Dear Mr. Frank Del Rio, you have a problem.

donnasworld

you may not FEEL your health is at risk, but it is.

with your "medical professional" background, you should know that.

The risk is greatly overemphasizes it... you dont hear much about auto exhaust, radon, PCB's, hydrocarbons, lead, selenimum, asbestos, contributing as much or more...

You may not smoke but how many hours a week do you sit in stop and go traffic? did you know that C0 will get into the body 400 times faster than O2 ?

Have a basement? ever check it for radon?????

Smoking is also a political issue just as much as a medical... Yes there is a risk...but it is just one of many we face just as bad ..and we all decide how we deal with our own risk management...

How,about the diesel fumes from the funnels , especially with a following wind , and zero wind apparent ! What nasty stuff does that contain

But in reality , I dare say any risks would be indeed be small, cig smoke or derv emmisons in comparison to that experienced,in the average city street. Its all about risk assessment tempered with a bit of common sense !

Smoking in the designated areas doesn't bother me, and We're both non smokers. But I bet we wouldn't lose a single passenger nor crew member if the ship went MSG free!

I agree with you. I didn't even know they used it. They didn't on our last cruise with Europa 2 (Hapag-LLoyd). How do I know? My feet swell when MSG is used. It was really bad in Vietnam. I had never before experienced anything like it.

My wife doesn't like going near Jacques. MSG City = a migraine for her. We asked a waitress who basically said "avoid all sauces, gravy, and House made salad dressings ". But then she said even the meats may have it as a marinade. Then she said "be careful in Red Ginger also".

For me, consuming the crap is like being feed Speed, for my wife it's massive migraine. On O's part, it's just cheap flavor enhancement. I'd gladly pay extra up front for my part of the $10 or so they save by using the crap. Of course, the 70% or so of the population that it doesn't affect may have a different view.

well I never knew they used MSG

I do have a problem with it but we request sodium free or low sodium meals so maybe they leave out the MSG

I have not had a problem on O with migraines or my legs swelling since doing the sodium free option

Do agree that the smoking permeates other areas. It definitely affects the sun chair area on the main deck. Cigar smoking is definitely worse than cigarette smoking. I agree that they could do more to enclose the smoking areas. My husband has mentioned this a few times. We have cruised with Oceania many, many times and we love them but the smoking area does cause a problem.

I will not address the smoking issue. It has been beaten to death. I am a non-smoker. I am married to a smoker.

With regard to Denge, I think that the onus is on the traveler to investigate the health risks associated with the places they plan to travel, BEFORE they travel. This allows them to take whatever precautions necessary to keep them safe and healthy - get the recommended immunizations, bring insect repellent, bring adequate sunscreen, etc.

I think you all forget we get a lot of Europeans on the ship and they all smoke...

Not any more. My last three cruises were on European ships (Ponant, Mein Schiff, Hapag-Lloyd) and few passengers smoked.

Edited by Floridiana