Help restuarant and take out priced meals in Sydney Australia.

kruisey

Since we've gone off topic I'll just add this one comment.

Unless you are really rich, don't expect it in a house in California. I always crack up when I watch TV shows where they say I want a new 5 bedroom house, with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and go on and on. Oh, and I don't want to pay more then $250,000 for it. And they find it. You couldn't find an unfurnished one bedroom apartment here in So Cal for that kind of money. Add a few more dollars - like $700,000 more and you can begin to find a house with a home theatre. Cracks me up.

Similar case for most of the cities or major areas in Australia.

Yes, it is a pastry type dish with eggs and sausages inside I think.

Toad in the Hole with pastry:eek:. My God, you colonial chappies have been away from Blighty for far too long!:D:*:rolleyes:

Sausage in pastry is a sausage roll.

To be serious, Sydney seemed a very 'foodie' place when we were there recently. Had a cracking Chinese at BBQ King on Liverpool Street (not cheap though:().

Toad in the Hole is link pork and bread (bangers) sausages cooked in a Yorkshire pudding or popover type batter in the UK and in the US, it's a fried egg cooked in the middle of a piece of toast. I prefer the UK version.

Yes, that is the one, glad I listed the variation. Didn't want to get people confused.

LOL, so what is Yorkshire pudding if not a type of pastry?

Yorkshire pudding isn't pastry, it's a batter that puffs up. The texture is quite different to pastry. Pastry is made with butter or oil, and is pliable enough to be rolled. Batter is made with eggs and milk, is runny enough so that foods can be dipped in it to coat before cooking in oil. The only similarity is that both can be used to encase other foods before cooking, although Yorkshire pudding is just pure batter. Then, of course, there is choux pastry which is butter, milk and eggs but that is always baked first then filled once cold.

Yes, I think that's right. Last time I was at Mum and Dad's place, I was cooking breakfast and I went to get some spices and she really didn't have anything except a very old bottle containing Italian herbs that had seen better days. Other than that, she had some salt, which she rarely uses apparently - the box was from the 1980's and that was pretty much it so I went to the grocery store to get the things I needed. My inlaws used to grow and raise a lot of their own food, but I guess Mum never bothered with herbs or spices much when cooking it.

I have friends like that! Ten year old bottles of herbs and spices in their pantry. :rolleyes: