Show on Getaway

Flossygirl

Hello, we understand that there are two current shows on Getaway - Burn the Floor and Million Dollar Quartet. We intend to book ourselves in to those shows. We have not cruised on the Norwegian line before. My question is, what are the times that the "every day" shows are on so we can book ourselves into our specialty dinners and not miss anything? We love the evening shows and they are one of the highlights of our cruises. Do they change every night like on other cruise lines? We assume they are in the show/theatre. Can anyone help with what is on during our cruise and when? We are on the Baltics cruise leaving on 16 May - not long now!! Your help is greatly appreciated! :D

We did the early times for both the shows earlier this month. I think it was at 7. I believe the later one is at 9:30. We did our dinner reservations for 5 each night and had plenty time to enjoy our meal and get good seats for the shows. Both of those shows are great. Have seen them twice and would definitely see them again. We also did Illisionarium this time and it was ok but not something we will do again. Someone had told us paying for one of the specialty restaurants and seeing one of the free shows was a better way to spend your evening but we had to see for ourselves. But that could just be us. And them. Enjoy your trip on the Getaway. It is a beautiful ship and we found the staff very friendly.

Hello, we understand that there are two current shows on Getaway - Burn the Floor and Million Dollar Quartet. We intend to book ourselves in to those shows. We have not cruised on the Norwegian line before. My question is, what are the times that the "every day" shows are on so we can book ourselves into our specialty dinners and not miss anything? We love the evening shows and they are one of the highlights of our cruises. Do they change every night like on other cruise lines? We assume they are in the show/theatre. Can anyone help with what is on during our cruise and when? We are on the Baltics cruise leaving on 16 May - not long now!! Your help is greatly appreciated! :D

Those are the "every day shows" in the main theater. You should have booked them 90 days prior to cruise date and booked your dinners around them.

Prime time dinners and shows will sell out

The cruise you are on is slightly longer than the normal Geataway cruise, so you'll need to watch your freestyle daily for other entertainment.

On a 7 day cruise, the main theater has:

A welcome show with previews of all the shows

2 nights of Burn the Floor

A comedy show (there are smaller comedy shows elsewhere throughout the week)

2 nights of Million Dollar Quartet

A farewell show

A longer cruise may offer additional nights of the main shows or other unique shows.

Nobody can tell what the other shows will be. The Getaway has never done a nine 9 cruise in the Baltics. They're mostly all at the same time nightly. You're within 90 days, so can book MDQ and Burn the Floor now. The rest of the cruise will be the other shows.

Thank you for the info! Ready to book! I also heard that the Illisionarium is not a must see.

How was your debarkation from the Getaway? I have heard that is takes hours of long lines and it was horrible, causing people to miss their early flights.

Thank you for the info! Ready to book! I also heard that the Illisionarium is not a must see.

How was your debarkation from the Getaway? I have heard that is takes hours of long lines and it was horrible, causing people to miss their early flights.

The debarkation, again who knows. You'll be getting off in Copenhagen I'm guessing. We've never cruised from there with the Getaway. You also won't be seeing Illusionairium. It's been closed. It will be replaced by another Cirque show some time in May.

I have seen cirque shows on Epic and Breakaway many times on different voyages .....highly recommend them ....all different ..all amazing ..costumes . Trapeze artists, contortionists etc etc etc ....I loved all the shows absolutely phenomenal ...pay the price do not miss them .....

I have seen cirque shows on Epic and Breakaway many times on different voyages .....highly recommend them ....all different ..all amazing ..costumes . Trapeze artists, contortionists etc etc etc ....I loved all the shows absolutely phenomenal ...pay the price do not miss them .....

I definitely preferred the cirque show on the Epic to the Illusionarium on Getaway. OP, if the cirque show has started by the time you sail....don't miss it :D

The debarkation, again who knows. You'll be getting off in Copenhagen I'm guessing. We've never cruised from there with the Getaway. You also won't be seeing Illusionairium. It's been closed. It will be replaced by another Cirque show some time in May.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's the port but a Getaway problem. I'm really worried about the long lines.

Wow, I'd love to see a Cirque Show. Is your info correct?

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's the port but a Getaway problem. I'm really worried about the long lines.

Wow, I'd love to see a Cirque Show. Is your info correct?

First off I hate people who respond to questions when they really don't know. Here's the link from the NCL site.

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-expands-cirque-dreams-and-dinner-entertainment-experience

Second,. We've been on the Getaway 3 times. We've always used early walk off. It's never taken us more than 45 minutes from cabin to cab. It's not a Getaway problem. You'll here the same thing about NYC. They don't own the ports.

Thank you for the link! :) Sorry, if I upset you. I may sign up to see it.

I've been reading on CC about the nightmares of getting off the Getaway. I read that a family missed their NCL bus to the airport and had to take a taxi. They are asking NCL to refund them their transportation fee. The posts are just upsetting. Of course we have no idea how it'll be in Copenhagen.

According to the NCL Press Release, the Cirque Dreams show premieres on the Getaway on the 16 May cruise. I'm hoping that there are previews for us on the transatlantic! https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-expands-cirque-dreams-and-dinner-entertainment-experience

No idea. I wouldn't bank it though. If you can't log in and reserve it, I'd think they were still modifying the venue. You don't even know if those performers will be on board until you arrive in Europe. The best of luck with it though. You'll have to let us know.

First off I hate people who respond to questions when they really don't know. Here's the link from the NCL site.

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-expands-cirque-dreams-and-dinner-entertainment-experience

Second,. We've been on the Getaway 3 times. We've always used early walk off. It's never taken us more than 45 minutes from cabin to cab. It's not a Getaway problem. You'll here the same thing about NYC. They don't own the ports.

I've been on the Getaway twice and the Escape once in the last two years. I suggest you read some recent reviews and trip reports for the GA. They absolutely have a *ship-side* disembark problem and people are talking about it with every single sailing right now. People are standing in lines than double back along the entire length of deck 7 and block the elevators, sometimes for 1-2 hours. This has been reported as recently as last Sunday's disembark.

People do not report lines at customs, once they've been beeped off. It's not a port or customs problem.

I've been on the Getaway twice and the Escape once in the last two years. I suggest you read some recent reviews and trip reports for the GA. They absolutely have a *ship-side* disembark problem and people are talking about it with every single sailing right now. People are standing in lines than double back along the entire length of deck 7 and block the elevators, sometimes for 1-2 hours. This has been reported as recently as last Sunday's disembark.

People do not report lines at customs, once they've been beeped off. It's not a port or customs problem.

All I can report on is what I've seen. We've cruised out of Miami 6 times in the last couple years and twice out of NYC. Once we had a problem in NYC. the lines were standing on the decks outside the ship trying to get into the terminal. There was one lady standing at the one usable escalator in the terminal, making sure making not too many people got on at the same time. NOT an NCL problem. The other times, we've gotten off with no problems. I'm not making it up. those are our experiences.

This was our experience during Getaway disembarkation (Miami) in November. We were in line on the ship for over 1 1/2 hours. Once we stepped foot off the ship, lines moved very quickly. I don't know what caused this but that line on the ship was crazy

Regarding disembarkation.

The procedure in Miami is very different from a European disembarkation. There is a immigration desk that you have to pass, and both times I have sailed into Miami there has been a queue for that desk. The ship appears to try to control the speed that people leave in order to limit those queues.

In Europe there will be no such thing. I have disembarked in European ports (including Copenhagen) many times and you just walk off the ship, pick up your bags if necessary, and walk out. The total amount of time we have spent going through customs or immigration in European ports is zero. In the US, it has been between 30 minutes and two hours each time.

Some of the problems that the Getaway is currently experiencing may be caused by ship side problems, but the whole structure of the shore side part of the disembarkation process is totally different in Europe and I would be amazed if there were any problems at all in Copenhagen.

Edited by KeithJenner

Thank you very much Keith! Your post has just made my stress level, about my cruise, go down a few notches! :D

What you say does make sense. I was on another thread concerning the horrible disembarkation, on the Getaway, and I believe they were speaking about Miami.

Getaway has moved to Copenhagen and hopefully what you said is true. I have a flight at noon and plan to walk off as early as possible.

Sailed on the Getaway March 5-12. Disembarkation wasn't that big of a deal for us. We had a 4:05 pm flight out of Fort Lauderdale and had booked the NCL shuttle pre cruise. We were the last color called about 40 minutes past the time we were originally told. We ate breakfast and hung out on the sundeck until our color was called. The line was pretty long but it seemed to move pretty fast. I'd guess that after our color was called we were on the bus maybe 30 minutes later. Got to our shuttle and made it to the airport in plenty of time. I understand people wanting to get off the ship early but, to me, if you can leave later do it. Just makes the last day less stressful. Found our bags right away (as we were one of the last groups off and there weren't many bags left) and got through customs in a matter of a couple of minutes. Of course getting off in Europe could be a totally different story but I would still schedule a late disembark time if you can. Just my personal preference.

Hi Flossygirl, Since the Getaway is sailing the Baltics, for the first time this Spring, information has been scarce. You should be able to get the info on the NCL website. Go into the My NCL and sign in. One piece of good news, is that the Cirque Dream is coming to the Getaway.

Sorry the thread got off topic.

thank you very much keith! Your post has just made my stress level, about my cruise, go down a few notches! :d

what you say does make sense. I was on another thread concerning the horrible disembarkation, on the getaway, and i believe they were speaking about miami.

Getaway has moved to copenhagen and hopefully what you said is true. I have a flight at noon and plan to walk off as early as possible.

we have a noon departure a well! Things better go smoothly...........