Celebrity Edge-Price Hike

Fighterone

With the Captain's Club free one class upgrade, if you pay for E4 you should be able to get an E3, no?

Can someone explain what the difference between the 1* (1B/1A) and E* (E4/E3/etc) verandah category classes are? Unless I was reading wrong on the website, the cabin size seems to be the same.

Yes, definitely you should be able to.

• 2 weeks later...

We've booked the Edge, with some friends, mostly for kicks and giggles - booked a B2B with no cabin change, in a C2. At over $11K we will cancel this if the price doesn't come down significantly. Would love to experience what should be a beautiful and new ship.

The pricing at this point seems similar to the inaugural Mardi Gras cruise which we were fortunate enough to be on. We booked one day after it was released and paid a whole lot less than those who came in much later.

Time will tell! But we'd love to be able to keep this reservation - Not sure how many cruises we will be able to do after 2019!

We've booked the Edge, with some friends, mostly for kicks and giggles - booked a B2B with no cabin change, in a C2. At over $11K we will cancel this if the price doesn't come down significantly. Would love to experience what should be a beautiful and new ship.

How are you paying that much? Are you doing holiday weeks? I also booked a C2 B2B (paying C3 prices with free upgrade, and also managed to find the same cabin for both weeks) and it's around $7k for both. Got free gratuities with my TA's special offer this week, and because their website said that 2 perks were free and their FB person said it was (even though my agent said it was wrong) they agreed to cover the price difference, so I have 3 perks for the base price.

Or is it a Canada thing?

Interestingly, checking the "fish" price tracking website, it appears that Concierge class cabins are the only ones that have not had price increases. The suites have had crazy increases, and normal balconies are up $50-100.

We booked at $ 1749, US , one perk for AQ infinite balcony on Edge, 7 night cruise. No idea if prices went up because we had to call Celeb for our AQ res.

Our 2 other booked cruises are 9 night Infinity, Ca Coastal, at $1699 pp for AQ with 3 perks; and 9 night Silho, E Carib, at $1699 pp for AQ 1 perk.

Edge is higher for 7 days but it will be brand new and different and heading to Tortola again will be fun!.

Edge is higher for 7 days but it will be brand new and different and heading to Tortola again will be fun!.

Agreed, I am excited about going to Tortola, and especially since it replaces Nassau on the typical Eastern itinerary. Also, Key West instead of Falmouth was a nice swap. Someone must be reading their surveys.

And yes AQ prices have gone up. The normal Infinte balcony prices are strange since in many cases you can get a Concierge class cabin for around the same price as the better location normal balconies.

Just got notification from the fish site that my 1/20 western prices have gone up. C3 is up to $1699 (same as the other sailings for that itinerary). Most (all?) balcony and all concierge class cabins are up $50. Aqua class A2 is up $200. Amazing.

Just got notification from the fish site that my 1/20 western prices have gone up. C3 is up to $1699 (same as the other sailings for that itinerary). Most (all?) balcony and all concierge class cabins are up $50. Aqua class A2 is up $200. Amazing.

I got 9 emails of price increases today. I feel a promo/sale coming on.

I got 9 emails of price increases today. I feel a promo/sale coming on.

That would be nice but I'll bet they will exclude Edge! BTW, I just got the price increase notification for concierge cabins on my 1/27 Edge cruise. So now it's up to $1699 for C3 as well.

Not many changes on my Edge b2b -- but only because almost all the suites are already sold out!

Yes, the odds of your getting a price drop on that is unlikely, especially if you booked at the original price. BTW I noticed you on the roll call on the fish site for one of my cruises. Hope to meet you there!

• 3 weeks later...

Really disappointed in Celebrity Cruises price hike. My wife and I have only cruised Celebrity and we just got back from our 6th cruise with them just last month. We had planned on going on the new EDGE in early 2019. But by the time I got the email in early March about Captain Clubs booking early on March 13th and by the time we got back from our cruise on March 26th, suite prices went from $2699 to $3699 and up for Sky Suite. That is where the prices currently our now. This really sucks because we weren't ready to book before we left and wanted to wait to get more info and deck plans on our current cruise.

We have gone on the Solstice, Silhouette and Reflection, all in there first few months at sea and wanted to do the same with the EDGE. Was really look forward to going up to a suite this time, we usually do concierge or aqua class. But not sure now with the price hike, we could book two people with two perks for the price of one person in Sky suite. Can't believe the large price hike so soon and so fast, literally less than two weeks after first being open to book on March 13th till we got back on March 26th. I know they will still sell out because it is new and exciting but this is still really wrong and I feel it's bad for business. You may have lost a faithful customer due to this.

Really disappointed in Celebrity Cruises price hike. My wife and I have only cruised Celebrity and we just got back from our 6th cruise with them just last month. We had planned on going on the new EDGE in early 2019. But by the time I got the email in early March about Captain Clubs booking early on March 13th and by the time we got back from our cruise on March 26th, suite prices went from $2699 to $3699 and up for Sky Suite. That is where the prices currently our now. This really sucks because we weren't ready to book before we left and wanted to wait to get more info and deck plans on our current cruise.

We have gone on the Solstice, Silhouette and Reflection, all in there first few months at sea and wanted to do the same with the EDGE. Was really look forward to going up to a suite this time, we usually do concierge or aqua class. But not sure now with the price hike, we could book two people with two perks for the price of one person in Sky suite. Can't believe the large price hike so soon and so fast, literally less than two weeks after first being open to book on March 13th till we got back on March 26th. I know they will still sell out because it is new and exciting but this is still really wrong and I feel it's bad for business. You may have lost a faithful customer due to this.

Well i think you're really wrong on this one. You said it yourself, you wanted " to wait to get more info and deck plans on our current cruise". Those that did not took a leap pf faith and booked before you. Then as ALL cruise lines do, when the available inventory became very low, the price went up. It just happened very quickly because it's a brand new vessel with a new design. Furthermore the March 13th date was talked about all over this board for over a month. Next time don't wait, or be content that you may have to pay more or wait until later.

Well i think you're really wrong on this one. You said it yourself, you wanted " to wait to get more info and deck plans on our current cruise". Those that did not took a leap pf faith and booked before you. Then as ALL cruise lines do, when the available inventory became very low, the price went up. It just happened very quickly because it's a brand new vessel with a new design. Furthermore the March 13th date was talked about all over this board for over a month. Next time don't wait, or be content that you may have to pay more or wait until later.

Fish Lover, No I think you got it all wrong on this one. What I was saying is that I was waiting till we went on our course a couple weeks after the first chance to book, because we always book our next cruise while on the ship you get better deals that way. But the price had gone up $1000 in less than two weeks. I guess I should have been more clear or added more details. So don't make this sound like a snooze you loose kind of thing. That a large increase no matter if it brand new or not. I not talking about the price now I am talking about the price in March, the price hike isn't recent the price hike happen with in days of the first releases of book for captains club members, it has changed at all since than.

Fish Lover, No I think you got it all wrong on this one. What I was saying is that I was waiting till we went on our course a couple weeks after the first chance to book, because we always book our next cruise while on the ship you get better deals that way. But the price had gone up $1000 in less than two weeks. I guess I should have been more clear or added more details. So don't make this sound like a snooze you loose kind of thing. That a large increase no matter if it brand new or not. I not talking about the price now I am talking about the price in March, the price hike isn't recent the price hike happen with in days of the first releases of book for captains club members, it has changed at all since than.

I feel bad for you, but I don't see how you feel that it's Celebrity's fault. They are in business to make money for their shareholders, of which I am one. They obviously saw tremendous demand for the ship and realized that they were leaving money on the table with the original suite pricing. Cruise prices (and travel prices in general) are always based on supply and demand. I don't think there was anything on Celebrity's site guaranteeing prices would not change so how can you blame them for raising them?

Unless you live in a country where cruise fares are nonrefundable, there was nothing stopping you from booking a cabin and then deciding later on if you actually wanted to go on the cruise and getting a refund if you changed your mind.

I had something similar happen to me with Quantum when it first came out. I thought the prices were too high and decided to wait for them to go down. Instead, the price kept going up and then they sent the ship to China. I eventually booked Anthem when it's bookings opened.

Ironically, Quantum did come down in price closer to the sail dates, but I had something else booked by that time. You should continue to watch Edge prices, hopefully you'll be able to find a price more to your liking. If not, more dates should be available before too long.

There is an old saying, "you snooze, you lose". Seems like that applies to you in this situation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I still don't agree. You waited to book on board so you could get a better price. Too bad it didn't work out for you. Everyone booked within the first couple days. Increases are automatically controlled by an algorithm based on inventory remaining. Unlike many cruises, the few announced sailings on this ship went very fast for obvious reasons. This is exactly a "snooze you lose" case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...