Offers on transatlantic

cshim

Hi,

I am looking to book a transatlantic cruise with Celebrity November next year. Do Celebrity ever do offers (e.g. drinks packages, OBC, etc.) on these cruises? If so, when is the best time to book?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am looking to book a transatlantic cruise with Celebrity November next year. Do Celebrity ever do offers (e.g. drinks packages, OBC, etc.) on these cruises? If so, when is the best time to book?

Thanks.

They used to. Hardly ever anymore.

Mike

The key here is if they DO offer it, you pay for it.

It is that simple. Drink packages, OBC, etc. are not "free". We book only group rates (which do not include perks) and see first hand how much you are paying for those perks.

Trans-atlantic cruises are considered to be re-positoning cruises, and Celebrity rarely offers perks such as beverage packages and so forth on re-positioning cruises. I one time had a discussion about re-positioning cruises with one of the onboard future cruise sales staff, and was told that these cruises are already so discounted that there was no need to offer incentives.

Do not expect to find any perks for the transatlantics. With one less ship being repositioned to and from Europe this year (Equinox), there is greater demand on fewer cabins being offered. Transatlantic cruises are sailing full, and I suggest you book your cruise well in advance of the sailing, unless you are willing to sail in any category, in any location on the ship.

Once you are on the Transatlantic, you can speak with one of the future sales representatives and you may be able to get Celebrity paid gratuities for booking an ocean view or higher category, and some small amount of obc for a future cruise. This was offered occasionally in the past, but there is no guarantee that the offer will be repeated this year.

Be aware that if you book a cruise in Dollars or Euros that you will be subject to the fluctuations of the currency conversion rate prevalent at the time of payment. With our pending exit from the EU causing instability in the value of the pound, you may not get the bargain you expected. I am booked on the November 18 cruise on Silhouette and received no perks. I have some American friends who received OBC through their travel agent. It's a gamble booking in a foreign currency. If the pound was strong and the price was right, you could pay in full I suppose. I note that in a post somewhere, someone has booked a cruise through Celebrity's Spanish site and it was a lot cheaper for them, but again you would be gambling on the end cost unless you pay in full now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Trans-atlantic cruises are considered to be re-positoning cruises, and Celebrity rarely offers perks such as beverage packages and so forth on re-positioning cruises. I one time had a discussion about re-positioning cruises with one of the onboard future cruise sales staff, and was told that these cruises are already so discounted that there was no need to offer incentives.

They used to be discounted, but not anymore. Pricing for TA went up about 30% in comparison with 2013 sailings. I am not talking price drops after final payment. I am holding a booking for April, 2018 TA and 2D price is what I paid for A2 in 2013.

On TAs there are so many sea days where people tend to drink more plus the fares are discounted. I don't think you'll find perks - certainly not beverage packages.

You may be lucky if Celebrity UK have a promotion, which I found during the summer of 2013 for our Oct TA. There was a beverage package offered, so I rang Celebrity as I had booked direct. I had to cancel and rebook at 'Today's price.' The first time I rang the price was + £300p.p. A few weeks later I actually changed from a balcony to a FV at the same time for + £100p.p.

Many people on here had told me there wern't drinks packages offered on TA's.

I proved them wrong.