we book as soon as itins come out. We get good prices and selection, and monitor for price drops...less frequent these days! On EDGE the AQ price has definitely gone UP.

We'd only do a min refundable deposit if it was $100 or less.

Oops should have read "non refundable."

We just cancelled our Jan 2018 cruise on Silhouette....and had our $450 deposit refunded,,Could never afford to lose that much. Looking at the Royal C website, it is a bit confusing about the non refundables, lots of fine print,

I do think that if they apply the same 'rules' everywhere else that we get (i.e. that you never get a deposit back) then less people will just book and cancel. So frustrating for those of us in the UK who have to be certain re a cruise before we book . :-(

I agree with you, we don’t have the same perks as the US where sometimes they have two Cruises overlapping booked and wait for best deal. We just changed our first Edge booking to a later date to coincide with the TA and had to pay £150 for the privilege even though we are spending more money!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with you, we don’t have the same perks as the US where sometimes they have two Cruises overlapping booked and wait for best deal. We just changed our first Edge booking to a later date to coincide with the TA and had to pay £150 for the privilege even though we are spending more money!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That’s not fair. You may be on with us ....April 21 cruise. I think it’s the last before it crosses the pond? Yes?

• 1 month later...
Prices are now ridiculous.

Agreed. We were thinking of switching one of our B2B weeks since some people we met on another cruise will be on the week after our 2nd Edge ailing, but the price has gone up so much it would cost us much more, plus I booked under a free tips promo and would lose that.

• 4 weeks later...