Royal "Not to be missed" questions

Cruzmama

We're sailing on the Royal in two weeks and am wondering what food items I definitely don't want to miss out on. Would love to hear everyone's favorites, including Dining Room, Horizon, Alfredo's and International Café. Please include something that you may have tasted but were disappointed in.

Also, can someone please comment on the temperature on the ship (in the DR, theaters, etc.) Sweater needed??

Thanks!

The "adults" sundaes at Gelato's!

They have two listed, both have gelato, toppings and shot of liquor on them. One is frangelico and the other is Irish Cream. Delicious.

The normal sundaes are wonderful too, or they'll put together any one you like.

All are covered with either a punch on your coffee card or by the AIBP, or pay-as-you-go...

The "adults" sundaes at Gelato's!

They have two listed, both have gelato, toppings and shot of liquor on them. One is frangelico and the other is Irish Cream. Delicious.

All are covered with either a punch on your coffee card or by the AIBP, or pay-as-you-go...

Have to try that Gelato's adults sundaes!

Love the menu and service at Alfredo's. Consider it especially on embarkation as you avoid the crowds at Horizon and the hassles as well as short hours of the MDR.

Remember for Gelato's you can get a sundae with 1 coffee card punch, except the "adult" sundaes which take 2 punches.

We got off the Royal last week and typically I am cold in the dining room and theater but not this time. Ditto for the escargot. Be sure and visit the International Cafe for breakfast and lunch!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the subject of Alfredo's: Does it really take 30-40 minutes for a pizza to arrive? I was told this by the host before I sat down, but I'm wondering if he was being truthful? I find it kind of hard to believe that a thin crust pizza would take so long.

On the subject of Alfredo's: Does it really take 30-40 minutes for a pizza to arrive? I was told this by the host before I sat down, but I'm wondering if he was being truthful? I find it kind of hard to believe that a thin crust pizza would take so long.

I remember more like 20-25 but we were never in any hurry when we ate there. If you expect a quick slice then this is not the place as each pizza is cooked to order. We generally start with a salad or appetizer so time to pizza was not a big factor and it felt more like a meal.

It's nice to know that the ship is warm so I won't have to pack sweaters. I'm looking forward to sampling all of your suggestions! I loved the chocolate molten lava cake they serve on Carnival. Is there something comparable on Princess?

I agree that the Royal does have better control over their air conditioning compared to the other Princess ships but I still bring my pashmina, just in case. You never know when a lounge will be chilly, especially for us older cruisers from Florida.

I remember more like 20-25 but we were never in any hurry when we ate there. If you expect a quick slice then this is not the place as each pizza is cooked to order. We generally start with a salad or appetizer so time to pizza was not a big factor and it felt more like a meal.

I wasn't expecting a quick slice (I got that at Prego) and I know that the pizzas are made to order, but I didn't think a thin crust pizza would take that long -- I was thinking more like 15-20 minutes.

If you don't want to go to the formal tea in the MDR Scones and Cream are served in the buffet at 330pm

Yes! That is one of my best secrets! All the cream you want. :D

Also, I am an eggplant freak so I can't wait to try the eggplant at Alfredo's. How is it prepared? Details, please!

It's nice to know that the ship is warm so I won't have to pack sweaters. I'm looking forward to sampling all of your suggestions! I loved the chocolate molten lava cake they serve on Carnival. Is there something comparable on Princess?

If you eat at the crown grill they have a chocolate lava cake that is the same, but that is the only place I have seen it.

Just got off the Royal. Found most of the venues a little chilly for me. Especially after being in the sun. I would bring a sweater just in case.

Would avoid the Red Snapper fish....was dry and fishy smelling both times I tried it and I'm not a picky eater. First time I returned a dinner ever!

The chocolate desserts by Chef Love are fantastic!

Love eating out on the back of deck 16.

The eggplant rollades in Alfredo's are my favorite! They are filled with angel hair spaghetti in a marinara sauce.

Two come with one order. Enjoy! Karen

Karen,

You are right about eggplant dish :) I think the same about it as you it's sooooooooo good. I can't wait to have it again at Alfredo's.

Tony

• 4 weeks later...