Summit Aqua Class / Blu question

mikat77

Hi everyone,

We are so excited, we just booked Summit 1140 A1 Aqua Class suite for Christmas 2018! Our sons will be across the hall in an interior room. So my question has to do with dining at Blu. I know that our dining "location" is Blu, but I assume our children would not be able to dine with us? Is there a dining room where we will al be able to dine together? In particular, I'm thinking of Christmas dinner. Many nights my oldest will be happy to eat at Oceanview Cafe, but my preteen in quite the foodie and could love to have dinner with us on many nights.

Any information would be appreciated!

Just want to throw my 2 cents in....you will love 1140 and there will be opportunities to eat room service breakfast on the balcony with your sons if you so choose.

Isn't there also the possibility that you could ask your maitre d if your sons could join you in Blu for Christmas? I'm pretty sure I've read on her that guests have been allowed to dine in Blu but there may be a fee included?????

Only suites or Aqua may dine in Blu.

There used to be a fee for suites but I haven't heard of that in ages.

Whether the Maitre D would break that rule on Christmas Day?

I guess I'd depends on if he feels "grinchy" but I'd wager the answer is still NO

Christmas sounds like a perfect time for a specialty to me

Only suites or Aqua may dine in Blu.

There used to be a fee for suites but I haven't heard of that in ages.

Whether the Maitre D would break that rule on Christmas Day?

I guess I'd depends on if he feels "grinchy" but I'd wager the answer is still NO

Christmas sounds like a perfect time for a specialty to me

Suites but only if there is availability. They have Luminae.

Wherever they eat, I hope they have a wonderful Christmas meal together. MDR will probably put on a nice spread.

Isn't there also the possibility that you could ask your maitre d if your sons could join you in Blu for Christmas? I'm pretty sure I've read on her that guests have been allowed to dine in Blu but there may be a fee included?????

I am curious as to where "midwesternchick" read that guests are allowed in Blu. There are several policies which are strictly enforced throughout the Celebrity fleet, and one of those policies is that Blu is limited to Aqua Class passengers with Suite passengers allowed on a space available basis. Non-Aqua passengers are not allowed to dine in Blu even if their Aqua passenger hosts could pay a fee.

Thank you to everyone for the information! So since we cannot eat in Blu with the boys, will we be able to make reservations in the MDR with them in advance? We are used to having a set dining time on Disney, Royal, and HAL, so this is all most helpful to know.

Thank you to everyone for the information! So since we cannot eat in Blu with the boys, will we be able to make reservations in the MDR with them in advance? We are used to having a set dining time on Disney, Royal, and HAL, so this is all most helpful to know.

It's our first time in Aqua too, but I was told, just show up for MDR, you can all eat together

I am curious as to where "midwesternchick" read that guests are allowed in Blu. There are several policies which are strictly enforced throughout the Celebrity fleet, and one of those policies is that Blu is limited to Aqua Class passengers with Suite passengers allowed on a space available basis. Non-Aqua passengers are not allowed to dine in Blu even if their Aqua passenger hosts could pay a fee.

I cannot remember if it was on one of my roll calls or the general forum but I'm sure someone was allowed to bring guests one evening to dine with them. Possibly the Maitre D's hand was greased...who knows?

I cannot remember if it was on one of my roll calls or the general forum but I'm sure someone was allowed to bring guests one evening to dine with them. Possibly the Maitre D's hand was greased...who knows?

This appears to be one policy that is actually strictly enforced. Have also read of people trying to "grease" someone and were strictly told no.

What I would do is change the boys to Select Dining. Then link your 2 cruise reservations together. You can make Select Dining reservation for all evenings ahead of time online or through your TA. What ever you plan on doing. When you get on board talk to the MDR Maitre D. As Blu is closed.