30% Off your Cruise....I don't think so!

Hi....I am in the Uk so I am looking at the "so called 30% offer" from being based here.

I looked at a cruise for September 2018 sailing from Southampton. I looked at at the offer and it states enjoy 30% off the cruise fare.

I priced for a balcony cabin...initial price is slightly high but thought 30% off that will make it reasonable...a .similar price as to what I am paying for my cruise this year.

When I go through the dummy booking it doesn't discount it by 30%. I phoned RCI to point this out and was told the advertised price is already with the 30% off.

My point is that nowhere does it give the original price and then the discounted price and also this cruise has only been on sale a couple of weeks and it has never been offered at the higher price. I am not even sure if it is legal to do that in this country. I think you have to show original price and then the discounted price and you have to show that it has been on sale at the higher price.

If the cruise had been on sale at the higher price it would have had to be on sale at £2600 per person for a lead in balcony cabin...I don't think so!

I feel it is a case for misrepresentation and certainly is" kidology"

Done that...still no mention of the original price before 30% discount on the price breakdown

When I get to the page that asks for guest names, on the right side you can click "View pricing by guest". That section expands to show the details of the fake base price with the 30% off deductions.

Hi....I am in the Uk so I am looking at the "so called 30% offer" from being based here.

I looked at a cruise for September 2018 sailing from Southampton. I looked at at the offer and it states enjoy 30% off the cruise fare.

I priced for a balcony cabin...initial price is slightly high but thought 30% off that will make it reasonable...a .similar price as to what I am paying for my cruise this year.

When I go through the dummy booking it doesn't discount it by 30%. I phoned RCI to point this out and was told the advertised price is already with the 30% off.

My point is that nowhere does it give the original price and then the discounted price and also this cruise has only been on sale a couple of weeks and it has never been offered at the higher price. I am not even sure if it is legal to do that in this country. I think you have to show original price and then the discounted price and you have to show that it has been on sale at the higher price.

If the cruise had been on sale at the higher price it would have had to be on sale at £2600 per person for a lead in balcony cabin...I don't think so!

I feel it is a case for misrepresentation and certainly is" kidology"

Agree.

When I get to the page that asks for guest names, on the right side you can click "View pricing by guest". That section expands to show the details of the fake base price with the 30% off deductions.

Thanks for the better explanation [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hi....just tried that....went through to the guest information page but it does not give me the option of "View pricing by guest" just an option of "price breakdown" ...that does list both guests but no original extortionate pricing....just the price it is today. As I said in my original post I don't think it is legal to show a discounted price without showing original sale price.

This year's cruise we have paid less than half the price of what they are claiming was the original price for next year £2600 ($ 3260) per person for a lead in balcony

Hi....just tried that....went through to the guest information page but it does not give me the option of "View pricing by guest" just an option of "price breakdown" ...that does list both guests but no original extortionate pricing....just the price it is today. As I said in my original post I don't think it is legal to show a discounted price without showing original sale price.

This year's cruise we have paid less than half the price of what they are claiming was the original price for next year £2600 ($ 3260) per person for a lead in balcony

I just realized you are probably using the UK website. Sorry, I've been describing the US website.

Maybe someone in the UK can bring them to court for the whole fake sale thing.:rolleyes:

We booked a 7 day inside Guarantee that was over £100 pp cheaper than before....it was more like 20% off tbh but it was a good deal nevertheless.

Whats even better is our inside Guarantee turned into a Promenade room in a good location so I saved myself another 100 quid pp.

I was so entralled by my savings I almost bought the drinks package.