WiFi and Hub app clarification

Mawamw

1. The WiFi prices are per device right?

2. Is there a free Internet Cafe on board for checking email?

3. I know the Hub app has private messaging for $5 (per device, entire cruise), but doesn't have a free group chat as well?

Thanks!

Wifi is not per device, you pay once and any of your devices can use it... but only ONE at a time.

There is an internet hub but it isn't free except for Carnival sites.

Hub doesn't support the chat function unless you pay the $5 per day fee... pay per device.

Wifi is not per device, you pay once and any of your devices can use it... but only ONE at a time.

Hub doesn't support the chat function unless you pay the $5 per day fee... pay per device.

Got it, thank you

I thought the Hub chat function was $5 for the cruise not each day.

The Hub App is $5 PER DEVICE for the cruise. NOT PER DAY.

Edit: That $5 is for the chat feature on the Hub App, the actual app is free.

i'm pretty sure you can pay per folio number (not per cabin) so that you and your SO or kids can be on at the same time with different devices. of course that costs more than just paying once and getting on one device at a time.

The Hub App is $5 PER DEVICE for the cruise. NOT PER DAY.

Edit: That $5 is for the chat feature on the Hub App, the actual app is free.

Hey Tek- thanks for the correction- I didn't realize it was for the entire cruise! Good to know!

I put the app on my phone, so when do you add the $5 chat feature? At GS on board? Prior to boarding? From your device on board?

After you get on board

Note the "I'm on board, log me in" when you launch it.

No need to go to Guest Services :eek: (can you imagine if everyone who wanted to use the HUB app had to go to Guest Services)

i'm pretty sure you can pay per folio number (not per cabin) so that you and your SO or kids can be on at the same time with different devices. of course that costs more than just paying once and getting on one device at a time.

nope, unless you buy additional wifi packages

1. The WiFi prices are per device right?

2. Is there a free Internet Cafe on board for checking email?

3. I know the Hub app has private messaging for $5 (per device, entire cruise), but doesn't have a free group chat as well?

Thanks!

1. Be sure to check the internet plan prices on day one. You can get a discount if you purchase a plan on day one for the entire cruise.

3. You have to pay the $5 per device to use the chat feature at all, but it's to my understanding that once you do, you can message a single person or multiple people at the same time (as long as they purchased chat too).

nope, unless you buy additional wifi packages

Coevan we are saying the exact same thing. Each person has their own folio number. You can buy multiple wifi packages so everyone in your cabin can use their own device.

just got off the vista 2 weeks ago, hub app is free download, once on ship u goto airplane mode on your cell, then follow carnivals steps for the free onboard wifi, which gives you limited access to ship only features...

its $5 per person for entire cruise to use the hub app chat feature( I had to goto service desk to add my daughter, as she didnt have any spending limit allowed on her folio) ., and you can add any passengers to you "contact list" to message them if they also have the chat feature set-up

on the vista they had 3 internet packages, i forget the price but the cheapest version was $35 entire cruise (8 days)but got you a limited selection of websites,

• 8 months later...
1. Be sure to check the internet plan prices on day one. You can get a discount if you purchase a plan on day one for the entire cruise.

3. You have to pay the $5 per device to use the chat feature at all, but it's to my understanding that once you do, you can message a single person or multiple people at the same time (as long as they purchased chat too).

You no longer get a discount on wifi purchased on board. The only discount available is for pre-purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Forums