Celebrity Edge-Price Hike

Fighterone

Interesting!

...used the new and not improved website to check our price for 1/27/19

AQ is up $500 pp from when we booked....would not book at that price $ 2249 for a 7 day carib itin..

Prices have gone up steadily since the launch. But today (June 1) shows the first DECREASES I have seen ($50-200 in all available categories on the Jan. 13 and 20 sailings -- although some of the suites on Jan. 13 were jacked up by the same $200 yesterday just for the day, so allow this "sale")

I booked with a TA group pricing and got E2 for E3 price and the price of tge E2 is now rhe same price I paid. I guess I could now see if I can get an E1 but probably not worth it.

Im hoping to see price drops in the future or at least an additional perk. Right now I only have 1 perk and TA OBC.

The reason for today's drop is a new Celebrity Caribbean promotion. $50-200 off per person depending on categories. CC and AQ are $150 per person.

I did a little fishing, and this is what I found about this new "promotion":

Celebrity Edge Jan. 13, 2019:

• Sky Suite S3 5/30/17: $4,599

• Sky Suite S3 5/31/17: $4,799

• Sky Suite S3 6/01/17: $4,599 [so we can call it a 'sale']

and this was true for every category from 08 and up -- only the lowest cabin categories had a real (smaller) discount today

I booked with a TA group pricing and got E2 for E3 price and the price of tge E2 is now rhe same price I paid. I guess I could now see if I can get an E1 but probably not worth it.

Im hoping to see price drops in the future or at least an additional perk. Right now I only have 1 perk and TA OBC.

Not sure if you'll be able to get the free upgrade to E1. In the other categories, you cannot get a free upgrade from x2 to x1.

I actually got lucky with my booking. The agency was showing 2 perks included on their website. My agent (who owns her own agency, it's a franchise situation) told me it was wrong but they kept showing the wrong info. So I contacted corporate via FB and the rep said the website was correct and that it was two offers. They spoke to my agent who pointed out that they were wrong and corporate agreed to pay the difference between Big and Better ($105 per person) for me on both legs that I booked! Plus when I booked, the TA was offering free gratuities, so I actually have *3* perks, plus OBC from the agent.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 2 weeks later...
Be careful if E4s. They're in crappy locations right beside the carpet.

I agree, it we booked while onboard last and hubby wants to experience this E experience....he says,well, it's only a week. So here we go.

We're two cabins fro the carpet and hopefully it will only "travel" up and down twice a day. Who knows, may cancel or switch cabins by then depending on reviews.

Agreed, I am excited about going to Tortola, and especially since it replaces Nassau on the typical Eastern itinerary. Also, Key West instead of Falmouth was a nice swap. Someone must be reading their surveys.

And yes AQ prices have gone up. The normal Infinte balcony prices are strange since in many cases you can get a Concierge class cabin for around the same price as the better location normal balconies.

I think, and someone please correct me othwise, that Concierge class has a balcony; E category does not....it only has a glass wall between you and ocean.....no balcony or railing or air.

I think, and someone please correct me othwise, that Concierge class has a balcony; E category does not....it only has a glass wall between you and ocean.....no balcony or railing or air.

Concierge has the same Infinite Veranda as E class cabins. The balcony doubles as an extension of the stateroom and the outdoor space, as best I can explain it, but there are much better places here to discuss this.

Here is how Celebrity describes it:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/accommodations/edge-staterooms/#

Concierge has the same Infinite Veranda as E class cabins. The balcony doubles as an extension of the stateroom and the outdoor space, as best I can explain it, but there are much better places here to discuss this.

Here is how Celebrity describes it:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/accommodations/edge-staterooms/#

Nice link...thanks. Boy those rooms seem very gray....Hope the glass balc will make it brighter......going to pack a few bright scarves to liven up the space...and order flowers!...

Nice link...thanks. Boy those rooms seem very gray....Hope the glass balc will make it brighter......going to pack a few bright scarves to liven up the space...and order flowers!...

I thought they looked quite like all Celebrity cabins, not seeing the gray.

I plan to get off, but just not for a tour...maybe a little walk or so!:cool: I said I would never go back to the Caribbean too!

I agree with Lastdance...we will walk off the ship but not for long.

We have been to all of the stops a few times before and never thought we would cruise the Caribbean again. We decided that we couldn't pass up such a beautiful ship with such a new concept and think it's worth the inflated price. Can't wait!

Then I suppose it's a good thing that those are only artists drawings and not photos of actual staterooms.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

This is why I have generally never booked a new ship in its first year. Too much hysteria leading to inflated prices.

Same! I usually go 2nd year or late first year when prices calm down a bit. I will be going on the edge late 2019 or early 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did jump off my booking as well.

I really really really wanted to be amongst the 2019 guests, however I am not going to pay those prices.

Even Silversea, just to give an example, offers cheaper and nicer Caribbean itineraries with anything but shore excursions included for about the same prices as Celebrity is asking for on Edge.

I hate myself for being so rational about something that gets me so passionate, but the pricing crazy within Celebrity Cruises really needs to come to an end.

Same! I usually go 2nd year or late first year when prices calm down a bit. I will be going on the edge late 2019 or early 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately it is not a "given" that the itinerary will be the same or that the ship will still be cruising out of the US. This would be , I would imagine, a limiting factor for many people.

..... but the pricing crazy within Celebrity Cruises really needs to come to an end.

Celebrity is entitled to charge whatever the market will bear. In this case, apparently it's quite a bit. If sales drop, so will the prices. They don't "need" to drop prices just because they are at a premium at the moment.

I

I hate myself for being so rational about something that gets me so passionate, but the pricing crazy within Celebrity Cruises really needs to come to an end.

Rational is good. As I mentioned on page 1 with air it would have been over $6,000 cdn for a week of crappy ports.in a balcony room that the jury is still out on - not a chance in hell that's happening. I didn't spend that for a week at 5 star hotels in Crete including my air.

As stated above, Celebrity can charge what they want and there will always be a crowd that will A: pay it, and B: enjoy cruising the Caribbean over and over and over again. Not us, I'd much rather spend that on another location.

...over $6,000 cdn for a week of crappy ports

This is what made me look for alternatives like Silversea at all. I have been to all those Cozumels, St. Maartens etc. I love the Carribean, but I´d rather pay the higher prices for Bequia / Grenadines and a factual personal butler with all drinks included than for what I might get from "Edge".