Robes on RCL

Hi all...we are taking our first RCL cruise tomorrow on Serenade of the Seas. Our previous cruises were on Celebrity and HAL. Both those lines had robes in the cabin, and I was wondering if RCL provides robes. We are in an E1 cabin if there are only certain cabins that get them. Thanks for any help.

We just returned from our Serenade cruise last week. When we met our cabin stewart the first day I asked him if we can have two robes and they were provided to us the first evening. We were in a balcony room but not a suite.

If you ask, I'm sure they will be happy to accomodate you.

Serenade is a beautiful ship and we loved the itinerary.

Have a great cruise. :)

Robes are provided to guests in suites and to Platinum and higher Crown and Anchor members regardless of their room category. If you are a member of Celebrity's Captain's Club, you may have enough Celebrity cruises to qualify for RCI's Platinum status. Check it out. If not, ask your room steward when you meet on the first day and he or she may be able to accommodate you.

We were on the Mariner last week and we are just gold members and were in a plain old balcony room and I nicely asked our room steward if we could have 2 robes if he had any extra. When we returned to the room after dinner they were waiting for us! I figure it doesn't hurt to ask, all they can say is no. If they have extras after the diamond members, platnium members, and those in suites have theirs I'm sure they will be happy to try and accomodate you. :)

My parents, Bro, sis-in-law, dh, ds, ds, dd and I are in a 3 lowly oceanview cabins in June. My parents are celebrating their 50th anniversary. Do you think they would allow my folks to have robes? Hope it's not asking too much! Whatayathink?:confused:

Carnival - Carnivale 1983 :eek:

Disney Magic 2004 :cool:

Mariner Of The Seas 2006 ;)

It never hurts to ask, at the worst they will say no or there are none available. We were on the Sovereign onece in a plain old oceanview, gold members & I asked for robes, the girl said she wasn't sure if there were any left but if so she would be happy to give us 2. When we came back from dinner there they were on the bed.

This past year my parents & I were in a JS on the Empress, I'm platinum now so am "eligible" for the robe. The room steward brought 2, only problem there are 3 of us in the room. I asked him nicely if we could have another robe. He acted like I was asking for HIS personal robe & proceeded to tell me they were only for Platinum & Diamond members & he should have only gave me 1 to begin with. I said fine, no problem, my parents will share since that's the case. When we got back from dinner a 3rd robe was in the room, it wasn't a nice thick terry cloth one but one of the thinner waffle type. No biggie, at least we did get another robe, just didn't really understand his attitude. A simple, sorry we don't have anymore would have been fine.

We were on the Mariner of the Seas two weeks ago. E1 balcony cabin. We asked out attendant if we could have robes first day and sure enough, we got them same day. No problem. We are also only C&A Gold. Go for it.

Your cabin steward will try to accomodate you you. Just remeber to tip nicely for them. On our last Mariner cruise, a suite room steward was complaining that the other stewards had snatched most of the robes to provide for requests. They will certainly try to have them available for you:)

I just read the thread above, and it sounds like RCCL will provide robes on request!

The main point is that most people don't know about the robes. CC'ers are able to pass on the message, and the ships are able to accomodate the CC'ers. Maybe just keep this to ourselves, or the robes may become scarce!!:D

Rick

We get them anyway rubrrick, and it does sound like they will try to provide them on request. I remember on Viking Serenade, way back, that there were robes in every cabin and a pajama party one evening. Probably shows my age. Do you remember the champagne towers, too?:)

Got to ask a question about these robes. I know from experience when hotel robes are provided but quite honestly do you really wear them especially if your cruise is in the Caribbean or Med where the weather is so hot.

I love cuddling up in one at home especially on dark cold winter evenings but they are so fluffy and heavy that I am not sure whether I could wear one on holiday.

I usually lounge around on holiday, especially when it is hot, in a pair of short pyjamas and shoe string top.

WHat does everyone else do with the robes.

WHat does everyone else do with the robes.

I like to put one on right after I get out of the shower, kind of like a big wearable towel.

So..I'm in a inside Cat L. I am C&A, but only one previous cruise. If i ask my steward Stuart for a robe in my stateroom do i stand a good chance of getting one?

Archived