Question re: NCL Drink Package

terri910

We have arranged a group cruise for four upcoming NCL cruises (in the autumn of 2018)...as a group, we were able to choose two from a list of different perks, one of which was a free dink package. We have never chosen this perk before because we don't drink a lot and the 18% charged each day didn't make economic sense for us. But THIS time, even the 18% charge has been waived, so we decided that we would choose that as one of our perks.

The thing is....since we never have bothered with it before, we are not certain what, if any, restrictions there might be on it. Are there certain types of drinks that are NOT included in the drink package?

I read somewhere that the Tasting events are not included...which is fine, since as I said, it isn't like we are big drinkers. But are we restricted to beer and wine? Maybe only certain beers? How about mixed drinks?

Thanks in advance for any info!

We have arranged a group cruise for four upcoming NCL cruises (in the autumn of 2018)...as a group, we were able to choose two from a list of different perks, one of which was a free dink package. We have never chosen this perk before because we don't drink a lot and the 18% charged each day didn't make economic sense for us. But THIS time, even the 18% charge has been waived, so we decided that we would choose that as one of our perks.

The thing is....since we never have bothered with it before, we are not certain what, if any, restrictions there might be on it. Are there certain types of drinks that are NOT included in the drink package?

I read somewhere that the Tasting events are not included...which is fine, since as I said, it isn't like we are big drinkers. But are we restricted to beer and wine? Maybe only certain beers? How about mixed drinks?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Click on the promo on NCL.com. Read the Terms and Conditions. All information you need is right there.

Spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and our private island, Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

Spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and our private island, Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

That is partial information. There are more restrictions to the UBP. Like ColinIllinois said, reads the T&C's for complete info.

This hits the highlights. Don't think you'll find any beers over the limit, we didn't notice any wines by the glass over the limit. Most mixed drinks and specialty cocktails will be covered. Up to $15 is covered and you are charged the difference if you order anything over $15. The tastings, flights, bottles of wine, and buckets of beer aren't covered; along with bottles of water, specialty coffee, anything in the minibar and anything delivered by room service. Also souvenir cups aren't covered at all (so a DOD in a souvenir cup, you'll get the DOD covered but they'll charge you $8-$10 for the cup; can order without the cup for free)

We just got back from a NCL and we had the unlimited drink plant and it was AWESOME! We aren't big drinkers either, and we didn't care about the tastings or special events. The drink package is basically any drink on board....any mixed drink, including blended drinks. We also got many "virgin" pina coladas, mud slides, and daiquiris with the drink plan. Most drinks on board are $8-$12 so you shouldn't run into any problems. If you order a drink that is over $15 (I believe a few at the martini bar are) then you only pay the difference. In no way are you limited to just domestic beer, house wine, and spirits. You will be surprised at how many different drinks you can get with your package, including all "drink of the day". Definitely a perk, even if you get one or two drinks a day.

Hi. I'm also on a sailing in the fall of 2018 and have the drink package and the 18 percent on it included. We're sailing on the Dawn on 10/26/18. I'm interested to find out what ship and sailing date you're on.

Well.....we have booked back to back to back to back cruises all on the NCL Star. :o Starting Oct. 28th (I think), we have an 8-day Adriatic beginning in Venice, ending up in Rome. Then a 14-day Trans-Atlantic from Rome to Miami. Then an 11-day southern Caribbean Miami back to Miami, and then a 14-day Panama Canal from Miami to Los Angeles.

Anybody interested in any of those, we still have cabins available and the perks for the group ARE awesome! (the other perk we chose is free gratuities, which is significant on these longer cruises!!)

Just off Breakaway with UBP. Wine was OK, not great. I liked the Cabernet but not the Pinot noir. My favorite drink are my espresso martini's (no Baily's please) and I had to pay $3.45 (plus I tipped 1 to 2$ extra) each for these. They were so worth it.

Wow, sounds like an amazing trip. Great that you got a group for it, saving $2,500 per cabin just off the gratuities!! Would love to do something like that if I could get that much time off of work (yeah, no way would that happen).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey,

The things that surprised me that weren't included were:

Bottled water,

Tea/coffee from the atrium,

Energy drinks.

There is a $15 limit as everybody has said above, I've never hit that though. I really enjoyed the package.

I'm not normally a big drinker but the Mango meltdown and raspberry mojitos were incredible!!

I've written about my experience with it here if you're interested in reading, lots of photos of drinks to make you thirsty too [emoji39][emoji39] http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/09/10/ncls-ubp/ (I totally get that you can just read the terms, but I normally prefer to hear from people who have used the package) [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums