Hump Cabin vs Corner Aft

We know that there are different likes for everyone. But, we were just wanting to know how a Corner Aft Balcony was vs. a Hump Cabin. We've sailed in a Hump Cabin before, but never a Corner Aft Balcony. We just found one and switched for our upcoming cruise, and was hoping we made the right decision.

We know that there are different likes for everyone. But, we were just wanting to know how a Corner Aft Balcony was vs. a Hump Cabin. We've sailed in a Hump Cabin before, but never a Corner Aft Balcony. We just found one and switched for our upcoming cruise, and was hoping we made the right decision.

Not all corner aft cabins are the same. It depends on the ship and what deck your corner aft is on. I would not take the ones that have a door instead of a sliding glass door. What ship and cabin number are we talking about?

Not all corner aft cabins are the same. It depends on the ship and what deck your corner aft is on. I would not take the ones that have a door instead of a sliding glass door. What ship and cabin number are we talking about?

Navigator, Dec 6, Room 6688.

Navigator, Dec 6, Room 6688.

These pictures on this website are older, but the balcony ones will give you an idea of the view from that cabin. Voyager class ships have a large area at the back of the ship and the lower you go, the more it affects your view. Personally, I love aft cabins, but I would stick with a hump over this particular aft.

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_6-E/gallery.html

We were on the Explorer aft deck 7, and I wouldn't book it again. I like to see the water, and with the blocked view, and the wide deck between the end of the balcony, and the end of the ship, it was a very obstructed view. We were in the middle of the aft though, so I think it is much worse then the corner balcony. You should have a better view, being able to look off to the side, out that nice big circular cut out!

I do like the bigger balconies back there though, but I wouldn't book the aft, on that class ship again, unless possibly the corner aft.

The crew area is on the back of deck 6, and they would go out there for their breaks, which didn't bother us at all.

I usually prefer hump cabins because of the convenience, and I'll be in one on my next cruise on Liberty. However, for my cruise next year on Radiance I got the opportunity to book a corner aft and jumped on it. The last time I was in a hump cabin on a Radiance class ship (Jewel), the noise from the Centrum each night was a bit much, and the fire doors didn't do enough to keep the noise out. I have no idea if noise will be a factor on the Freedom class but I guess I'll find out in a couple weeks :D

Thanks for everyone's reply. I think we are going to go ahead and jump on the Corner Aft Balcony. We have always wanted to try one, and can't pass up the opportunity. We might be sorry, but we have to try it for ourselves.... LOL. If we don't like it, we can always go back to our favorite place (hump cabins). Again, thank you for all your comments. Hopefully, we will like our choice.

We love a corner aft balcony, and try to book one when available. We feel that it is quieter, and love the view from the back of the ship.

Please come back after you sail to let us know how you liked it.

We have a Mid JS Hump ( 8th Deck ) on our first Oasis sailings in April of 2018 and our TA told me we picked a great spot so will see, but we normally go a mid ship JS on Radiance Class. We have seen Aft cabins and while I know many love them, it wasn't for us. We prefer to be more central and easier for DH. :)

We love a corner aft balcony, and try to book one when available. We feel that it is quieter, and love the view from the back of the ship.

Please come back after you sail to let us know how you liked it.

Thank you. We will try to do that. I am sure we are going to like it. We have always wanted to stay in one, and have heard that they are quite nice.