UK Onboard Booker

Hi

I am boarding Navigator at the end of the month. I am just about to book a Grand Suite on Allure for May 2018 - I am planning on booking with a US TA however booking perks arent great at the moment ($100 OBC) my question is if I wait and book onboard can I then as a UK resident transfer my booking to a US TA or will that get blocked as it will have been considered a U.K booking which I have made - Anyone have any first hand knowledge?

Thank you

I may be wrong, but I suspect that if you book onboard, your booking will be denominated in GBP, and that won't be able to be changed to USD in order to transfer to a US travel agent.

Hi

I am boarding Navigator at the end of the month. I am just about to book a Grand Suite on Allure for May 2018 - I am planning on booking with a US TA however booking perks arent great at the moment ($100 OBC) my question is if I wait and book onboard can I then as a UK resident transfer my booking to a US TA or will that get blocked as it will have been considered a U.K booking which I have made - Anyone have any first hand knowledge?

Thank you

They will definitely, positively not let you transfer a booking made in £'s even though the future cruise salespeople on board may try to tell you different.

Pete

If the cruise you are on was booked through your US TA, then the new booking will automatically go to the US TA.

That's exactly what happened to me last year on Independence. When I booked at Next Cruise I was offered to transfer the new booking to my existing US TA or have it at RCI UK. I went with US TA which I now regretted.

That's exactly what happened to me last year on Independence. When I booked at Next Cruise I was offered to transfer the new booking to my existing US TA or have it at RCI UK. I went with US TA which I now regretted.

Why regret it, you can cancel the booking with the US TA if a better deal comes up on the UK site. That's what I did for my cruise on Liberty next week, ended up getting a JS & free drinks package for the same price I would have paid for an E2 balcony & a drinks package.

Why regret it? If there is a better offer with a [emoji636] TA then just cancel the USA booking , get your deposit back and start again. That is the benefit of being able to book in either country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is my regret, I have found cheaper price with UK TA this year so I'm planning to push my Next Cruise with US TA into 2018. But that means I'm stuck with RCI for another year. I will reach Diamond after my 2017 cruise so hoping to go with X or another line in 2018 but with this Next Cruise I have I have to go with RCI again.

I paid extra deposit with my US TA along with the reduced deposit for onboard booking. Not sure how much deposit I can get back if I cancel.

I only cruise about once a year and I never get Next Cruise as I don't plan that far ahead but thought I try it last year and now I'm tied in.

That is my regret, I have found cheaper price with UK TA this year so I'm planning to push my Next Cruise with US TA into 2018. But that means I'm stuck with RCI for another year. I will reach Diamond after my 2017 cruise so hoping to go with X or another line in 2018 but with this Next Cruise I have I have to go with RCI again.

I paid extra deposit with my US TA along with the reduced deposit for onboard booking. Not sure how much deposit I can get back if I cancel.

I only cruise about once a year and I never get Next Cruise as I don't plan that far ahead but thought I try it last year and now I'm tied in.

If you are still before final payment you will get all your deposit back unless you took the OBC on the last cruise., otherwise you will just lose the amount of OBC you took. So you don't really lose out as you have already had that money back.

If you are still before final payment you will get all your deposit back unless you took the OBC on the last cruise., otherwise you will just lose the amount of OBC you took. So you don't really lose out as you have already had that money back.

It's before final payment and I have not taken any OBC. Will enquire with US TA if there is any penalty for cancelling.