Tandoor (and Indian food in general) on the Carnival Magic

bUU

Do they serve lamb?

There was an Indian man on one of my cruises and he got the Indian dish every night and let others taste it. I thought it was horrible.

Lamb is available on the Non-Vegetarian Indian dinner entree. It's in rotation with the other Non-vegetarian options.

(Don't ask for the meat Indian, it confuses the hostesses.lol)

Only thing I haven't liked has been the eggplant, but I don't like any eggplant.

I'm willing to try anything once. Was so happy I had Tandoor on Dream, then Magic, and soon Pride!!!

Hate to burst your bubble but unless something has changed very recently that I'm not aware of - the Pride does not have Tandoor.

They have chopsticks (Chinese), Deli, Pizza, Guys, Blue Iguana, and the buffet.

I like it but a bit spicy for me so I tone it down with rice.

Always empty lunchtime so wonder how come they keep it as it is not very popular.

You are supposed to eat it with rice or naan. Of course, if you can eat it without any rice or naan, who's to tell you otherwise? Have it your way.

I really hope they extend the Tandoor to more ships. I will be choosing my next cruise based on ships which have the Tandoor; its nice to have a different and unique option for lunch. I can have pizza, burgers, hot dogs, french fries, etc. anytime. Its nice to have such an interesting dining option on the ships. By the way, I loved the butter chicken and the samosas.

Lamb is available on the Non-Vegetarian Indian dinner entree. It's in rotation with the other Non-vegetarian options.

(Don't ask for the meat Indian, it confuses the hostesses.lol)

Only thing I haven't liked has been the eggplant, but I don't like any eggplant.

More eggplant for me:):)

Tandoor is one of the reasons I selected the Splendor for our October cruise, I love Indian food and I'm probably going to have lunch there everyday.

For those of you that have experienced it on the Splendor or other ships, how spicy can they make it?

I like my food very spicy sometimes and find that most places version of spicy is actually a medium for me ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We sailed Splendor the week of 2/26. I chose Tandoor every day for lunch. It was delicious!!! I also like spicy food. What I thought was mild to medium, my friend wanted to gargle with milk after trying.

Regarding spiciness, there are lots of sauces available that you can add. I bet that if you ask the cooks they can give you some spices to make it more to you liking.

Enjoy.

I have never had Indian food, but since it will be included on our next cruise I will have to give it a try. I did read one post were they said it was a bit spicy so they used rice to tone it down. Me bring on the heat, oh wait if Indian heat is like Thai food heat maybe a little heat...LoL:eek:. I love the heat on food however the first time I got Thai food I was like the hottest you got. The waitress told me you better like hot? In fact she talked me into going 2 down from the hottest they had, and it was still was a little hotter then I like:mad:, I was not mad but I was that RED....LoL.

I have never had Indian food, but since it will be included on our next cruise I will have to give it a try. I did read one post were they said it was a bit spicy so they used rice to tone it down. Me bring on the heat, oh wait if Indian heat is like Thai food heat maybe a little heat...LoL:eek:. I love the heat on food however the first time I got Thai food I was like the hottest you got. The waitress told me you better like hot? In fact she talked me into going 2 down from the hottest they had, and it was still was a little hotter then I like:mad:, I was not mad but I was that RED....LoL.

They have different dishes every day so if you don't find something you like on the first day, don't be afraid to check it out the other days, you might find something you like. The heat is what makes it good. :)

I had no idea what Naan was so I just googled it, man it looks delish. I love flatbread, but forgetting New York bagels, that is just utter nonsense....LoL

Being originally from NY I can tell you that Naan is awesome and I could definitely forget a bagel or two when given the choice. The Naan on the Magic at Tandoor was warm, fresh and wonderful. :D

I had no idea what Naan was so I just googled it, man it looks delish. I love flatbread, but forgetting New York bagels, that is just utter nonsense....LoL
Being originally from NY I can tell you that Naan is awesome and I could definitely forget a bagel or two when given the choice. The Naan on the Magic at Tandoor was warm, fresh and wonderful. :D
To be fair, while the best naan is better than the best New York bagels, imho, the worst naan is worse than the worst Georgia bagel.

To be fair, while the best naan is better than the best New York bagels, imho, the worst naan is worse than the worst Georgia bagel.

Well, for comparison sake, the naan, while good, is not as good as Brick Lane's and the bagels on board are certainly a far cry from Eats-A 's.

Another reason to look forward to our cruise on the Dream next month (like I need one). My wife and I love Indian food. Our servers have told us that most of the cooks are Middle-Eastern, and this is the cuisine they know best.

I even passed up the lobsters in favor of the Indian dish in the MDR.

Absolutely LOVED the tandoor grill on breeze last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now book my cruioses based on whether or not there is a tandoor grill aboard (was Ticked to find that the vista doesn't have one ;-(

We had tried Indian food only once before and were not fond of it. But, once we found the Tandoor on the breeze we were there every day!.

• 1 month later...

I don't have anything to add other than to say the Tandoor on my last cruise was great. I just wanted to chime in and say how informative and positive this thread is!! such good info and people sharing it!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to some naan on the Magic February 2018 :-)

Another reason to look forward to our cruise on the Dream next month (like I need one). My wife and I love Indian food. Our servers have told us that most of the cooks are Middle-Eastern, and this is the cuisine they know best.

I even passed up the lobsters in favor of the Indian dish in the MDR.

Incorrect. Many of the chefs and line cooks are Indian, not Middle Eastern.