Using the Theatre on formal evenings

emel2

The upside of first seating dinner is that it becomes clear a little after 8:00 that you're interfering with the setup for second seating.

Yes. Must agree there. I can understand on a TA that the early seating works but on port cruises excursions aren't coming back until well after 6pm - last night at 6.45 so timing is an issue.

Last night we did exactly as above - we will always be the first to leave I think!

The upside of first seating dinner is that it becomes clear a little after 8:00 that you're interfering with the setup for second seating.

Indeed, recently on QM2, Sydney to HK. On 6pm sitting, table of 11 in Britannia Restaurant. All table mates were pretty on time and on the odd occasion some did excuse themselves before the rest were ready to leave, in order to get a show seat etc. I did notice our two waiters getting a little impatient when the table did not empty by 8pm. But nice about it . Fair enough they have to reset for 8.30pm sitting.:halo:

Back to the dress code for just a moment. I think men have a much easier time making sense of the rules. My DH just bought his first tux in preparation for our 2018 21 day cruise--and may I say, "WOW! He looks great!"--so he's all set. He has several nice dark suits, sports coats and a plethora of ties to choose from on informal nights.

But for the ladies...the rules are more than a little fuzzy. I have nothing resembling a ball gown, though I'm on the lookout for one for the Black and White night. I was hoping to be able to find one with long sheath style dress and a white jacket so I can wear other sparkly and more colorful tops with the black dress on other formal nights. Is it wrong to plan on formal separates like this?

Back to the dress code for just a moment.

But for the ladies...the rules are more than a little fuzzy. I have nothing resembling a ball gown, though I'm on the lookout for one for the Black and White night. I was hoping to be able to find one with long sheath style dress and a white jacket so I can wear other sparkly and more colorful tops with the black dress on other formal nights. Is it wrong to plan on formal separates like this?

Found a photo that may help. You can Google "QM2 formal night" for many that are bigger.

Cheers!

1777790618_formalnight005crp.jpg.91537113c7cd70a8a40cb7cf908a9161.jpg

You don't have to wear a ball gown and of course you can wear separates. This is from Cunard's website:

Formal:

Evening wear consists of an evening or cocktail dress or smart trouser suit for ladies.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/dress_code

:)