Oasis - How do you stay in touch with your onboard travel party?

Cruising on Oasis in May. It is our first RC cruise since 1990 and excited to try out the big ship! Traveling with my husband and also two other adult kids who are staying in another cabin. What are the options to staying connected? Thanks!

Cruising on Oasis in May. It is our first RC cruise since 1990 and excited to try out the big ship! Traveling with my husband and also two other adult kids who are staying in another cabin. What are the options to staying connected? Thanks!

If you cannot use the conventional methods (stateroom phone, notes, pre-planning), you can buy VOOM for all phones and use internet based texting.

It's really not that hard, set up check in times during the day and talk about your plans. If things change leave notes or messages on cabin phones. We use breakfast and dinner as our check in times normally. For teens we add a few times during the day on sea days.

We tried walkie talkies once years ago and they were more of an annoyance to us as ghey rarely worked. We prefer not to have to carry electronics around with us especially when doing water activities. Less to worry about.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

We just got off Oasis about a month or so ago and we used walkie talkies. There were times when they didn't work.. but for the most part they worked well. We tried to keep the volume down so the squelch didn't bother others. Other than that we told our kids where they could find us otherwise and it worked pretty well. I also brought sticky notes and left notes in their room. There was only a few times when we didn't know where they were but eventually we found each other. We also made sure we met for supper every day. It worked out.

The cost of the texting option is $7.95 per phone per cruise. you'll see the option when you get on the ship and you register your cabin number. Cheapest way for constant contact.

The cost of the texting option is $7.95 per phone per cruise. you'll see the option when you get on the ship and you register your cabin number. Cheapest way for constant contact.

That option is not available on Oasis. It is only on Harmony and Quantum class ships.

Talk to your family at meals...tell each other your plans....It's really not THAT hard to find each other, if you have an idea of where they will be! TALKING is the best way to communicate! You can also leave messages on the cabin phones, if your plans change.

We use magnetic eraser boards. We put one on the outside door of each cabin of our travel companions. (we are always next door to each other)We leave each other notes as to where we will be. We also have left notes for our cabin steward as to something we need.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you for this so if the 11 of us pay $7.95 each we have the ability to text just each other for the duration of the cruise, is that correct? Does it work well or is it very delayed?

Thank you.

Talk to your family at meals...tell each other your plans....It's really not THAT hard to find each other, if you have an idea of where they will be! TALKING is the best way to communicate! You can also leave messages on the cabin phones, if your plans change.

cb is right, not that hard Just communicate

We traveled with our daughter and husbands Sister a couple years ago, and the evening before, we planned our day out and had a central meeting time & location worked out and no extra cost. If the daughter & I went to an activity, DH kept an extra Compass so he knew where we were going to be at a certain time and we knew where he was at. Husband Sister many times did her own thing but we still met up at a named location. Next April on the Oasis cruise, we are 5 rooms apart. We are a family of 5 this time.

Thank you for this so if the 11 of us pay $7.95 each we have the ability to text just each other for the duration of the cruise, is that correct? Does it work well or is it very delayed?

Thank you.

Correct, but this is only available on Quantum class ships and Harmony.

If you have a WiFi package you can internet message like suggested. I-message or some other ap. We travel with teens and allow them a certain amount of latitude- so there is an on-call adult and 'team leader' for the teens who have to have phones on and messaging enabled for the time in question. Otherwise most plans are made at dinner, and notes left in cabins.